Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daunte?

Re: Daunte?

...After the latest Ben incident NO WAY will the Rooneys bring in boat party Culpepper.

Just sayin'.

The Steeler season rests entirely on Ben Roethlisberger's shoulders whether he's charged with a crime or not. If he's exonerated and he plays the Steelers have a great chance at making the playoffs and winning another Super Bowl. If he's suspended for any substantial length of time the Steelers are not contenders and they may as well begin to groom Dixon to be the quarterback.

He may or may not be the answer to the Steelers at quarterback should Ben be unavailable we have no way of knowing. Leftwich and Culpepper would only be stop gap measures while the Steelers search for the quarterback of the future. If anything tragic happens in the Ben assault cases the Steelers will need to pick up the pieces and move forward. I don't believe Leftwich or Culpepper are the answer there.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Pro Bowler

Culpepper was exposed once he lost Randy Moss, who can make just about any QB look good. Now he's old and his running game, which USED to help his passing game some, isn't really there any more. Lefty and Dixon in my book (but not necessarily in that order).

Hall of Famer

I like Batch but he hasn't shown durability to make it through an entire game. It is time for him to move into the coaching ranks. They could use a vet if Ben is suspended and I believe it will be addressed if it does happen. I also believe both Leftwich & Bulger will be available after the draft. I don't expect the Steelers to make any moves until after the draft.

Pro Bowler

Culpepper would get sacked 80 times behind our line.