Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daunte?

Legend

User Info Menu

Daunte?

With the possibility of problems with Ben coming for this season, does anyone think Daunte Culpepper might be an option as a back-up QB?

He was brought in to work out the same time Leftwich was- but from memory was asking for a shot at starting & therefore was passed over by Byron.

Now Daunte is free again, and there might be a need. Is he an upgrade over Batch?

If Leftwich isn't released in Tampa- is Daunte a genuine option?

Could he even start if things go South for Ben?
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 10
    Wins- 2
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $60,050.00

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Daunte?

I would take Dennis Dixon over Daunte Culpooper anyday of the week. Culpooper isn't going to win games for you, so you might as well develop a young prospect if the need arises.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Daunte at this stage of his career is truly terrible.

Legend

User Info Menu

He's also played on some truly terrible teams. Dixon would be option #1, but Chadman thinks that if Ben is in the poo, that Daunte isn't the absolute worst option as a back-up, if Dixon doesn't elevate his game.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 10
    Wins- 2
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $60,050.00

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'd rather keep Batch than Culpepper.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    He's also played on some truly terrible teams. Dixon would be option #1, but Chadman thinks that if Ben is in the poo, that Daunte isn't the absolute worst option as a back-up, if Dixon doesn't elevate his game.

Leftwich already knows the offensive system, I think the Steelers would feel more comfortable bringing Lefty back to compete with Dixon while Batch competes with a rookie for the #3 spot.

Legend

User Info Menu

Lefty>Culpepper>>>>>Batch

Starter

User Info Menu

RANDLE EL!!!!

The SPIRAL from SB XL still makes me smile.

he could probably hit a few open receivers, or run for the yardage. Obviously this isnt my choice for starting QB and i do think Ben will be okay....just sayin.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Dennis Dixon>Lefty.. Leftwich looked horrible in Tampa... I know Tampa is ehhh but he was missing wide open WR's by a mile. Lefty knows the offense but if he had to go for 2 or 3 games it would be a nightmare.
    1) Chidobe Awuzie - CB, Colorado.
    2) Tim Williams - LB, Bama.
    3) Josh Jones S, NCState.
    3 Comp) Isaiah Ford, WR - VTech.
    4) Kareem Hunt - RB, Toledo.
    5) Josh Dobbs - QB, Tenn.
    6) Greg Pike - G/OT, Georgia.
    7) Isaac Rochell - DL, ND.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman

Leftwich already knows the offensive system, I think the Steelers would feel more comfortable bringing Lefty back to compete with Dixon while Batch competes with a rookie for the #3 spot.
    You want to bring 5 QB's to camp?

How about Lefty competes with Dixon? Whichever one wins is #2. Whichever one loses is #3. Done. Forget Batch and a rookie (well, maybe a UDFA QB rookie as a camp arm, but that's it).

NFL player locker room talk: Discussing what can be done about racial inequality and criminal justice reform.

Presidential locker room talk: Discussing involuntary gynecological exams.

According to the highest office in the country, some "very fine people" marched with torches in a violent protest in Charlottesville, but participating in a non-violent protest on a football field means you are an S.O.B. who should be fired.