Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Goodell Plans to Meet With Roethlisberger

  1. #21

    Re: Goodell Plans to Meet With Roethlisberger

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Ben and Pacman are "the same" only the in the sense of multiple allegations. The allegations are different. The implications are different. Pac Man is pretty much on video. Ben has been ALLEGED to be guilty. The truth of the matter is that in both cases with Ben, both sides (Ben's and the accuser's) claims fall within the bounds of "reasonable scenario."

    The McNulty situation looks like a clear case of trying to cash in on an indiscretion. My guess is that this one is not far from that. The problem is that Ben is stumbling through life metaphorically drunk and not paying attention to the signs of the times around him. Hopefully this is at least a wake up call to which he responds.
    Well said.

  2. #22
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,128

    Re: Goodell Plans to Meet With Roethlisberger



    Come on Dizz don't take me for an idiot. I know what you are about...you have told me. So, based on how I know you see the world I will make some assumptions about why you are the most vocal of the Ben critics. It is what it is I suppose.
    Please tell me what I am about Shawn? Then I will tell you what you are about....
    Why do you always go into "psycho babble" defense mode when someone disagrees with you? Save that Robin William "it's not your fault" Goodwill Hunting bit for your patients.

    please spare me the "whoa, I hit a nail on the head" comeback.

    Just talk about the Ben case or wherever the topic goes. I don't mind the back and forth on the random topics but implying racism or racial bias is weak and a desperate attempt to hijack the thread.

  3. #23
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,128

    Re: Goodell Plans to Meet With Roethlisberger

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Ben and Pacman are "the same" only the in the sense of multiple allegations. The allegations are different. The implications are different. Pac Man is pretty much on video. Ben has been ALLEGED to be guilty. The truth of the matter is that in both cases with Ben, both sides (Ben's and the accuser's) claims fall within the bounds of "reasonable scenario."

    The McNulty situation looks like a clear case of trying to cash in on an indiscretion. My guess is that this one is not far from that. The problem is that Ben is stumbling through life metaphorically drunk and not paying attention to the signs of the times around him. Hopefully this is at least a wake up call to which he responds.
    Well said.
    Who is the doctor?

    multiple allegations.. football players.. Goodell meeting with both about conduct.. Goodell's quote about Ben putting himself in the same position.... our fear of Goodell suspending Ben...

    being difficult just to be difficult...

  4. #24

    Re: Goodell Plans to Meet With Roethlisberger

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn


    Come on Dizz don't take me for an idiot. I know what you are about...you have told me. So, based on how I know you see the world I will make some assumptions about why you are the most vocal of the Ben critics. It is what it is I suppose.
    Please tell me what I am about Shawn? Then I will tell you what you are about....
    Why do you always go into "psycho babble" defense mode when someone disagrees with you? Save that Robin William "it's not your fault" Goodwill Hunting bit for your patients.

    please spare me the "whoa, I hit a nail on the head" comeback.

    Just talk about the Ben case or wherever the topic goes. I don't mind the back and forth on the random topics but implying racism or racial bias is weak and a desperate attempt to hijack the thread.
    Tell you what you are about? I wish the Trib was still up so I could post some links. They were real eye openers. I can say what I want to say and you will just deny it. I have no ability to prove your comments about "good ole boys clubs" " how blacks and whites are treated different in court and the media" "I'm pro black" and all the other nonsense you have spewed. Is that motivating some of this? Who knows. So, do what you do Dizz.

  5. #25

    Re: Goodell Plans to Meet With Roethlisberger

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Ben and Pacman are "the same" only the in the sense of multiple allegations. The allegations are different. The implications are different. Pac Man is pretty much on video. Ben has been ALLEGED to be guilty. The truth of the matter is that in both cases with Ben, both sides (Ben's and the accuser's) claims fall within the bounds of "reasonable scenario."

    The McNulty situation looks like a clear case of trying to cash in on an indiscretion. My guess is that this one is not far from that. The problem is that Ben is stumbling through life metaphorically drunk and not paying attention to the signs of the times around him. Hopefully this is at least a wake up call to which he responds.
    Well said.
    Who is the doctor?

    multiple allegations.. football players.. Goodell meeting with both about conduct.. Goodell's quote about Ben putting himself in the same position.... our fear of Goodell suspending Ben...

    being difficult just to be difficult...
    I know you are not dumb. So, I have to assume you can see shades of gray. Not everything is black and white. While there are similarities...there are more differences than similarities in this situation as spelled out by Ability. It seems you are the only one that doesn't see this. You are likely on your own comparing Jones to Ben.

  6. #26
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,128

    Re: Goodell Plans to Meet With Roethlisberger

    You brought up race for some crazy reason... The original post about Goodell thinking Ben was as stupid as Pacman was a freaking joke with some truth in it.

    Your life must suck dude... It's obvious you have some hang ups about race or you wouldn't bring it up. We can disagree but I think you are wrong for trying to bring up Jerry Springer Trib comments on this board.

    I may not get along with everyone on here and I may criticize Ben more then Arians but I don't bring up race or throw jabs at a person over race. It's not cool to rehash Trib drama, it was shut down for a reason.

  7. #27

    Re: Goodell Plans to Meet With Roethlisberger

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    You brought up race for some crazy reason... The original post about Goodell thinking Ben was as stupid as Pacman was a freaking joke with some truth in it.

    Your life must suck dude... It's obvious you have some hang ups about race or you wouldn't bring it up. We can disagree but I think you are wrong for trying to bring up Jerry Springer Trib comments on this board.

    I may not get along with everyone on here and I may criticize Ben more then Arians but I don't bring up race or throw jabs at a person over race. It's not cool to rehash Trib drama, it was shut down for a reason.
    I bring it up because it was brought up. Feltwig or whatever his name stated it was refreshing to see a white boy brought up on charges. That wasn't on the Trib. And people rarely change their views on these matters. You stated what you stated and that's fine. I get ya.

    As for my life sucking...well I'm not sure where you get that. But, if that makes you sleep better terrific. Do I have hang ups about race? It depends what you mean by that. I don't suffer from white guilt I can say that for sure. Have I ever judged someone based on appearance? Yes. Has that ever included the color of their skin? I'm sure. But, I do my best not to do so. I do my very best to interact with people as people. Am I perfect? Surely not.

    What I will say is this...I hope you have changed. I sincerely hope race isn't the reason you have been riding Ben harder than anyone here. I hope it's not the reason you are so willing to compare him to Jones and willing to declare him guilty before a trial. The reason this bothers me isn't just about Ben. It's bothers me that there are those in our mist that believe guilty until proven innocent...that these people sit on juries. It bothers me that people prejudge situations and draw conclusions of guilt on very little information. And it bothers me that there may be darker explanations for doing so.

  8. #28
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,128

    Re: Goodell Plans to Meet With Roethlisberger

    You are better then this Shawn...

    It's a shame to see you bringing up everything that was wrong with the Trib board to slant a disagreement. Hijacking threads to air old Trib laundry is disrespectful to the PS board.

  9. #29

    Re: Goodell Plans to Meet With Roethlisberger

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    You are better then this Shawn...

    It's a shame to see you bringing up everything that was wrong with the Trib board to slant a disagreement. Hijacking threads to air old Trib laundry is disrespectful to the PS board.
    I find it funny that you are trying to deflect attention away from your motives. But, deflect away. "Hijacking", "disrespect to ps", "old Trib laundry" wow you are really pulling out all the stops huh. We both know I am commenting on your current posts. I am questioning your motives for doing so based on things you have stated about your beliefs. Beliefs are current matters which involve current posts. If you have changed your mind about those things then I apologize. It's good to see a man grow.

  10. #30
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,128

    Re: Goodell Plans to Meet With Roethlisberger

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    You are better then this Shawn...

    It's a shame to see you bringing up everything that was wrong with the Trib board to slant a disagreement. Hijacking threads to air old Trib laundry is disrespectful to the PS board.
    I find it funny that you are trying to deflect attention away from your motives. But, deflect away. "Hijacking", "disrespect to ps", "old Trib laundry" wow you are really pulling out all the stops huh. We both know I am commenting on your current posts. I am questioning your motives for doing so based on things you have stated about your beliefs. Beliefs are current matters which involve current posts. If you have changed your mind about those things then I apologize. It's good to see a man grow.
    I wish I could say the same... keep it above the psychobabble please.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •