Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Goodell Plans to Meet With Roethlisberger

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Here's to hoping Ben sobers up a bit. His margin of error is pretty much down to zero. The target on his back right now is pretty big.

On another note, is it just me or does Goodell's comment regarding Ben's "putting himself in these positions" seem to project that Goodell thinks Ben is innocent?
    Goodell doesn't give 2 sh#ts if Ben is guilty or not... Ben has already screwed his image up.

To me that statement says Goodell realizes Ben is just as dumb as PacMan Jones off the field.
    How many people have been paralyzed for life as a result of Ben's actions?
    Exactly...it was a ridiculous statement.
    You guys are taking pride in your ignorance.

Both Ben and Pacman have had multiple off field problems...
    Both are perceived "repeat" offenders in the eyes of Goodell...

I never said Ben had the same infractions as PacMan...
    It's a little scary how juvenile people get when talking about this...

Goodell is MEETING with Ben because he keeps getting in trouble over the SAME PROBLEM... grow up and realize he is now viewed as a PacMan/Bungle/repeat offender who needs a "talking to by the commissioner"
    Ignorance...lol. Pot meet kettle.

If you don't see a difference between PacMan Jones and Ben then I don't know what to say. If you don't see how Goodell will see it differently then I don't know what to say.

These multiple "infractions" you speak about...

1) Woman who bragged to friends about wanting to have Ben's baby...goes to his hotel room has sex with him then cries foul. He has been cleared of all charges.

2) And an open case where we have very little knowledge of the situation.

Is Ben a dumb acs? Well I would say no for the first...and yes for the second. At this point, I would say he was guilty of one jack acs move.

PacMan Jones...lol come one how many times has this cat had brushes with the law? Jones is a thug in the true sense of the word. Lets go over his rap sheet shall we?

July 2005: A nightclub altercation leads to an arrest for assault and felony vandalism charges.
    September 2005: Asked to wait in line for his vehicle from valet parking after the annual Nashville Sports Council Kickoff luncheon, Jones threw a loud tantrum and had to be talked to by the police.
    October 2005: After a petition filed by the State of West Virginia claimed that Pacman had not seen his probation officer enough, his probation period is extended by 90 days.
    August 2006: In another nightclub episode, he gets busted for disorderly conduct and public intoxication after claiming a woman swiped his wallet. According to her, not only did she not steal anything, but Jones spat on her. Police ordered him to leave multiple times, but he refused and continued to loudly swear at the woman. He gets six months probation with the following conditions: stay out of trouble and stay away from the nightclub. Stay away from nightclubs? Man, that’s like asking the U.S. to stop meddling in international affairs.
    October 2006: Another nightclub altercation, another episode where Jones allegedly spat in the face of a woman. He gets cited for misdemeanor assault and the Titans finally take action, suspending him for one game.
    February 2007: The famous NBA All-Star weekend episode that involves a strip club and an exotic dancer. Enraged that once of the dancers ‘ without his permission — dared pick up money he threw on stage, Jones allegedly grabbed her by the hair and slammed her head on the stage. That’s when Cudworth apparently got involved, and all hell broke loose. Shots were fired and three people were hit. Next month, Jones is due back in Las Vegas to face criminal charges for this episode. He could face up to 12 years in jail and a $10,000 fine if convicted.
    May 2007: Less than a month after his NFL-imposed suspension, Jones was caught speeding in a car that had been involved in a drug bust in 2006.
    June 2007: Jones was sought for police questioning after an Atlanta strip joint shooting that allegedly involved some of his posse. Pacman avoided charges on this episode.

Yeah...that's pretty close there Dizz. I know you are looking for the "good ole boy club" underneath every rock. But, sometimes you just have to call a thug a thug and believe me Jones got his chances. The level of Ben's stupidy and Jones's stupidity are not even on the same planet.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

PacMAn has been accused of a lot but what has he been "guilty of?"

People have/had much higher expectations of Ben then they did of PacMan...
    For Ben to try to get a quickie in a bar bathroom after last years headlines is a PacMan move.

I have no idea what "good ole boy club" you speak of... All I'm saying is the Goodell statement of Ben getting caught in the same predicament says volumes...

Goodell is going to meet with Ben... if you don't see the obvious that's on you. Ben is in the news, Ben has Ray Ray's lawyer... but for some reason Ben is "better" then the other thugs?

LOL!!! Ben is a thug too... Shawn.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

For Ben to try to get a quickie in a bar bathroom after last years headlines is a PacMan move.

I have no idea what "good ole boy club" you speak of... All I'm saying is the Goodell statement of Ben getting caught in the same predicament says volumes...

Goodell is going to meet with Ben... if you don't see the obvious that's on you. Ben is in the news, Ben has Ray Ray's lawyer... but for some reason Ben is "better" then the other thugs?

Ben isn't a thug...he's a horney perv. Big difference.

The good ole boy club that I speak of came from many comments made by you a couple years ago concerning race relations and how you view them.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

The good ole boy club that I speak of came from many comments made by you a couple years ago concerning race relations and how you view them.
    horny perv? That is so much better then a thug

There is no reason to bring race into this... there is nothing racial about this matter.

But if there was....

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Starter

User Info Menu

Ignorance...lol. Pot meet kettle.

If you don't see a difference between PacMan Jones and Ben then I don't know what to say. If you don't see how Goodell will see it differently then I don't know what to say.

These multiple "infractions" you speak about...

1) Woman who bragged to friends about wanting to have Ben's baby...goes to his hotel room has sex with him then cries foul. He has been cleared of all charges.

2) And an open case where we have very little knowledge of the situation.

Is Ben a dumb acs? Well I would say no for the first...and yes for the second. At this point, I would say he was guilty of one jack acs move.

PacMan Jones...lol come one how many times has this cat had brushes with the law? Jones is a thug in the true sense of the word. Lets go over his rap sheet shall we?

July 2005: A nightclub altercation leads to an arrest for assault and felony vandalism charges.
    September 2005: Asked to wait in line for his vehicle from valet parking after the annual Nashville Sports Council Kickoff luncheon, Jones threw a loud tantrum and had to be talked to by the police.
    October 2005: After a petition filed by the State of West Virginia claimed that Pacman had not seen his probation officer enough, his probation period is extended by 90 days.
    August 2006: In another nightclub episode, he gets busted for disorderly conduct and public intoxication after claiming a woman swiped his wallet. According to her, not only did she not steal anything, but Jones spat on her. Police ordered him to leave multiple times, but he refused and continued to loudly swear at the woman. He gets six months probation with the following conditions: stay out of trouble and stay away from the nightclub. Stay away from nightclubs? Man, that’s like asking the U.S. to stop meddling in international affairs.
    October 2006: Another nightclub altercation, another episode where Jones allegedly spat in the face of a woman. He gets cited for misdemeanor assault and the Titans finally take action, suspending him for one game.
    February 2007: The famous NBA All-Star weekend episode that involves a strip club and an exotic dancer. Enraged that once of the dancers ‘ without his permission — dared pick up money he threw on stage, Jones allegedly grabbed her by the hair and slammed her head on the stage. That’s when Cudworth apparently got involved, and all hell broke loose. Shots were fired and three people were hit. Next month, Jones is due back in Las Vegas to face criminal charges for this episode. He could face up to 12 years in jail and a $10,000 fine if convicted.
    May 2007: Less than a month after his NFL-imposed suspension, Jones was caught speeding in a car that had been involved in a drug bust in 2006.
    June 2007: Jones was sought for police questioning after an Atlanta strip joint shooting that allegedly involved some of his posse. Pacman avoided charges on this episode.

Yeah...that's pretty close there Dizz. I know you are looking for the "good ole boy club" underneath every rock. But, sometimes you just have to call a thug a thug and believe me Jones got his chances. The level of Ben's stupidy and Jones's stupidity are not even on the same planet.
    Wow, Ben and Pacman are exactly the same. I never realized that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Me neither.... who said they were the same?

I said Goodell probably thinks Ben is as dumb as PacMan....

Yep, that sure says "exactly the same" doesn't it? Same DNA, same height and weight, same hair style, all the same.... EXACTLY the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yep, that sure says "exactly the same" doesn't it? Same DNA, same height and weight, same hair style, all the same.... EXACTLY the same.
    If Goodell can take a look at both individuals and place them anywhere near the same group as each other...I must question the man's intelligence and obsevational skills.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

I say he probably doesn't.

So there.

Legend

User Info Menu

horny perv? That is so much better then a thug

There is no reason to bring race into this... there is nothing racial about this matter.

But if there was....

Come on Dizz don't take me for an idiot. I know what you are about...you have told me. So, based on how I know you see the world I will make some assumptions about why you are the most vocal of the Ben critics. It is what it is I suppose.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ben and Pacman are "the same" only the in the sense of multiple allegations. The allegations are different. The implications are different. Pac Man is pretty much on video. Ben has been ALLEGED to be guilty. The truth of the matter is that in both cases with Ben, both sides (Ben's and the accuser's) claims fall within the bounds of "reasonable scenario."

The McNulty situation looks like a clear case of trying to cash in on an indiscretion. My guess is that this one is not far from that. The problem is that Ben is stumbling through life metaphorically drunk and not paying attention to the signs of the times around him. Hopefully this is at least a wake up call to which he responds.