Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers say they won't draft an elite quarterback

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers say they won't draft an elite quarterback

sounds like we are considering drafting a "non-elite" QB though, anybody have some good mid to late round sleeper picks?

Steelers say they won't draft an elite quarterback

Posted by Mike Florio on March 22, 2010

According to Scott Brown of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, director of football operations Kevin Colbert said Sunday that the Steelers have ruled out drafting a quarterback in the early rounds.

"The position appears to be set," Colbert said, per Brown.

For now, Dennis Dixon is the backup to Roethlisberger, with the team reportedly interested in re-signing Charlie Batch. Byron Leftwich, the No. 2 man on the depth chart in 2008, also could be returning, if he's cut by the Buccaneers.

Then again, why should we believe anything Colbert says on the matter? This is the time of year when everyone is full of something other than chocolate. If the Steelers plan to take a quarterback in the early rounds, the last thing we'd expect Colbert to do is admit it.

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/22/steelers-say-they-wont-draft-an-elite-quarterback/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... arterback/[/url]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers say they won't draft an elite quarterback

Can we read anything into this regarding if the Steelers know anything more about the status of the accusations against Ben.

I hope so.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Can we read anything into this regarding if the Steelers know anything more about the status of the accusations against Ben.

I hope so.

That was my hope after reading that as well. I do believe they will draft some insurance in rounds 5-7. Might not be a bad year to use one of those extra 5ths. With Dixon playing reasonably well he should be our solid #2. Drafting another guy to develop sounds like a good idea to me.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

If Fordham's John Skelton does not get taken by a QB needy team on day two of the draft, I would be interested in him on day three.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene

I hope so.
    I think all they really know is that this thing will probabaly be impossible to prove either way and it therefore is risky. It is unlikely that anything will happen this year because this will be able to be delayed forever with motions. Phillyesq: Any insights from a professional point of view.

I think they know they will have Big "Dumb" Ben this dseason but they have some difficult decisions to make in the future. What do you wanna bet that the Rooney's will be trying to influence the new CBA with regards to personal conduct and terminating contracts without penalty?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

if we wont draft an elite qb, i guess that means we are looking at tebow then...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    if we wont draft an elite qb, i guess that means we are looking at tebow then...
    I just threw up a little in my mouth.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

wonder how this will turn out?

Steelers | Goodell wants to meet with Roethlisberger
    Mon, 22 Mar 2010 11:07:03 -0700

Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said he wants to meet with Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger to discuss Roethlisberger's off field issues.

Read more: [url="http://www.kffl.com/team/30/nfl#ixzz0ivrfOHdo"]http://www.kffl.com/team/30/nfl#ixzz0ivrfOHdo[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn

don't you guys think Tebow looks good in the Black & Gold?

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn

don't you guys think Tebow looks good in the Black & Gold?

not to mention Timmy's better half...

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha