Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Big Ben to Lions for Stafford and the number 2 pick?

Re: Big Ben to Lions for Stafford and the number 2 pick?

Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    IF he is found guilty of this assault then yes I would do it, I guess I am in the minority that would rather have a team of good characters (or people that you dont hear about) than a great team full of convicts that is why i hate the cowboys and all the other teams...I have lived my life based on morals, it was what I was taught from my parents..
    We are all pleased that you are so moral. But, I can't remember anyone advocating keeping Ben if he is found guilty of a crime. I'm not sure where you got that and why you believe you are in the moral minority.

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    IF he is found guilty of this assault then yes I would do it, I guess I am in the minority that would rather have a team of good characters (or people that you dont hear about) than a great team full of convicts that is why i hate the cowboys and all the other teams...I have lived my life based on morals, it was what I was taught from my parents..
    i feel the same way. if ben goes to court and is found guilty i dont see how the steelers could keep him on the team. no one knows ben personally so no one can base an opinion on his character as of now. if he is convicted then he is no better than vick or mike tyson imo. what if he really is a dirt bag? last season's incident was a joke this however is the second acusation in one year!!
    So if I accuse you of something and someone else accusses you of the same thing, even if it isn't true, then there is something to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    We are all pleased that you are so moral. But, I can't remember anyone advocating keeping Ben if he is found guilty of a crime. I'm not sure where you got that and why you believe you are in the moral minority.
    Being found guilty in a court of law doesn't automatically mean he really did it. So yeah, even if he's "found" guilty I'm still for keeping him on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    i feel the same way. if ben goes to court and is found guilty i dont see how the steelers could keep him on the team. no one knows ben personally so no one can base an opinion on his character as of now. if he is convicted then he is no better than vick or mike tyson imo. what if he really is a dirt bag? last season's incident was a joke this however is the second acusation in one year!!
    So if I accuse you of something and someone else accusses you of the same thing, even if it isn't true, then there is something to it?

Being found guilty in a court of law doesn't automatically mean he really did it. So yeah, even if he's "found" guilty I'm still for keeping him on the team.

yeah, and just because O.J. was found innocent in a court of law doesn't automatically mean he didn't do it either...the key was he had a good attorney.

Ben will not be found guilty, he has too good of an attorney...

Pro Bowler

I am not calling you or anyone else on the board out, so take a chill pill, I just know alot of people that I talk to in person "not on the board" have told me that this is the way sports are now, and if he is not guilty than all is good, well i think that roethlisberger has not been "targeted" twice but he has put himself in the position twice at least, and this is what happens, keep partying hard and leaving restaurant bills unpaid because you are big ben, oh and to totally give a make a wish child the cold shoulder really turned me off this guy, i dont care how many autographs and charitable things he has done, but to shun a make a wish child...

you cant accuse me of anything when I am at home with my wife or out to eat with my wife or at the gym with camera's or with my family somewhere, you could probably come up with some kind of accusation at a strip club or at a club with college kids who are much younger than I am.... but that is just my opinion.

you cant accuse me of anything when I am at home with my wife or out to eat with my wife or at the gym with camera's or with my family somewhere, you could probably come up with some kind of accusation at a strip club or at a club with college kids who are much younger than I am.... but that is just my opinion.
    It's not up to you to decide how a single, rich, athlete lives his life Chief.

And that make a wish story was all a bunch of crap. Someone here posted something with regards to it all being a bunch of crap. I'm sure if you do a search you'll find it.

So get off your high, judgmental horse and live your life the way you choose to. And let others do the same.

Pro Bowler

It's not up to you to decide how a single, rich, athlete lives his life Chief.

And that make a wish story was all a bunch of crap. Someone here posted something with regards to it all being a bunch of crap. I'm sure if you do a search you'll find it.

So get off your high, judgmental horse and live your life the way you choose to. And let others do the same.

okay chief.....your right how dare I give my opinion on a message board, what was I thinking....let me get back on my horse now
    you give Steeler fans a bad name, not because I disagree with you on this topic (no big deal, I disagree with alot of people on this), but you often say very dumb things, I'm sure if you do a search you'll find it.

Legend

I think he made a pretty good point...it's not up to you to decide how Ben lives his life.

ps - I'm sick of all the holier-than-thou, judgmental types as well.

It's hard to be found guilty when you haven't even been charged with anything.

It's good to live a morally upstanding life. That's not at issue here.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    I think he made a pretty good point...it's not up to you to decide how Ben lives his life.

i could care less how ben lives his life too, I am just giving my opinion on the freaking post, I really dont care what your opinion is either whether it is of me or him. If your sick of the "holier-than-thou judgement", than dont read it, it was the first time I ever said anything about how I have lived a good life led by morals, if that makes you upset to read, than you must get upset and on edge alot..

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

i could care less how ben lives his life too, I am just giving my opinion on the freaking post, I really dont care what your opinion is either whether it is of me or him. If your sick of the "holier-than-thou judgement", than dont read it, it was the first time I ever said anything about how I have lived a good life led by morals, if that makes you upset to read, than you must get upset and on edge alot..
    The holier-than-thou opinions are so pervasive they are impossible to miss. And I wasn't singling you out. There are plenty of folks preaching from the safety of their working-class lives.

The amount of money and fame these guys have brings on temptations of catastrophic proportions that many people couldn't even BEGIN to imagine. I've seen Packers players come into a bar (when I was working) and be instantly mobbed by DOZENS of women...each! You just can't understand it until you see it. And even then it's hard to understand exactly what's going on.