Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ben to Lions for Stafford and the number 2 pick?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Big Ben to Lions for Stafford and the number 2 pick?

IF he is found guilty of this assault then yes I would do it, I guess I am in the minority that would rather have a team of good characters (or people that you dont hear about) than a great team full of convicts that is why i hate the cowboys and all the other teams...I have lived my life based on morals, it was what I was taught from my parents..

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No way, you all are nuts!

6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dang it! I stayed away from the board for a week or so hoping these kinds of things would stop sprouting up, but to no avail.

Why in the bloody hell would we trade him?! We are all sick things popping up, but he still has not been convicted of a crime in his life, as far as we know.

Buncha bumshum if you ask me.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Dang it! I stayed away from the board for a week or so hoping these kinds of things would stop sprouting up, but to no avail.

Why in the bloody hell would we trade him?! We are all sick things popping up, but he still has not been convicted of a crime in his life, as far as we know.

Buncha bumshum if you ask me.
    Bumshum? Is that a clever way of swearing without swearing, such as dadgummit?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yessir! My friends coined that term a couple years back and we always say it now.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    IF he is found guilty of this assault then yes I would do it, I guess I am in the minority that would rather have a team of good characters (or people that you dont hear about) than a great team full of convicts that is why i hate the cowboys and all the other teams...I have lived my life based on morals, it was what I was taught from my parents..
    I have also lived my life based on morals ... both good and bad ones

Right now we can only criticize Ben for being an idiot. Let's face it, I think we all know Ben isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer but to suggest to get rid of him now is very premature.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Yessir! My friends coined that term a couple years back and we always say it now.
    For example, Skee-Lo is a big ol' pile of bumshum because he does not have the cojones to post on this board.

(I know you are reading this, Skee-Lo, you bastage you!)

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Haha. I gave up on that fool. I've been hibernating for the winter and haven't seen him much the last couple months to give him crap about it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    i feel the same way. if ben goes to court and is found guilty i dont see how the steelers could keep him on the team. no one knows ben personally so no one can base an opinion on his character as of now. if he is convicted then he is no better than vick or mike tyson imo. what if he really is a dirt bag? last season's incident was a joke this however is the second acusation in one year!!

Backup

User Info Menu

I know I started this post.... but to address some things that have come up: I would hate it and it would make me sick to trade Ben away. Him and Polamalu have been favorites of mine for years now.
    I'm just saying I think the Steelers organization would consider a trade (not necessarly the one I mentioned) if this continues to go sour. WHY? Because the Steelers are one of the few franchises who gives a rip about character and making the organization look bad.
    This thing is going to go on for at least 2 years....unless he is not charged and he settles out of court with both girls. Still the media will not let this go for years to come.
    Another thing if we did trade Ben...which is unlikely but more likely that what some of you are inclined to believe, we could move on and get some young talent (preference highly on this stuff ending and Ben stays).