Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daunte?

Legend

User Info Menu

Daunte?

With the possibility of problems with Ben coming for this season, does anyone think Daunte Culpepper might be an option as a back-up QB?

He was brought in to work out the same time Leftwich was- but from memory was asking for a shot at starting & therefore was passed over by Byron.

Now Daunte is free again, and there might be a need. Is he an upgrade over Batch?

If Leftwich isn't released in Tampa- is Daunte a genuine option?

Could he even start if things go South for Ben?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Daunte?

I would take Dennis Dixon over Daunte Culpooper anyday of the week. Culpooper isn't going to win games for you, so you might as well develop a young prospect if the need arises.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Daunte at this stage of his career is truly terrible.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

He's also played on some truly terrible teams. Dixon would be option #1, but Chadman thinks that if Ben is in the poo, that Daunte isn't the absolute worst option as a back-up, if Dixon doesn't elevate his game.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd rather keep Batch than Culpepper.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    He's also played on some truly terrible teams. Dixon would be option #1, but Chadman thinks that if Ben is in the poo, that Daunte isn't the absolute worst option as a back-up, if Dixon doesn't elevate his game.

Leftwich already knows the offensive system, I think the Steelers would feel more comfortable bringing Lefty back to compete with Dixon while Batch competes with a rookie for the #3 spot.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Lefty>Culpepper>>>>>Batch
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

RANDLE EL!!!!

The SPIRAL from SB XL still makes me smile.

he could probably hit a few open receivers, or run for the yardage. Obviously this isnt my choice for starting QB and i do think Ben will be okay....just sayin.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Dennis Dixon>Lefty.. Leftwich looked horrible in Tampa... I know Tampa is ehhh but he was missing wide open WR's by a mile. Lefty knows the offense but if he had to go for 2 or 3 games it would be a nightmare.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman

Leftwich already knows the offensive system, I think the Steelers would feel more comfortable bringing Lefty back to compete with Dixon while Batch competes with a rookie for the #3 spot.
    You want to bring 5 QB's to camp?

How about Lefty competes with Dixon? Whichever one wins is #2. Whichever one loses is #3. Done. Forget Batch and a rookie (well, maybe a UDFA QB rookie as a camp arm, but that's it).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.