Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No FA love for Parker

Re: No FA love for Parker

Rams | Will continue to talk with Parker's agent

Sat, 20 Mar 2010

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the St. Louis Rams will continue to talk with Douglas Henderickson, agent for unrestricted free-agent RB Willie Parker (Steelers), next week about a potential contract.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#633831#ixzz0imbTggi0

Hall of Famer

Problem for Parker is that most teams know even if he is the feature back, given his recent health issues, you almost have to have another top-tier back waiting on the bench for when Parker goes down. I don't think he will finish a season without missing a few games....such is the life of an NFL running back...

Hall of Famer

parker was great last season as a back up behind mendy. it would be stupid if the steelers were not interested in bringing him back for cheap money. it would be stupid for parker to sign with a team like the rams. parker would get more carries as a back up to mendy opposed to steven jackson. i hope we can get a big rb because since bettis retired the steelers short yardage has been awful. re-building the o-line is a good part of the equasion but i dont think mendy is a great short yardage rb. i really wish we would get a good fb but i dont know if that will ever happen under the arians regime

I have seen enough of Willie Parker. Would I be mad if we resigned him? A little. Scat-backs like him are a dime a dozen. It's time to upgrade......

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by williar
    I have seen enough of Willie Parker. Would I be mad if we resigned him? A little. Scat-backs like him are a dime a dozen. It's time to upgrade......
    he was very productive as a back up though. it is very possible to draft a rb and have a drop off in production. unless the steelers are planning on not signing parker and drafting CJ Spiller in which case i would be ecstatic!! you need 3 rb's that are capable of carrying the load in case of injury.

[quote="hawaiiansteel"]Rams | Will continue to talk with Parker's agent

Sat, 20 Mar 2010

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the St. Louis Rams will continue to talk with Douglas Henderickson, agent for unrestricted free-agent RB Willie Parker (Steelers), next week about a potential contract.

Willie Parker wants to be a Ram

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 21, 2010

Free agent running back Willie Parker is still waiting to find out where he'll play in 2010.

But he'd like it to be in St. Louis.

"Willie enjoyed the visit, enjoyed the coaches and the people he met," Parker's agent, Douglas Hendrickson, told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch of his visit with the Rams. "He liked the possibility of teaming up with Steven Jackson in the backfield."

But Parker left St. Louis without a contract offer, and it's unclear how much the Rams like the possibility of teaming up Parker and Jackson.

Parker has played his entire six-year career with the Steelers. He's coming off a season in which he carried just 98 times for 389 yards, and he'll turn 30 in November.

I wouldn't mind having Wilie return to the Steelers. Good insurance policy.

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    parker was great last season as a back up behind mendy. it would be stupid if the steelers were not interested in bringing him back for cheap money. it would be stupid for parker to sign with a team like the rams. parker would get more carries as a back up to mendy opposed to steven jackson. i hope we can get a big rb because since bettis retired the steelers short yardage has been awful. re-building the o-line is a good part of the equasion but i dont think mendy is a great short yardage rb. i really wish we would get a good fb but i dont know if that will ever happen under the arians regime
    He was? He only averaged 4 yards a carry and no TDs. I would call that far from great.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    He was? He only averaged 4 yards a carry and no TDs. I would call that far from great.
    how many td's did mendy have? not much for a starting rb. the redzone offense was pathetic and it wasnt all mendy and parker's fault. for a back up rb spelling mendy 4 yards per carry isnt too bad. maybe not great but its good. if the steelers drafted spiller or gerhart they could get the same production. i just hope they dont sign some fa retred like a ryan moats. if they dont get a top rb in this draft then they should re-sign parker for cheap money

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    how many td's did mendy have? not much for a starting rb. the redzone offense was pathetic and it wasnt all mendy and parker's fault. for a back up rb spelling mendy 4 yards per carry isnt too bad. maybe not great but its good. if the steelers drafted spiller or gerhart they could get the same production. i just hope they dont sign some fa retred like a ryan moats. if they dont get a top rb in this draft then they should re-sign parker for cheap money
    Mendy averaged 4.7 yards a pop. Mendy is the man. But, we need better interior blocking...so Iupati is growing on me. Not to mention a beast like Gerhart or Blount. Parker and his no vision no power no hands game needs to go to the Rams. We need a 1 a and a 1b....not a #1 and a guy who few teams are interested in.