So what does the lack of interest tell us Steeler fans? I mean teams are even going out of their way to deny interest in Parker. [url="http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/6809"]http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/6809[/url]
Most telling this statement by the Bucs...
On Wednesday, the high-ranking Bucs official attempted to deny any interest in Parker, telling PewterReport.com, "We have never reached out in any capacity to Willie Parker."
This coming from a team who ranked 23rd in rushing.
So, what should we derive from this...
1) NFL teams are smarter than many Steeler fans.
2) Parker's game is mad whack.
3) Teams don't want a one trick pony who lost his one trick.
4) No team will ever start Parker barring injury.
5) That being a "good guy" and a "team player" doesn't get you far in the NFL.
Parker comes back to the Burgh...tail tucked realizing we were not treating him unfairly. Hopefully, he can totally heal...gain that speed back...and we can use him sporatically late in games against tired Ds.