Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Are the Steelers ready for the West Coast O?

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,223

    Are the Steelers ready for the West Coast O?

    Holmgren and the Browns have made it no secret their offense will be revamped to a West Coast style. Holmgren is cleaning house and bringing in vets he thinks can help make the switch.
    Question: do you think are D will be up to the task of defending this offense? With our weak secondary this may be the best opportunity in years for the Browns to do some damage. The strange thing is that if they go back to the last game against us, they would see it was a power run game that beat us. Maybe they realize that was a fluke game and our offense is capable of putting up more than 6 pts against most teams?

  2. #2
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,912

    Re: Are the Steelers ready for the West Coast O?

    In case you haven't noticed, the Browns' QB's are Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace. Their WR's are Mohamed Massoquoi, Josh Cribbs, Brian Robiskie, Chansi Stuckey, and Syndric Steptoe. I think we can handle the Cleveland version of the West Coast offense (yes, even with Gay playing).


  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hey Roger...
    Posts
    3,334

    Re: Are the Steelers ready for the West Coast O?

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    In case you haven't noticed, the Browns' QB's are Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace. Their WR's are Mohamed Massoquoi, Josh Cribbs, Brian Robiskie, Chansi Stuckey, and Syndric Steptoe. I think we can handle the Cleveland version of the West Coast offense (yes, even with Gay playing).

    I dont know, the trio of Massoquoi, Stuckey, and Steptoe strikes fear in my heart.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

  4. #4

    Re: Are the Steelers ready for the West Coast O?

    Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel
    I dont know, the trio of Massoquoi, Stuckey, and Steptoe strikes fear in my heart.

    That's just because they all sound like painful and embarrasing medical conditions.


  5. #5
    Backup The Man of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dahntahn
    Posts
    396

    Re: Are the Steelers ready for the West Coast O?

    The West Coast Offense? BFD.

  6. #6
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,912

    Re: Are the Steelers ready for the West Coast O?

    With Delhomme throwing the rock, Gay, Ike, Burnett, and Clark could all have interceptions in the same game.


  7. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,731

    Re: Are the Steelers ready for the West Coast O?

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast
    Holmgren and the Browns have made it no secret their offense will be revamped to a West Coast style. Holmgren is cleaning house and bringing in vets he thinks can help make the switch.
    Question: do you think are D will be up to the task of defending this offense? With our weak secondary this may be the best opportunity in years for the Browns to do some damage. The strange thing is that if they go back to the last game against us, they would see it was a power run game that beat us. Maybe they realize that was a fluke game and our offense is capable of putting up more than 6 pts against most teams?
    That is why a LB like Timmons is so important versus a plodder like Foote. Timmons can be a nightmare against a West Coast offense team with his ability to cover TEs and RBs and blitz.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler pfelix73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic US
    Posts
    2,399

    Re: Are the Steelers ready for the West Coast O?

    LeBeau's defenses play perfectly against that west coast crap. The dink and dunk stuff. Maybe the Browns front office should have seen that before they brought in dough boy.

    Holmgren is over rated- i.e. see SB 40 for details.

    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

    2012 MNF Executive Champion






  9. #9

    Re: Are the Steelers ready for the West Coast O?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast
    Holmgren and the Browns have made it no secret their offense will be revamped to a West Coast style. Holmgren is cleaning house and bringing in vets he thinks can help make the switch.
    Question: do you think are D will be up to the task of defending this offense? With our weak secondary this may be the best opportunity in years for the Browns to do some damage. The strange thing is that if they go back to the last game against us, they would see it was a power run game that beat us. Maybe they realize that was a fluke game and our offense is capable of putting up more than 6 pts against most teams?
    That is why a LB like Timmons is so important versus a plodder like Foote. Timmons can be a nightmare against a West Coast offense team with his ability to cover TEs and RBs and blitz.
    Timmons is certainly important vs. a WCO team like the Browns. But Foote could easily be more effective against Cedrick Benson and the bengals running game. Both do different things well, and it is nice to have both on the team.

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Woooooo!
    Posts
    1,308

    Re: Are the Steelers ready for the West Coast O?

    I thought lebeau designed the 3-4 zone blitz to specifically counter the west-coast offense. we'll be just fine.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •