Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: No charges….No Interview!!

  1. #21

    Re: No charges….No Interview!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I think that's reasonable. Did she go into the bathroom to have some sort of sexual contact? That is probable. ... The problem? The jury must assume she went in the bathroom to have sexual contact of some sort. She would have a hard time explaining that away. Then she would have to say he took it further than she wished...which is certainly possible. But, proving that is nearly impossible without physical evidence.
    To me, this sounds alot like a description of the Tyson case. She went up to his hotel room, clearly with the intent of having sex. Tyson was found guilty, in part because she had brusing on her private parts and that was seen as evidence of rape.

    Apparently, the girl in this case went into the bathroom with Ben, clearly intending to have some kind of sexual contact. Later that night, she apparently had some sort of head injury.
    I see your point. I would love to know all the details of the Tyson case...because it's hard for me to believe they convicted on a story and some bruises. But, if the ER doc said the bruises appeared to be hand prints...or bruising consistant with a struggle...then yeah I can see how that would be enough. But, a bump to the head is much different. If there is only a bump to the head that could have happened any number of ways. That alone is far from enough. But, bruising on certain parts of body...hands, legs, around the neck is much harder to explain. That's why I maintain that the docs physical is crucial. And if they would have found markings consistant with a struggle...Ben would already be arrested.
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

  2. #22
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,367

    Re: No charges….No Interview!!

    After the Duke case a DA would be stupid to rush the case.

    It doesn't matter though.. the damage is done and even if the case doesn't go any further people will think Ben paid her off.

    I hope this wakes Ben up and he realizes having spontaneous sexual encounters with strangers in public OR in private can land him in a heap of trouble.

  3. #23

    Re: No charges….No Interview!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I think that's reasonable. Did she go into the bathroom to have some sort of sexual contact? That is probable. ... The problem? The jury must assume she went in the bathroom to have sexual contact of some sort. She would have a hard time explaining that away. Then she would have to say he took it further than she wished...which is certainly possible. But, proving that is nearly impossible without physical evidence.
    To me, this sounds alot like a description of the Tyson case. She went up to his hotel room, clearly with the intent of having sex. Tyson was found guilty, in part because she had brusing on her private parts and that was seen as evidence of rape.

    Apparently, the girl in this case went into the bathroom with Ben, clearly intending to have some kind of sexual contact. Later that night, she apparently had some sort of head injury.
    I see your point. I would love to know all the details of the Tyson case...because it's hard for me to believe they convicted on a story and some bruises. But, if the ER doc said the bruises appeared to be hand prints...or bruising consistant with a struggle...then yeah I can see how that would be enough. But, a bump to the head is much different. If there is only a bump to the head that could have happened any number of ways. That alone is far from enough. But, bruising on certain parts of body...hands, legs, around the neck is much harder to explain. That's why I maintain that the docs physical is crucial. And if they would have found markings consistant with a struggle...Ben would already be arrested.
    IIRC, the brusing the the Tyson case was on her genitals. Her lawyers argued that it was a sign of violent sex. Tyson's lawyers argued that it was common for his lovers to have bruising because of his size.

  4. #24

    Re: No charges….No Interview!!

    [quote=Northern_Blitz]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by "Northern_Blitz":2jzy86br
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I think that's reasonable. Did she go into the bathroom to have some sort of sexual contact? That is probable. ... The problem? The jury must assume she went in the bathroom to have sexual contact of some sort. She would have a hard time explaining that away. Then she would have to say he took it further than she wished...which is certainly possible. But, proving that is nearly impossible without physical evidence.
    To me, this sounds alot like a description of the Tyson case. She went up to his hotel room, clearly with the intent of having sex. Tyson was found guilty, in part because she had brusing on her private parts and that was seen as evidence of rape.

    Apparently, the girl in this case went into the bathroom with Ben, clearly intending to have some kind of sexual contact. Later that night, she apparently had some sort of head injury.
    I see your point. I would love to know all the details of the Tyson case...because it's hard for me to believe they convicted on a story and some bruises. But, if the ER doc said the bruises appeared to be hand prints...or bruising consistant with a struggle...then yeah I can see how that would be enough. But, a bump to the head is much different. If there is only a bump to the head that could have happened any number of ways. That alone is far from enough. But, bruising on certain parts of body...hands, legs, around the neck is much harder to explain. That's why I maintain that the docs physical is crucial. And if they would have found markings consistant with a struggle...Ben would already be arrested.
    IIRC, the brusing the the Tyson case was on her genitals. Her lawyers argued that it was a sign of violent sex. Tyson's lawyers argued that it was common for his lovers to have bruising because of his size.[/quote:2jzy86br]

    It certainly means there was some rough sex going on. At the time I didn't believe it. But, after seeing that documentary...and hearing him say he desired to own women sexually...I now believe it.
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

  5. #25
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,755

    Re: No charges….No Interview!!

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    After the Duke case a DA would be stupid to rush the case.

    It doesn't matter though.. the damage is done and even if the case doesn't go any further people will think Ben paid her off.

    I hope this wakes Ben up and he realizes having spontaneous sexual encounters with strangers in public OR in private can land him in a heap of trouble.
    the fact that he has to learn that is mind blowing. look at kobe, tyson, tiger or any other huge athlete that has had cases like this. ben isnt all that young any more and he should of known better ever since he was drafted. i really dont think ben is all that bright and this whole thing is an embarrassment to the steelers

  6. #26
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,839

    Re: No charges….No Interview!!

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    After the Duke case a DA would be stupid to rush the case.

    It doesn't matter though.. the damage is done and even if the case doesn't go any further people will think Ben paid her off.

    I hope this wakes Ben up and he realizes having spontaneous sexual encounters with strangers in public OR in private can land him in a heap of trouble.
    You're talking about a guy who won't get rid of a football even though he knows a 300+lb man is going to drive him into the ground. Ben's problem is one of ego and hubris. To get in this situation less than year of being accused in Nevada does not bode well for Ben learning his lessons or displaying even a little common sense.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

    2014 Draft

    1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •