Thread: Steelers re-sign former ROY Patrick Bailey

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers re-sign former ROY Patrick Bailey

not exactly earth-shattering news, but Bailey was our Rookie of the Year two seasons ago. i think he'll have a difficult time making the roster this year though, but competition is always a good thing.

Steelers | Bailey re-signed

Tue, 16 Mar 2010

Adam Caplan, of Scout.com, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers have re-signed exclusive rights free-agent LB Patrick Bailey. Terms of the contract were not disclosed.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers re-sign former ROY Patrick Bailey

I'm glad to see him back, especially since he went to high school here in San Antonio (Alamo Heights)!

How do you go from ROY to basically can't make the team

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We have a lack of depth at OL. Notice a lot of our backup signings are special teams demons. I doubt that is an accident. I think he will make the team.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel
    We have a lack of depth at OL. Notice a lot of our backup signings are special teams demons. I doubt that is an accident. I think he will make the team.

Patrick Bailey was a bit of a disappointment on special teams this past season. If he's going to make the team this season he better revert back to the way he covered kicks his rookie year. If he does so, he makes the team. If he doesn't, one of those other special teams demons we've been bringing in will take Bailey's roster spot.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel

Patrick Bailey was a bit of a disappointment on special teams this past season. If he's going to make the team this season he better revert back to the way he covered kicks his rookie year. If he does so, he makes the team. If he doesn't, one of those other special teams demons we've been bringing in will take Bailey's roster spot.
    Yeah, you noticed him out there as a rookie (he punctuated the season with a huge hit on the free kick following the safety in the 4th quarter in the Super Bowl). However, last season, he seemed to be invisible. He's not good enough to be a regular OLB if something happens to Harrison or Woodley, so I think his time on the roster may be short if we are able to draft a legit backup OLB or two that can also play some special teams (i.e. not another Bruce Davis).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Bailey making the team just shows the lack of depth we have at LB. We use to have James Harrison as a ST stud and now we have Patrick Bailey. Enough said.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"