Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Predicted odds on who the Steelers take at #18

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Predicted odds on who the Steelers take at #18

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    let's hypothetically say that the Steelers know that they would NOT draft a QB in the first round under any circumstance...would they still bother having Bradford and Clausen on their draft board?
    The answer to that is a resounding YES. That way if your franchise QB rides a bike without a helmut the day before you draft you are prepared.

all the Steelers would need to do in that case is to draft Tim Tebow, he looks really good in the Black & Gold...

looks like mike tomczak on steroids

Administrator

User Info Menu

The more I think about it, the more I don't think the Steelers draft philosophy should or would change:

In not particular order:

1) Iupati or another tackle. Tackle is definitely an issue. No way do I see the Steelers drafting another guard. How many do we need on the roster?!

2) Weatherspoon / McClain - Just two strong candidates. It's just hard to imagine for the Steelers to draft a LB when they signed Foote and also have Fox. How could they fit a first rounder when they have Farrior, Timmons, Fox, and Foote already on the roster? But how can on either of these guys if they're BPA?

3) Earl Thomas - Just too dynamic of a playmaker and can play multiple positions. Could be an immediate starter at CB and transition to FS later..many possibilities. He should be the player selected if available.

4) Odrick - I don't know much about him but I'm all about having good depth especially on the defensive line considering given the age of Keisel and Smith and the injuries problems Smith has had as of late. Sunny Harris and Hood were good additions last year but I would have no problem adding another one this year.

5) Dan Williams - See #4. Hoke is old and Casey is only signed for three years. Draft Williams as your future NT. You have your replacement who can backup pro bowler Hampton. Williams could even rotate in on the d-line.

6) Haden - CB is the weakest link on this defense. I have confidence in the two young guys from last year but in this pass happy league, you need to be deep in the secondary.

I honestly see at least 3 of these players being available at #18. We always hear "no way will they be available when we pick", but they always are. Teams ahead of us have OT needs, DL (at least the 2 top DE's will be drafted), QB needs, RB needs, S (Eric Berry), etc.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Florida sucks.

...and that's about all I have to say about that.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    let's hypothetically say that the Steelers know that they would NOT draft a QB in the first round under any circumstance...would they still bother having Bradford and Clausen on their draft board?
    The answer to that is a resounding YES. That way if your franchise QB rides a bike without a helmut the day before you draft you are prepared.

all the Steelers would need to do in that case is to draft Tim Tebow, he looks really good in the Black & Gold...

He'd have to change his number if he wants to be our new H-back.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    The more I think about it, the more I don't think the Steelers draft philosophy should or would change:

In not particular order:

1) Iupati or another tackle. Tackle is definitely an issue. No way do I see the Steelers drafting another guard. How many do we need on the roster?!

2) Weatherspoon / McClain - Just two strong candidates. It's just hard to imagine for the Steelers to draft a LB when they signed Foote and also have Fox. How could they fit a first rounder when they have Farrior, Timmons, Fox, and Foote already on the roster? But how can on either of these guys if they're BPA?

3) Earl Thomas - Just too dynamic of a playmaker and can play multiple positions. Could be an immediate starter at CB and transition to FS later..many possibilities. He should be the player selected if available.

4) Odrick - I don't know much about him but I'm all about having good depth especially on the defensive line considering given the age of Keisel and Smith and the injuries problems Smith has had as of late. Sunny Harris and Hood were good additions last year but I would have no problem adding another one this year.

5) Dan Williams - See #4. Hoke is old and Casey is only signed for three years. Draft Williams as your future NT. You have your replacement who can backup pro bowler Hampton. Williams could even rotate in on the d-line.

6) Haden - CB is the weakest link on this defense. I have confidence in the two young guys from last year but in this pass happy league, you need to be deep in the secondary.

I honestly see at least 3 of these players being available at #18. We always hear "no way will they be available when we pick", but they always are. Teams ahead of us have OT needs, DL (at least the 2 top DE's will be drafted), QB needs, RB needs, S (Eric Berry), etc.
    Hey, your top three draft picks are the same as mine...until we signed Larry Foote. Now I would take a DL instead of Spikes.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Florida sucks.

No, they don't suck but they can be a misleading team because they have soooo much talent. The overwhelm teams to the point that you don't get a true read on what their players do because they typically force the other team to play most the games from a huge disadvanatge and therefore they make them do things they would not normally do.

Watch the really close games that Florida plays or the ones that they lose and you get a more balanced read on their players.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Florida sucks.

No, they don't suck but they can be a misleading team because they have soooo much talent. The overwhelm teams to the point that you don't get a true read on what their players do because they typically force the other team to play most the games from a huge disadvanatge and therefore they make them do things they would not normally do.

Watch the really close games that Florida plays or the ones that they lose and you get a more balanced read on their players.
    Don't take my comment seriously. It was more of a stab at 'em because I'm at their SEC rival Kentucky. That, and I like to screw with flasteel.

I actually don't watch college football at all.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>