Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: Predicted odds on who the Steelers take at #18

  1. #41
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,736

    Re: Predicted odds on who the Steelers take at #18

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    let's hypothetically say that the Steelers know that they would NOT draft a QB in the first round under any circumstance...would they still bother having Bradford and Clausen on their draft board?
    The answer to that is a resounding YES. That way if your franchise QB rides a bike without a helmut the day before you draft you are prepared.


    all the Steelers would need to do in that case is to draft Tim Tebow, he looks really good in the Black & Gold...

    looks like mike tomczak on steroids

  2. #42
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,671

    Re: Predicted odds on who the Steelers take at #18

    The more I think about it, the more I don't think the Steelers draft philosophy should or would change:

    In not particular order:

    1) Iupati or another tackle. Tackle is definitely an issue. No way do I see the Steelers drafting another guard. How many do we need on the roster?!

    2) Weatherspoon / McClain - Just two strong candidates. It's just hard to imagine for the Steelers to draft a LB when they signed Foote and also have Fox. How could they fit a first rounder when they have Farrior, Timmons, Fox, and Foote already on the roster? But how can on either of these guys if they're BPA?

    3) Earl Thomas - Just too dynamic of a playmaker and can play multiple positions. Could be an immediate starter at CB and transition to FS later..many possibilities. He should be the player selected if available.

    4) Odrick - I don't know much about him but I'm all about having good depth especially on the defensive line considering given the age of Keisel and Smith and the injuries problems Smith has had as of late. Sunny Harris and Hood were good additions last year but I would have no problem adding another one this year.

    5) Dan Williams - See #4. Hoke is old and Casey is only signed for three years. Draft Williams as your future NT. You have your replacement who can backup pro bowler Hampton. Williams could even rotate in on the d-line.

    6) Haden - CB is the weakest link on this defense. I have confidence in the two young guys from last year but in this pass happy league, you need to be deep in the secondary.

    I honestly see at least 3 of these players being available at #18. We always hear "no way will they be available when we pick", but they always are. Teams ahead of us have OT needs, DL (at least the 2 top DE's will be drafted), QB needs, RB needs, S (Eric Berry), etc.

  3. #43
    Pro Bowler eniparadoxgma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kensucky
    Posts
    2,173

    Re: Predicted odds on who the Steelers take at #18

    Florida sucks.

    ...and that's about all I have to say about that.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

  4. #44
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    25,890

    Re: Predicted odds on who the Steelers take at #18

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    let's hypothetically say that the Steelers know that they would NOT draft a QB in the first round under any circumstance...would they still bother having Bradford and Clausen on their draft board?
    The answer to that is a resounding YES. That way if your franchise QB rides a bike without a helmut the day before you draft you are prepared.


    all the Steelers would need to do in that case is to draft Tim Tebow, he looks really good in the Black & Gold...

    He'd have to change his number if he wants to be our new H-back.


    The Rams' offense featuring weapons such as Marshall Faulk, Torrey Holt, and Isaac Bruce were known as "The Greatest Show on Turf"

    The Steelers' offense featuring weapons such as Le'Veon Bell and Martavis Bryant should be known as "The Greatest Show on Grass"

    This has nothing at all to do with respective playing surfaces at the Edward Jones Dome vs. Heinz Field.

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  5. #45
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hey Roger...
    Posts
    3,882

    Re: Predicted odds on who the Steelers take at #18

    Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    The more I think about it, the more I don't think the Steelers draft philosophy should or would change:

    In not particular order:

    1) Iupati or another tackle. Tackle is definitely an issue. No way do I see the Steelers drafting another guard. How many do we need on the roster?!

    2) Weatherspoon / McClain - Just two strong candidates. It's just hard to imagine for the Steelers to draft a LB when they signed Foote and also have Fox. How could they fit a first rounder when they have Farrior, Timmons, Fox, and Foote already on the roster? But how can on either of these guys if they're BPA?

    3) Earl Thomas - Just too dynamic of a playmaker and can play multiple positions. Could be an immediate starter at CB and transition to FS later..many possibilities. He should be the player selected if available.

    4) Odrick - I don't know much about him but I'm all about having good depth especially on the defensive line considering given the age of Keisel and Smith and the injuries problems Smith has had as of late. Sunny Harris and Hood were good additions last year but I would have no problem adding another one this year.

    5) Dan Williams - See #4. Hoke is old and Casey is only signed for three years. Draft Williams as your future NT. You have your replacement who can backup pro bowler Hampton. Williams could even rotate in on the d-line.

    6) Haden - CB is the weakest link on this defense. I have confidence in the two young guys from last year but in this pass happy league, you need to be deep in the secondary.

    I honestly see at least 3 of these players being available at #18. We always hear "no way will they be available when we pick", but they always are. Teams ahead of us have OT needs, DL (at least the 2 top DE's will be drafted), QB needs, RB needs, S (Eric Berry), etc.
    Hey, your top three draft picks are the same as mine...until we signed Larry Foote. Now I would take a DL instead of Spikes.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

  6. #46
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,852

    Re: Predicted odds on who the Steelers take at #18

    Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Florida sucks.

    ...and that's about all I have to say about that.
    No, they don't suck but they can be a misleading team because they have soooo much talent. The overwhelm teams to the point that you don't get a true read on what their players do because they typically force the other team to play most the games from a huge disadvanatge and therefore they make them do things they would not normally do.

    Watch the really close games that Florida plays or the ones that they lose and you get a more balanced read on their players.

  7. #47
    Pro Bowler eniparadoxgma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kensucky
    Posts
    2,173

    Re: Predicted odds on who the Steelers take at #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Florida sucks.

    ...and that's about all I have to say about that.
    No, they don't suck but they can be a misleading team because they have soooo much talent. The overwhelm teams to the point that you don't get a true read on what their players do because they typically force the other team to play most the games from a huge disadvanatge and therefore they make them do things they would not normally do.

    Watch the really close games that Florida plays or the ones that they lose and you get a more balanced read on their players.
    Don't take my comment seriously. It was more of a stab at 'em because I'm at their SEC rival Kentucky. That, and I like to screw with flasteel.

    I actually don't watch college football at all.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •