Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Predicted odds on who the Steelers take at #18

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Predicted odds on who the Steelers take at #18

Without trying to kick-start the value of Iupati debate, think about this...

All season long, he has graded out well. His whole career has graded well. Leading up to the Senior Bowl, he was projected as the #1 OG & possibly the #4 OT available. He killed it in practice. Then, after a poor Senior Bowl game, he's over rated?

It sounds strangely familiar to what happened to this other guy Chadman remembers...a guy that had an outstanding college career, was rated as a sure-fire 1st round pick leading up to the Senior Bowl, but had a below-par game at the Senior Bowl & subsequently dropped in the rankings into the 2nd round....and was later picked by the Pittsburgh Steelers...and became their starting LOLB the next year...you know him right? LaMarr Woodley? Remember him?

Don't judge a player based on one game. Iupati was rated that high for a reason leading up to the Senior Bowl.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    #1 OL in the draft, silly. Not the #1 OL on the team!

Unreal.....

A position of need? Half this stuff that comes out of the coaches mouths this time of year is just bunk...its that way for a reason...

Oh, and by the way? Wexell is guessing right along with the rest of us....

yes, silly...i'm very well aware that since Iupati is not on our team (yet) that he cannot be the Steelers No. 1 OL. i was merely quoting Wexell's words, I was just making the point that our current OL coach Sean Kugler also thinks very highly of Iupati as he has him rated as the #1 OL in the entire draft.

Essex is in the last year of his contract, Urbik wasn't even good enough to dress on game days last year, Legursky is more a center than a guard, and Foster...i gotta give him credit for filling in admirably last season.

OG is definitely a position of need, if you don't think so then we will just have to agree to disagree. as for me being nuts, have you been talking with my mother-in-law?
    Kugler is the one who is nuts if he truly believes that Iupati is a better OL prospect than, say, Russell Okung. Sure, there is a much greater gap between Iupati and the #2 guard than there is between Okung and the #2 tackle, but Okung is a superior overall OL prospect (Koogs may have just said that because he knows that his team has no reasonable shot to get a guy like Okung, but chances are that Iupati could be available when we pick).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

Unreal.....

A position of need? Half this stuff that comes out of the coaches mouths this time of year is just bunk...its that way for a reason...

yes, silly...i'm very well aware that since Iupati is not on our team (yet) that he cannot be the Steelers No. 1 OL. i was merely quoting Wexell's words, I was just making the point that our current OL coach Sean Kugler also thinks very highly of Iupati as he has him rated as the #1 OL in the entire draft.

Essex is in the last year of his contract, Urbik wasn't even good enough to dress on game days last year, Legursky is more a center than a guard, and Foster...i gotta give him credit for filling in admirably last season.

OG is definitely a position of need, if you don't think so then we will just have to agree to disagree. as for me being nuts, have you been talking with my mother-in-law?
    Kugler is the one who is nuts if he truly believes that Iupati is a better OL prospect than, say, Russell Okung. Sure, there is a much greater gap between Iupati and the #2 guard than there is between Okung and the #2 tackle, but Okung is a superior overall OL prospect (Koogs may have just said that because he knows that his team has no reasonable shot to get a guy like Okung, but chances are that Iupati could be available when we pick).
    Before we degenerate into a screaming hissy-fit over who said what- pretty sure Coach Kugler said Iupati was the OL that the Steelers had #1 on THEIR DRAFT BOARD- ie, the guy they rated #1 in OL that should be available to them on draft day- not that he is the best OL in the draft.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Unreal.....

or maybe Koogs said Iupati is the #1 OL on the Steelers board because the Steelers are not considering taking an OT in the first round, but may consider an OG?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman

Unreal.....

Before we degenerate into a screaming hissy-fit over who said what- pretty sure Coach Kugler said Iupati was the OL that the Steelers had #1 on THEIR DRAFT BOARD- ie, the guy they rated #1 in OL that should be available to them on draft day- not that he is the best OL in the draft.
    You still rank everyone on your draft board, Chad (except for guys that you absolutely would not draft due to character concerns, medical concerns, or whatever). You never know who might fall. No one expected Mendenhall to be available at #23, but he was on our draft board.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman

Unreal.....

You still rank everyone on your draft board, Chad (except for guys that you absolutely would not draft due to character concerns, medical concerns, or whatever). You never know who might fall. No one expected Mendenhall to be available at #23, but he was on our draft board.

let's hypothetically say that the Steelers know that they would NOT draft a QB in the first round under any circumstance...would they still bother having Bradford and Clausen on their draft board?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

let's hypothetically say that the Steelers know that they would NOT draft a QB in the first round under any circumstance...would they still bother having Bradford and Clausen on their draft board?
    The answer to that is a resounding YES. That way if your franchise QB rides a bike without a helmut the day before you draft you are prepared.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    The answer to that is a resounding YES. That way if your franchise QB rides a bike without a helmut the day before you draft you are prepared.

all the Steelers would need to do in that case is to draft Tim Tebow, he looks really good in the Black & Gold...

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

all the Steelers would need to do in that case is to draft Tim Tebow, he looks really good in the Black & Gold...

TEBOW!!! TEBOW!! TEBOW!! He would make a great Steeler.........

backup QB......great job on the PhotoShop work!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel

TEBOW!!! TEBOW!! TEBOW!! He would make a great Steeler.........

backup QB......great job on the PhotoShop work!
    Yes .. Tebow @ #18!! That would shock a few people.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!