Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Predicted odds on who the Steelers take at #18

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Predicted odds on who the Steelers take at #18

I think if everyone he has is on the board it will come down to Haden and Thomas...and the edge goes to Thomas. But, I think it's possible both are off the board by the time the Steelers pick. That leaves Weatherspoon, Iupati, Odrick. The more I think about the pick the more I believe it could be the guy from that group I don't want who is Iupati. To appease Rooney they could very well take a freagin OG with #18. Which IMO would be pathetic.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Just because Rooney says that doesn't mean you take a RB or a OL at #18. You could very well just change some of your offensive philosophy and draft a real FB in this years draft... Change some formations, etc.

There are many ways that you can run the ball more. Not just by drafting another OL, etc.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

kiper has pouncey going at 24 now.

if thats true.

is drating him 6 spots higher really that much a reach?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    "Iupati is way better than Essex, Foster, Legursky or Urbik..."

Your nuts. That's such a poor statement-- prove it.

ok, let's look at the first two sentences of Wexell's write-up on Iupati again...

4-1 – Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho: At the combine, new OL coach Sean Kugler told Iupati he was the Steelers’ No. 1 offensive lineman. And Iupati fits a position of need.

new OL coach Sean Kugler must also be nuts then for rating Iupati as the Steelers' No. 1 offensive lineman...and Wexell is nuts for ranking Iupati as the second most likely player to be selected by the Steelers.

and why does Iupati fit a position of need? maybe because our current OG candidates aren't that good?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

#1 OL in the draft, silly. Not the #1 OL on the team!

Unreal.....

A position of need? Half this stuff that comes out of the coaches mouths this time of year is just bunk...its that way for a reason...

Oh, and by the way? Wexell is guessing right along with the rest of us....
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    kiper has pouncey going at 24 now.

if thats true.

is drating him 6 spots higher really that much a reach?
    Huge reach because talent wise he is a mid Round 2 pick. You guys have to have watched him to appreciate how he is not a Steelers type Center. Florida ran everything to the edges and outside and he did not have to be the power drive blocker that he will have to be in the AFC North against the huge NTs there are in our Division. He is great at pulling because that is what he did at Florida but that won't be what he has to do in NFL.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

#1 OL in the draft, silly. Not the #1 OL on the team!

Unreal.....

A position of need? Half this stuff that comes out of the coaches mouths this time of year is just bunk...its that way for a reason...

Oh, and by the way? Wexell is guessing right along with the rest of us....

yes, silly...i'm very well aware that since Iupati is not on our team (yet) that he cannot be the Steelers No. 1 OL. i was merely quoting Wexell's words, I was just making the point that our current OL coach Sean Kugler also thinks very highly of Iupati as he has him rated as the #1 OL in the entire draft.

Essex is in the last year of his contract, Urbik wasn't even good enough to dress on game days last year, Legursky is more a center than a guard, and Foster...i gotta give him credit for filling in admirably last season.

OG is definitely a position of need, if you don't think so then we will just have to agree to disagree. as for me being nuts, have you been talking with my mother-in-law?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

LOL- Yea. Just yesterday she was talking about you. My Mother-in-law would say the same. Funny how they are all that way.
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

Legend

User Info Menu

LOL- Yea. Just yesterday she was talking about you. My Mother-in-law would say the same. Funny how they are all that way.

they are obviously both nuts!

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

My MIL loves me...what you foos talking about.
    Trolls are people too.