Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roethisberger will start, finish season

Re: Roethisberger will start, finish season

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    if any other steeler was in bens position they would be off the team. im not so sure what they will decide to do with ben, but i would guess he plays out his contract and then they will make a decision. ben is an elite qb and living through the 80's and 90's i dont think it would be wise to get rid of an elite qb. at the same time if the steelers parted ways with ben i wouldnt be too upset at all, i would actually respect the decision a lot. a lot of the reason i am a steeler fan is because they dont tolerate poor morality
    Nah... other stars on our team have the extra rope as well. We make examples with guys we don't need or were already on the chopping block.

The Steelers are good at acting swiftly to punish a player before the NFL steps in... Bam Morris was the last good Steeler I remember being let go for off field problems...

Plax wasn't a "criminal" when we let him go in FA... he was expensive and didn't want to be here. If Plax did want to be here he would have been resigned and shot himself in the leg while getting cheese fries at the O.

Ben isn't going anywhere... unless if he does 3 to 5 or we find out he is indeed a very bad man in the company of women..
    james harrison is the only player i can think of who has the extra rope with crap like this. imo this is much worse than harrison though. it is true that what ever ben does is much bigger headlines than james harrison, but i think of harrison different than any other player. jimmy hate isnt all there and is definetly the last person i would ever want to meet in a dark alley. ben on the other hand i thought was one of the smarter players on the team. i guess i was way off on that one.

plax was different. the guy didnt care about winning much when he was in the burgh. he had a poor work ethic and was a jerk. he was a huge under achiver when he was a steeler. i dont think ben is going any where mostly because qb's are so hard to find these days especially elite qb's. ben is probably the best qb in steeler history and it was 20 something years the steelers went without a great qb
    James didn't get any extra rope. It was the first time he did anything like that. Ced had done his thing while on other teams and also a few times while he was a Steeler.

And Ben isn't going anywhere. So suck it up.

Legend

I think it's offensive to imply Jimmy Hate "isn't all there" What has he done to make on think he is a little off? Is it his eyes? His size, color or physical play as a LB? He isn't a monster...

I think it's offensive to imply Jimmy Hate "isn't all there" What has he done to make on think he is a little off? Is it his eyes? His size, color or physical play as a LB? He isn't a monster...
    Left tackles in the NFL disagree with you... :P

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Left tackles in the NFL disagree with you... :P

Pappy

On the field he is a monster. LOL

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    if any other steeler was in bens position they would be off the team. im not so sure what they will decide to do with ben, but i would guess he plays out his contract and then they will make a decision. ben is an elite qb and living through the 80's and 90's i dont think it would be wise to get rid of an elite qb. at the same time if the steelers parted ways with ben i wouldnt be too upset at all, i would actually respect the decision a lot. a lot of the reason i am a steeler fan is because they dont tolerate poor morality
    Nah... other stars on our team have the extra rope as well. We make examples with guys we don't need or were already on the chopping block.

The Steelers are good at acting swiftly to punish a player before the NFL steps in... Bam Morris was the last good Steeler I remember being let go for off field problems...

Plax wasn't a "criminal" when we let him go in FA... he was expensive and didn't want to be here. If Plax did want to be here he would have been resigned and shot himself in the leg while getting cheese fries at the O.

Ben isn't going anywhere... unless if he does 3 to 5 or we find out he is indeed a very bad man in the company of women..
    james harrison is the only player i can think of who has the extra rope with crap like this. imo this is much worse than harrison though. it is true that what ever ben does is much bigger headlines than james harrison, but i think of harrison different than any other player. jimmy hate isnt all there and is definetly the last person i would ever want to meet in a dark alley. ben on the other hand i thought was one of the smarter players on the team. i guess i was way off on that one.

plax was different. the guy didnt care about winning much when he was in the burgh. he had a poor work ethic and was a jerk. he was a huge under achiver when he was a steeler. i dont think ben is going any where mostly because qb's are so hard to find these days especially elite qb's. ben is probably the best qb in steeler history and it was 20 something years the steelers went without a great qb
    James didn't get any extra rope. It was the first time he did anything like that. Ced had done his thing while on other teams and also a few times while he was a Steeler.

And Ben isn't going anywhere. So suck it up.
    ced was a repeat offender? well i didnt know that, i saw his incident and harrison's as pretty similar but ced was released and harrison wasn't. i assumed it was purely based on the caliber of player harrison is.

if ben is found guilty he most certainly will be going some where else. i would bet anything on that. no way the rooneys would keep a convicted felon. i would be shocked if ben was found guilty though.

Smizik needs to realize Paul Tagliabu is no longer the NFL commissioner.

Goodell is trigger happy and I would be very surprised if he didn't suspend Ben for conduct unbecoming a football player... or whatever the definition is that he uses to suspend players even when they aren't found guilty or charged.
    And if Goodell pulls any kind of trigger on Ben he would inaffect being doing so on an innocent man. Think about that presedent. Nice. Who does he think he is J.Edgar Hoover??
    Steelers 2014 Draft

1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma