Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A question for the Draft Heads

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Re: A question for the Draft Heads

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    So, let me get this straight- some of you think that Iupati- a rookie is better than Essex a veteran- at RG?

Essex has found his niche at RG. young and on the move. Kemo is a beast at LG ans has become very good at pulling to the right. It's one of thier favorite running plays to the right.

Let's focus on some real need- the secondary in round 1.
    To answer your first question- yes, Chadman does believe Iupati is better than Trai Essex. Right now. That's not saying Iupati is perfect, but Essex hardly found the 'niche' you refer to- after all, the Steelers couldn't find it in their hearts to trust the OL to come up with enough push on 3rd & short to allow Mendenhall an attempt to convert- that's how much they thought of the OL blocking last season. To simply say that rookie's won't start is naive- just an example of OL rookies- Kendall Simmmons, Alan Faneca, Willie Colon, Trai Essex, Max Starks, Darnell Stapleton, Ramon Foster- all these guys contributed, or started, in their rookie seasons.

And now we have Coach Kugler- who started not one, but 2 rookie OG's at Buffalo last year.

So yeah, here's betting Iupati is rated higher than Essex.
    Chadman, I disagree with you on the Rd. 1 pick, but I just noticed we agree on Round 2 and 3! What do you see in Sean Lee that makes you think he will be a good Steeler ILB? I know what I see, but I haven't heard too many others picking Lee, so I'm just curious on your thoughts.
    Chadman had Sean Lee as the replacement for Farrior- a smart, on field leader type. But with Foote being re-signed, this is going to change. Highly doubt we see 5 ILB's on the playing roster- Steelers might add OLB there instead...
    That's what I was thinking too. I was just mentioning to our Asian brother that I may switch Spikes to Jerry Hughes in my mock now that Foote gives us 4 ILB's. If Harrison or Woodley go down, our only choice is to move Timmons outside, since I don't see Frazier or Bailey starting any time soon. I may even keep the Adrian Tracy pick later and go with 2 OLB instead of 1 ILB and 1 OLB (you could do the same with Schofield).

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    So, let me get this straight- some of you think that Iupati- a rookie is better than Essex a veteran- at RG?

Essex has found his niche at RG. young and on the move. Kemo is a beast at LG ans has become very good at pulling to the right. It's one of thier favorite running plays to the right.

Let's focus on some real need- the secondary in round 1.
    To answer your first question- yes, Chadman does believe Iupati is better than Trai Essex. Right now. That's not saying Iupati is perfect, but Essex hardly found the 'niche' you refer to- after all, the Steelers couldn't find it in their hearts to trust the OL to come up with enough push on 3rd & short to allow Mendenhall an attempt to convert- that's how much they thought of the OL blocking last season. To simply say that rookie's won't start is naive- just an example of OL rookies- Kendall Simmmons, Alan Faneca, Willie Colon, Trai Essex, Max Starks, Darnell Stapleton, Ramon Foster- all these guys contributed, or started, in their rookie seasons.

And now we have Coach Kugler- who started not one, but 2 rookie OG's at Buffalo last year.

Chadman, I disagree with you on the Rd. 1 pick, but I just noticed we agree on Round 2 and 3! What do you see in Sean Lee that makes you think he will be a good Steeler ILB? I know what I see, but I haven't heard too many others picking Lee, so I'm just curious on your thoughts.
    Chadman had Sean Lee as the replacement for Farrior- a smart, on field leader type. But with Foote being re-signed, this is going to change. Highly doubt we see 5 ILB's on the playing roster- Steelers might add OLB there instead...
    That's what I was thinking too. I was just mentioning to our Asian brother that I may switch Spikes to Jerry Hughes in my mock now that Foote gives us 4 ILB's. If Harrison or Woodley go down, our only choice is to move Timmons outside, since I don't see Frazier or Bailey starting any time soon. I may even keep the Adrian Tracy pick later and go with 2 OLB instead of 1 ILB and 1 OLB (you could do the same with Schofield).

Watching clips of him, Chadman would be VERY curious if the Steelers brought in Navorro Bowman...
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

Watching clips of him, Chadman would be VERY curious if the Steelers brought in Navorro Bowman...
    No thanks. His off-the-field issues virtually eliminates him from consideration after all that this team has gone through lately. Besides, he's more of a 4-3 OLB than a 3-4 OLB anyway.

Despite being a homer, I totally agree. No to Bowman. However, I think he would make a great Bungal.