Thread: Are the Steelers ready for the West Coast O?

Legend

User Info Menu

Are the Steelers ready for the West Coast O?

Holmgren and the Browns have made it no secret their offense will be revamped to a West Coast style. Holmgren is cleaning house and bringing in vets he thinks can help make the switch.
    Question: do you think are D will be up to the task of defending this offense? With our weak secondary this may be the best opportunity in years for the Browns to do some damage. The strange thing is that if they go back to the last game against us, they would see it was a power run game that beat us. Maybe they realize that was a fluke game and our offense is capable of putting up more than 6 pts against most teams?

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Are the Steelers ready for the West Coast O?

In case you haven't noticed, the Browns' QB's are Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace. Their WR's are Mohamed Massoquoi, Josh Cribbs, Brian Robiskie, Chansi Stuckey, and Syndric Steptoe. I think we can handle the Cleveland version of the West Coast offense (yes, even with Gay playing).

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    In case you haven't noticed, the Browns' QB's are Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace. Their WR's are Mohamed Massoquoi, Josh Cribbs, Brian Robiskie, Chansi Stuckey, and Syndric Steptoe. I think we can handle the Cleveland version of the West Coast offense (yes, even with Gay playing).

I dont know, the trio of Massoquoi, Stuckey, and Steptoe strikes fear in my heart.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel
    I dont know, the trio of Massoquoi, Stuckey, and Steptoe strikes fear in my heart.

That's just because they all sound like painful and embarrasing medical conditions.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The West Coast Offense? BFD.
    Obviously the standard is the standard.

Legend

User Info Menu

With Delhomme throwing the rock, Gay, Ike, Burnett, and Clark could all have interceptions in the same game.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast
    Holmgren and the Browns have made it no secret their offense will be revamped to a West Coast style. Holmgren is cleaning house and bringing in vets he thinks can help make the switch.
    Question: do you think are D will be up to the task of defending this offense? With our weak secondary this may be the best opportunity in years for the Browns to do some damage. The strange thing is that if they go back to the last game against us, they would see it was a power run game that beat us. Maybe they realize that was a fluke game and our offense is capable of putting up more than 6 pts against most teams?
    That is why a LB like Timmons is so important versus a plodder like Foote. Timmons can be a nightmare against a West Coast offense team with his ability to cover TEs and RBs and blitz.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

LeBeau's defenses play perfectly against that west coast crap. The dink and dunk stuff. Maybe the Browns front office should have seen that before they brought in dough boy.

Holmgren is over rated- i.e. see SB 40 for details.

6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast
    That is why a LB like Timmons is so important versus a plodder like Foote. Timmons can be a nightmare against a West Coast offense team with his ability to cover TEs and RBs and blitz.
    Timmons is certainly important vs. a WCO team like the Browns. But Foote could easily be more effective against Cedrick Benson and the bengals running game. Both do different things well, and it is nice to have both on the team.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I thought lebeau designed the 3-4 zone blitz to specifically counter the west-coast offense. we'll be just fine.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!