Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Positive Story About Ben?

Legend

Re: Positive Story About Ben?

Quote Originally Posted by TallyStiller
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I think Ben is like most of us...capable of great good and capable of great douchebaggery. Right now he is being defined by the later...not that this event makes Ben. I believe he will learn from this and grow. With that said, it might not be as a Steeler. Shoot, it might not even be as a free man.
    Well put. Michael Vick is a changed man now.

I spent time teaching in an inmate GED program in a state prison, and met a surprising number of thoughtful, decent people who had some personality flaw or weakness that had, even if briefly, consumed them to the point of ruining their lives. Some were bitter, others recognized the error of their ways... many of the latter developed a deep faith in God that was very instructive to me.

Ben has a lot of growing up to do... but now his reckless behavior has become a problem to the point where other peoples' lives are being ruined by it, and THAT isa problem. This has, to me, grown beyond being a football issue. Truthfully, I just pray for both parties involved, that they can move on from this.

While we're at it, I'd include Ben's first accuser, because unfortunately, it is quite possible that something like what just happened to Ben's second accuser happened to her... often such incidents can CAUSE young women to become mentally unbalanced.
    Yeah...get a rope and string him up...there's no doubt he's guilty on all counts.

Get off your high effing horse already. People like you who judge from afar make me wanna effing puke.

You're ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by TallyStiller
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I think Ben is like most of us...capable of great good and capable of great douchebaggery. Right now he is being defined by the later...not that this event makes Ben. I believe he will learn from this and grow. With that said, it might not be as a Steeler. Shoot, it might not even be as a free man.
    Well put. Michael Vick is a changed man now.

I spent time teaching in an inmate GED program in a state prison, and met a surprising number of thoughtful, decent people who had some personality flaw or weakness that had, even if briefly, consumed them to the point of ruining their lives. Some were bitter, others recognized the error of their ways... many of the latter developed a deep faith in God that was very instructive to me.

Ben has a lot of growing up to do... but now his reckless behavior has become a problem to the point where other peoples' lives are being ruined by it, and THAT isa problem. This has, to me, grown beyond being a football issue. Truthfully, I just pray for both parties involved, that they can move on from this.

While we're at it, I'd include Ben's first accuser, because unfortunately, it is quite possible that something like what just happened to Ben's second accuser happened to her... often such incidents can CAUSE young women to become mentally unbalanced.
    Yeah...get a rope and string him up...there's no doubt he's guilty on all counts.

Get off your high effing horse already. People like you who judge from afar make me wanna effing puke.

You're ridiculous.
    I'm not sure which paragraph you disagreed with. Knowing more details and staying away from morality topics...it was definitely ignorant at the very least. I will believe he is guilty of a crime when I see some real evidence.

Ok I just read the Arnold Palmer golf story which I don't agree with and it reminded me of a Ben story I heard.

http://www.nowpublic.com/sports/arnold- ... 91390.html

I know for a fact that Ben signed a autograph for my boss's sister that works at old stone wall golf course. And after the lady thought about it her son in law's birthday was coming up so she wanted another. So she went a couple holes to catch up to ben and got him to do 4 all together! And as far as I could tell he was joking around with her and having fun. She was so excited! I over heard her telling my boss on the phone.

Just wanted to post something good for Ben!