Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 yard Splits...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: 10 yard Splits...

Really? I see Heyward as a complete 4-3 DE who can be very stout against the run and rush the passer with quickness and strength, play the 3-4 DE, or even slide in and play a 3 technique in a 4-3. I don't think Griffen has that sort of versatility. He is a weakside 4-3 DE who could maybe play 3-4 OLB.

Heyward and Adrian Clayborne are going to be top 5-15 picks next season. They are two of the most versatile DEs I've ever seen. I really hope the Bengals don't get one of those guys. Griffen doesn't frighten me. But, I could very well be wrong.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    Really? I see Heyward as a complete 4-3 DE who can be very stout against the run and rush the passer with quickness and strength, play the 3-4 DE, or even slide in and play a 3 technique in a 4-3. I don't think Griffen has that sort of versatility. He is a weakside 4-3 DE who could maybe play 3-4 OLB.

Heyward and Adrian Clayborne are going to be top 5-15 picks next season. They are two of the most versatile DEs I've ever seen. I really hope the Bengals don't get one of those guys. Griffen doesn't frighten me. But, I could very well be wrong.
    I agree Heyward is a lot more versatile, which makes him a lot more valuable than Griffen.

But I think Griffen is better against the run then people give him credit for. I saw him doubled several times and still the ball carrier had to go away from him. Playing 4-3 DE, I see similarities between the two. If Griffen moved inside (3-4 DE or 4-3 DT) he would struggle whereas Heyward could still excel...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Can someone post the contents of this article on here for me, please? My work firewall seems to be preventing me from seeing any of the numbers:

[url="http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Prospects-Tenyard-split-studs-and-duds.html"]http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Pro ... -duds.html[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Jom, I was unable to copy the contents/tables from this site.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.