Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Draft?

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: The Draft?

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    Best time of the year.
    I agree. The period leading up to the draft is the most fun on a message board. Do research. Look to the future. Learn about potential new Steelers. Etc.

I prefer this time over the regular season whn the board become populated with the "know it alls" who could coach better or play better based upon their high school JV resumes or just the "haters" who roll out their same rehashed criticisms and agendas everytime there is a stumble.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer
    Who else will be glad when the Draft is over so we can get rid of all these Mock Draft's?

Anyone???????????????
    That is an excellent mock draft and well thought out. Oh, wait, you didn't do one, well, if you had done one it would be an excellent mock draft. I'm mocking you hatred of mock drafts. :P

Pappy
    Thank you Pappy I didn't work hard on it

but had you worked hard on a mock draft i'll bet it would have been excellent, well-thought out and worthy of praise!
    And compliments!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

This is one of the most wonderful times of year. Hope and anticipation of what lies ahead and it's prolonged for an extended period of time - best of both worlds.

Once it's over, you know what you have. Anticipation is always way better than reality.

Without a draft, there is no Ben, Troy, Aaron, Hines, etc.

Who's gonna be next?

This is excitement in its purest form.

It's like we're awake all night and we all know the Christmas presents are under the tree downstairs, but mom and dad won't let us tear into the presents until the sun comes up.

Here's another mock for you - the Flippy mock:::

1. Eric Berry, S Tennessee - trade this year and next year's #1 and Limas Sweed to KC for the #5 pick and instantly fixes our D. Goes down as Colberts best move in team history.

2. Jared Odrick, DE Penn St - trade our 2, 3, 4, and 5 picks with Arizona to move into the end of round 1 and get the next Aaron Smith. The rotation of 4 top DEs gives us the consistent pass rush we've been lacking.

5. John Skelton , QB Fordham - Possibly Dennis Dixon's backup.

5. Deji Karim, RB Southern Illinois - The heir apparent to Willie Parker

6. Seyi Ajirotutu, WR Fresno State - Big athletic kid to be what we all hoped Limas Sweed would have been

7. Kevin Matthews, C Texas A&M - It's Bruce Matthew's son. Who knows? Maybe he's the next HOF Steeler center.

7. Crezdon Butler, CB Clemson - It's time to upgrade Willie Gay

Starter

User Info Menu

Eh, I think the most wonderful time of the year is the playoffs when we are in them.

Legend

User Info Menu

I hate mock drafts...and I especially despise the losers who post their "knowledgeable and insightful" mocks in their sigs. Grow up already.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I hate mock drafts...and I especially despise the losers who post their "knowledgeable and insightful" mocks in their sigs. Grow up already.

Shawn,

your mock draft is excellent, well-thought out and worthy of praise!

And compliments!
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    Eh, I think the most wonderful time of the year is the playoffs when we are in them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    But when we are not in the playoffs, even though I will watch those games because I love football, I am a bitter fan nonetheless, with thoughts shifting to the draft way too early.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Best time of the year.
    I agree. The period leading up to the draft is the most fun on a message board. Do research. Look to the future. Learn about potential new Steelers. Etc.

I prefer this time over the regular season whn the board become populated with the "know it alls" who could coach better or play better based upon their high school JV resumes or just the "haters" who roll out their same rehashed criticisms and agendas everytime there is a stumble.
    You prefer this to actual football? If you enjoyed learning about potential Steelers you'd realize Spiller shouldn't be one. :P

Your mock draft is excellent, well thought out and worthy of praise. :P

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Best time of the year.

You prefer this to actual football? If you enjoyed learning about potential Steelers you'd realize Spiller shouldn't be one. :P

Your mock draft is excellent, well thought out and worthy of praise. :P

Pappy
    I prefer actual football over the off season just like spring over winter. I recognize the regular season ends but football doesn't so this is just a new phase.

From a message board perspective I absolutely prefer this time of year through the end of trainingcamp over the regular season. That period is about optimism, speculation and hope for the future.

This board during the regular season becomes alot about know it alls but have never beens spouting their criticisms and "expertise" and telling us all what the professionals do wrong and how they would do better. The "haters" crawl out from under their rocks during the regular season everytime there is a stumble and rehash their same old condemnations over and over. This time of the year, many of the "haters" vanish and we actually get good discussion.

BTW Spiller should absolutely be a Steeler for the many reasons I have so eloquently articulated.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"