Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THE Ohio State Pro Day

Pro Bowler

THE Ohio State Pro Day

The Steelers were in attendance and spoke with a few players. I'm not sure if Gibson would fit in a 3-4 and Russell, while quick, can't catch.....he's a Safety version of Ike Taylor. Here's some notes on both players...........

* After running a disappointing 4.71 forty at the NFL Combine, Thaddeus Gibson came into the Pro Day wanting to significantly improve that number…and he did. His run was followed by “oohs” and “ahs” from the scouts and players alike. His time? A blistering 4.51. Of course, others had him around the 4.56 mark, but that is still a tremendous improvement running on the same type of surface that he ran on at the Combine. He said he heard "real good things" after the combine, and today didn't do anything but help him. Gibson mentioned that the Saints pulled him aside today and talked to him, as did the Steelers. He is set to graduate following spring quarter.

* Anderson Russell ran a 4.41 electronic time in his forty-yard dash. He only dropped one pass during his drills. He spoke to the Steelers, but hasn’t really talked to a team about where they saw him playing.

http://the-ozone.net/football/2010/Wint ... ombine.htm

Re: THE Ohio State Pro Day

Gibson=Bruce Davis.

Mr. LeBeau attended this Pro Day, I don't know why but I suspect he was there to watch OLB Thaddeus Gibson and S Kurt Coleman more than he was there to check out a WR.

nothing gets past me, I'm just smart that way...

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Mr. LeBeau attended this Pro Day, I don't know why but I suspect he was there to watch OLB Thaddeus Gibson and S Kurt Coleman more than he was there to check out a WR.

nothing gets past me, I'm just smart that way...
    OSU has 2 3-4 DE prospects too in Worthington and that cat who is better but has been injured for two years, last name is something like Ray (who ran a 4.75 at close to three bills).
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

I hope Mr. Lebeau stays far far away. Gibson is very athletic but never seems to put it together on the field. There isn't a Buckeye from this squad I want other than Ballard. Ballard is the real deal. He is labeled a blocking TE because he is that good at blocking and the Bucks rarely threw him the ball. OSU rarely throws to the TE and Pryor never could get off his first read. Ballard got lost on this team. I can't count how many times he lost a linebacker and was wide open not to be thrown to. He has sick hands...and pretty good speed. I would suspect he will run a sub 4.8. He is a very good route runner...very disciplined. He is also a good kid. And I doubt he will call 20 y/o "college kids" biatches.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I hope Mr. Lebeau stays far far away. Gibson is very athletic but never seems to put it together on the field. There isn't a Buckeye from this squad I want other than Ballard. Ballard is the real deal. He is labeled a blocking TE because he is that good at blocking and the Bucks rarely threw him the ball. OSU rarely throws to the TE and Pryor never could get off his first read. Ballard got lost on this team. I can't count how many times he lost a linebacker and was wide open not to be thrown to. He has sick hands...and pretty good speed. I would suspect he will run a sub 4.8. He is a very good route runner...very disciplined. He is also a good kid. And I doubt he will call 20 y/o "college kids" biatches.
    I commend you for being objective about your Bucks. I too think Ballard might be a great late round pick. He'd be much better than Spaeth IMO. It will be interesting to see who our three tight ends are. I like the idea of having McHugh since he also has experience playing FB, but we need a good No. 2 TE that can block and Spaeth is not a good blocker at all.

Pro Bowler

Wasn't there a big Steelers contingent at tOSU's Pro Day last year? That didn't result in any tOSU players being drafted by you guys...

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Wasn't there a big Steelers contingent at tOSU's Pro Day last year? That didn't result in any tOSU players being drafted by you guys...
    From what I heard, they were there to see James Laurinaitis. They were considering him in the 1st but went with Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    From what I heard, they were there to see James Laurinaitis. They were considering him in the 1st but went with Hood.

Ziggy Hood was a good choice, but James Laurinaitis would have been a great choice.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks

Ziggy Hood was a good choice, but James Laurinaitis would have been a great choice.
    I really liked James and thought he could be elite in the NFL. I liked him better than Hawk coming out of college.