Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers bringing in Larry Foote on Monday!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelers bringing in Larry Foote on Monday!

[url="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10071/1042342-100.stm"]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10071/1042342-100.stm[/url]
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers bringing in Larry Foote on Monday!

Yeah, don't love this idea. But, oh well. He was effective.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

It would be a great pick up.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    Why not? Depth who knows our system.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If we sign Foote, I can't see us going ILB i.e. Spoon or McClain in Rd. 1. Unless they plan on releasing Farrior and using Fox/Foote to fill in until Spoon/McClain are ready. The only positions of need that they haven't brought in a free agent is CB and DL, so far.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    If we sign Foote, I can't see us going ILB i.e. Spoon or McClain in Rd. 1. Unless they plan on releasing Farrior and using Fox/Foote to fill in until Spoon/McClain are ready. The only positions of need that they haven't brought in a free agent is CB and DL, so far.
    Agreed...I'm really not sure who they will pick between Odrick and Spoon. But, I fairly confident it will be one of those two if they are on the board and Haden doesn't drop.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn

If the signing bonus is small, I'm ok with it. I just think that as Foote ages, he is really going to struggle vs the pass (even on non passing downs).

However, I was one who stood up and said we will miss Foote and that Timmons struggles vs the run. Maybe I was right! No, that can't be it. My wife has assured me that won't happen again.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn

If the signing bonus is small, I'm ok with it. I just think that as Foote ages, he is really going to struggle vs the pass (even on non passing downs).

However, I was one who stood up and said we will miss Foote and that Timmons struggles vs the run. Maybe I was right! No, that can't be it. My wife has assured me that won't happen again.
    Hey, my wife tells me that all the time also. Hmmmm.....maybe it has something to do with our location.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Man I get pumped up when we bring back a former player. I don't care if they contribute or not, just the fact that they're back gets me all riled up. When Chad Brown came back and got a sack I was going nuts at home. Hope this works out, in this case I think Foote can bring some much needed depth to our LBs core. The ability to slide Timmons to the outside and have him or Fox fill in is $.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I approve of this message. With this signing we could keep 5 ILB because of Timmons ability to move outside. So if we were to draft a rookie like Spoon or McClain they could sit and play ST this year and learn from Foote and Farrior. IE Troy and his rookie season. We keep OLB that only play ST so why can't that be an ILB this season?
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!