Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers bringing in Larry Foote on Monday!

Starter

Re: Steelers bringing in Larry Foote on Monday!

sounds good to me. bring back the ol' 5150 line up, old man Farrior better lay it down with vigor this year, and start teachin the yungins.
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg
    http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    I approve of this message. With this signing we could keep 5 ILB because of Timmons ability to move outside. So if we were to draft a rookie like Spoon or McClain they could sit and play ST this year and learn from Foote and Farrior. IE Troy and his rookie season. We keep OLB that only play ST so why can't that be an ILB this season?
    it would also allow us to use foote to give farrior breaks. farrior comes out timmons slides over foote plays in timmons spot.
    IMO foote wouldn't start for us. at least i wouldn't start him..
    https://cex.io/r/0/birtikidis/0/
    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Pro Bowler

I don't feel that it changes our need to draft an ILB this year. If not Spoon or McClain in the first, then hopefully Spikes in the second. Foote serves as depth along with Fox, which is great, but we need a future stud for that position.

Dont want him..........He'd rather be in Arizona............

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    If we sign Foote, I can't see us going ILB i.e. Spoon or McClain in Rd. 1. Unless they plan on releasing Farrior and using Fox/Foote to fill in until Spoon/McClain are ready. The only positions of need that they haven't brought in a free agent is CB and DL, so far.
    Agreed...I'm really not sure who they will pick between Odrick and Spoon. But, I fairly confident it will be one of those two if they are on the board and Haden doesn't drop.
    Agreed...but regardless of what happens to Haden..I think it is going to be one of those to anyways. But I really think it is going to be Weatherspoon. Too me he is a difference maker who I think is going to blow up in the NFL.

Steelers 2014 Draft

1--Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
    2--Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-- -- Traded --
    3B--C.J. Fiedorwicz TE Iowa
    4--Jordan Tripp ILB Montana
    5--Brent Urban DE Virginia
    6--Michael Schofield OT Michigan
    7--Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State

Pro Bowler

If we sign Foote, I can't see us going ILB i.e. Spoon or McClain in Rd. 1. Unless they plan on releasing Farrior and using Fox/Foote to fill in until Spoon/McClain are ready. The only positions of need that they haven't brought in a free agent is CB and DL, so far.
    That means everything will be set for Pounceyman to come on board.
    The Steelers’ went through seven consecutive drafts (2003-09) without taking an offensive lineman in the first two rounds, the longest such streak by any franchise this century.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAMillion
    That means everything will be set for Pounceyman to come on board.

fine with me, i just hope Pounceyman comes on board in the second round and not in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Agreed...I'm really not sure who they will pick between Odrick and Spoon. But, I fairly confident it will be one of those two if they are on the board and Haden doesn't drop.
    Agreed...but regardless of what happens to Haden..I think it is going to be one of those to anyways. But I really think it is going to be Weatherspoon. Too me he is a difference maker who I think is going to blow up in the NFL.
    I think both will be studs. If I had my choice...I would probably take Odrick. I think Odrick=Spoon and I think Fox could be a stud. I would like to get younger this year on the DL. But, I must admit...that it's appealing to pick up Spoon. Just for the fact that the first time he plays like a puncy...we can call him Spoontang.
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon