Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: People can't help themselves

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: People can't help themselves

Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Ok, so for the sake of argument I'll concede. I'm jealous of Ben and I would have fallen the same way. Ok. That's still my fault and I would still be accountable for my actions and WOULD STILL HAVE EXERCISED POOR JUDGMENT. Very often the objective words out of the hypocrite's mouth still stand.
    Making this into a jealousy issue...
    defining sexual assault vs rape...
    civil vs criminal...
    Weed smoked vs weed on dashboard and aroma in the air...
    smacking the baby's mother with the forehand vs the backhand

The fans who see it as a negative regardless of either vs the fan who defends the player regardless of either!

I find it odd to hear intelligent men defend criminal acts and negative behavior because they want to win games. I want to win too but I'm not compromising my morals to do it. I cheer for the team but when someone points out a negative I don't make excuses for the guy.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

your arm must get pretty tired from patting yourself on the back so much.

in case you haven't noticed, that's what people do on internet message boards. they judge, speculate, and give personal opinions. it's why al gore invented the damn thing.

acting like you are above the fray in all of this is quite comical.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    The best friend who secretly despises you because are dating a really hot woman

Your brother/sister who hate you because you are successful

Your neighbor who hates you because your house is bigger than his

And the fan that hates the star of their favorite club because he lives the life they wish they lived

Jealousy is everywhere we look. People do not like to see the success of others. It reminds them of their own inadequacies and their own failures. They want to live like the people they worship and despise. They judge because they can. They libel, slander and throw stones because it makes them feel good. For once they are "better" than that guy. At least they are more "moral" than that guy. They "show better judgement".

The fact is many of the guys on this board would have let that girl get the best of em. In fact most if not all men have their breaking point...the point where the little brain wins.

What I have been reading is an embarassment to the Steeler Nation. No, not just about Ben...but about the fans. Is it too much to ask to support our QB until the facts come out? Obviously it is.
    Would you and the rest of the Big Ben fans with their Steeler shades on give the same benefit of the doubt to Ray Lewis or even Jay Cutler in the same situation? Or would you be saying these guys are more than likely guilty?

If you you say no, you are either a liar or a scumbag.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sd steel

And the fan that hates the star of their favorite club because he lives the life they wish they lived

Jealousy is everywhere we look. People do not like to see the success of others. It reminds them of their own inadequacies and their own failures. They want to live like the people they worship and despise. They judge because they can. They libel, slander and throw stones because it makes them feel good. For once they are "better" than that guy. At least they are more "moral" than that guy. They "show better judgement".

The fact is many of the guys on this board would have let that girl get the best of em. In fact most if not all men have their breaking point...the point where the little brain wins.

What I have been reading is an embarassment to the Steeler Nation. No, not just about Ben...but about the fans. Is it too much to ask to support our QB until the facts come out? Obviously it is.
    Would you and the rest of the Big Ben fans with their Steeler shades on give the same benefit of the doubt to Ray Lewis or even Jay Cutler in the same situation? Or would you be saying these guys are more than likely guilty?

be very careful.... calling someone a liar is fightin' words!
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by sd steel

be very careful.... calling someone a liar is fightin' words!
    Just sayin...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL

So your argument is that most Steelers fans and people that say Ben put himself in a bad situation are jealous of Ben? It does not take a genius to figure that he put himself in a bad position. Especially, with his fortune and fame. The evidence that he put himself in a bad situation is staring you right in the face. Although things don't look good(based on Ben's reported statement), I don't believe most people are saying he is guilty.

There is nothing wrong if people want to question if he should be released. Some fans feel it is best to move on and some don't. They are probably having the conversation within the organization. They have to try to be prepared for the worse case scenario(if Ben is charged). From what I heard on the radio, the Steelers are going to start paying Ben 12 million a year next season. That is something to evaluate when considering Ben and his stupidity. Ben's actions affect this team one way or another regardless of how anyone feels. He is one of the faces of the franchise and should conduct himself as such.

I don't understand why people are embarrassed for Steelers nation. Guess I never caught onto that concept. It is not like we are responsible for each others actions or opinions. We are not responsible for players actions either. People have opinions and I believe most people feel Ben was an idiot for putting himself in that position.
    Nope not at all. I'm saying those calling him a rapist are jealous. Those who said he put himself in a bad situation merely by going out...short sighted. We all know now something went on in a club. I think we can all agree that it was really bad judgement to go into a bathroom to play with some chick.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon

If she wanted to give me a hummer in the John, I would have taken it in a heartbeat, I wouldn't have assaulted her though, that's the difference.

Pappy
    Yes...I'm sure Ben took the hummer then slammed her head into the wall. If it were anyone but you Pappy I would bust out the rolley eyes.
    It's okay to rolly eye me, because, we don't know what he did exactly; my point is that the hummer is fine (more or less), but whatever caused the woman to go to the hospital is the problem. His story about her slipping is just odd. If I had just received the said hummer and saw her slip and fall and hot her head I would have at least checked to see that she's okay.

The whole story is weird from her standpoint and Ben's. Right now, Ben's story about her slipping was a bad idea to release to the media. I believe he did this prior to retaining counsel and they are now trying to do the best they can to mitigate Ben's statements, including the admission of sexual contact, but not intercourse.

It just doesn't look good from an objective standpoint right now. Of course, facts have a tricky way of clearing things up and that probably won't happen unless there is a trial. I doubt this ever gets to a courtroom, I'm leaning toward a payoff and then image reparation by Ben. I believe that's his best option and then face the Rooneys.

Pappy
    What's so odd about a drunk girl slipping and hitting her head? Do you really believe Ben physically assaulted a woman? I just don't see it. But, I'll tell you what...if he did...and the Rooneys keep him...I'll be a Browns fan. Second thought,,,I'll just concentrate on college football.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Thing is we don't know the timeline of events. they may have taken her to the hospital after she hit her head. perhaps her kneeling down giving him a hummer caused vertigo when she went to stand up and she fell. we don't know what happened. i didn't judge ray ray or even OJ until all the facts came out and they were on trial. and there's no way i'm gonna judge ben until there are more facts.
    how different is this from the bettis case? sounds like the same thing to me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Ok, so for the sake of argument I'll concede. I'm jealous of Ben and I would have fallen the same way. Ok. That's still my fault and I would still be accountable for my actions and WOULD STILL HAVE EXERCISED POOR JUDGMENT. Very often the objective words out of the hypocrite's mouth still stand.
    Making this into a jealousy issue...
    defining sexual assault vs rape...
    civil vs criminal...
    Weed smoked vs weed on dashboard and aroma in the air...
    smacking the baby's mother with the forehand vs the backhand

The fans who see it as a negative regardless of either vs the fan who defends the player regardless of either!

I find it odd to hear intelligent men defend criminal acts and negative behavior because they want to win games. I want to win too but I'm not compromising my morals to do it. I cheer for the team but when someone points out a negative I don't make excuses for the guy.

What I find odd is you are the most vocal of the critics...calling him a criminal and a rapist with no evidence whatsoever. If you want to say he showed poor judgement then I agree with you...now...more facts are out. But, I think it goes well beyond jealousy with you. Holmes had some negative behaviors but I didn't see you screaming from the roof tops. Odd.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Thing is we don't know the timeline of events. they may have taken her to the hospital after she hit her head. perhaps her kneeling down giving him a hummer caused vertigo when she went to stand up and she fell. we don't know what happened. i didn't judge ray ray or even OJ until all the facts came out and they were on trial. and there's no way i'm gonna judge ben until there are more facts.
    how different is this from the bettis case? sounds like the same thing to me.
    Yeah it's odd that we don't see Felt petitioning to keep Bettis out of the HoF.
    Trolls are people too.