Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: People can't help themselves

  1. #1

    People can't help themselves

    The best friend who secretly despises you because are dating a really hot woman

    Your brother/sister who hate you because you are successful

    Your neighbor who hates you because your house is bigger than his

    And the fan that hates the star of their favorite club because he lives the life they wish they lived

    Jealousy is everywhere we look. People do not like to see the success of others. It reminds them of their own inadequacies and their own failures. They want to live like the people they worship and despise. They judge because they can. They libel, slander and throw stones because it makes them feel good. For once they are "better" than that guy. At least they are more "moral" than that guy. They "show better judgement".

    The fact is many of the guys on this board would have let that girl get the best of em. In fact most if not all men have their breaking point...the point where the little brain wins.

    What I have been reading is an embarassment to the Steeler Nation. No, not just about Ben...but about the fans. Is it too much to ask to support our QB until the facts come out? Obviously it is.

  2. #2
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,863

    Re: People can't help themselves

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buwpJ...=youtube_gdata

    no one is jealous of Ben's success. We are frustrated with him because he is jeopardizing the Steelers success

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hey Roger...
    Posts
    3,183

    Re: People can't help themselves

    Not to mention Stonio. We are fabricating to fill gaps in the facts and/or projecting the most negative of consequences as destined realities. I am withholding my judgements until more definite information is available in both cases.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

  4. #4

    Re: People can't help themselves

    Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel
    Not to mention Stonio. We are fabricating to fill gaps in the facts and/or projecting the most negative of consequences as destined realities. I am withholding my judgements until more definite information is available in both cases.
    Exactly and that's the level headed thing to do. The board has done it with both guys. Of course with Santonio a drug test is a drug test...pretty clear cut if he is guilty. But, we haven't heard any real information.

  5. #5
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,130

    Re: People can't help themselves

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    The best friend who secretly despises you because are dating a really hot woman

    Your brother/sister who hate you because you are successful

    Your neighbor who hates you because your house is bigger than his

    And the fan that hates the star of their favorite club because he lives the life they wish they lived

    Jealousy is everywhere we look. People do not like to see the success of others. It reminds them of their own inadequacies and their own failures. They want to live like the people they worship and despise. They judge because they can. They libel, slander and throw stones because it makes them feel good. For once they are "better" than that guy. At least they are more "moral" than that guy. They "show better judgement".

    The fact is many of the guys on this board would have let that girl get the best of em. In fact most if not all men have their breaking point...the point where the little brain wins.

    What I have been reading is an embarassment to the Steeler Nation. No, not just about Ben...but about the fans. Is it too much to ask to support our QB until the facts come out? Obviously it is.
    If she wanted to give me a hummer in the John, I would have taken it in a heartbeat, I wouldn't have assaulted her though, that's the difference.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  6. #6

    Re: People can't help themselves

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    The best friend who secretly despises you because are dating a really hot woman

    Your brother/sister who hate you because you are successful

    Your neighbor who hates you because your house is bigger than his

    And the fan that hates the star of their favorite club because he lives the life they wish they lived

    Jealousy is everywhere we look. People do not like to see the success of others. It reminds them of their own inadequacies and their own failures. They want to live like the people they worship and despise. They judge because they can. They libel, slander and throw stones because it makes them feel good. For once they are "better" than that guy. At least they are more "moral" than that guy. They "show better judgement".

    The fact is many of the guys on this board would have let that girl get the best of em. In fact most if not all men have their breaking point...the point where the little brain wins.

    What I have been reading is an embarassment to the Steeler Nation. No, not just about Ben...but about the fans. Is it too much to ask to support our QB until the facts come out? Obviously it is.
    If she wanted to give me a hummer in the John, I would have taken it in a heartbeat, I wouldn't have assaulted her though, that's the difference.

    Pappy
    Yes...I'm sure Ben took the hummer then slammed her head into the wall. If it were anyone but you Pappy I would bust out the rolley eyes.

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,212

    Re: People can't help themselves

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    The best friend who secretly despises you because are dating a really hot woman

    Your brother/sister who hate you because you are successful

    Your neighbor who hates you because your house is bigger than his

    And the fan that hates the star of their favorite club because he lives the life they wish they lived

    Jealousy is everywhere we look. People do not like to see the success of others. It reminds them of their own inadequacies and their own failures. They want to live like the people they worship and despise. They judge because they can. They libel, slander and throw stones because it makes them feel good. For once they are "better" than that guy. At least they are more "moral" than that guy. They "show better judgement".

    The fact is many of the guys on this board would have let that girl get the best of em. In fact most if not all men have their breaking point...the point where the little brain wins.

    What I have been reading is an embarassment to the Steeler Nation. No, not just about Ben...but about the fans. Is it too much to ask to support our QB until the facts come out? Obviously it is.
    So your argument is that most Steelers fans and people that say Ben put himself in a bad situation are jealous of Ben? It does not take a genius to figure that he put himself in a bad position. Especially, with his fortune and fame. The evidence that he put himself in a bad situation is staring you right in the face. Although things don't look good(based on Ben's reported statement), I don't believe most people are saying he is guilty.

    There is nothing wrong if people want to question if he should be released. Some fans feel it is best to move on and some don't. They are probably having the conversation within the organization. They have to try to be prepared for the worse case scenario(if Ben is charged). From what I heard on the radio, the Steelers are going to start paying Ben 12 million a year next season. That is something to evaluate when considering Ben and his stupidity. Ben's actions affect this team one way or another regardless of how anyone feels. He is one of the faces of the franchise and should conduct himself as such.

    I don't understand why people are embarrassed for Steelers nation. Guess I never caught onto that concept. It is not like we are responsible for each others actions or opinions. We are not responsible for players actions either. People have opinions and I believe most people feel Ben was an idiot for putting himself in that position.

  8. #8
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,130

    Re: People can't help themselves

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    The best friend who secretly despises you because are dating a really hot woman

    Your brother/sister who hate you because you are successful

    Your neighbor who hates you because your house is bigger than his

    And the fan that hates the star of their favorite club because he lives the life they wish they lived

    Jealousy is everywhere we look. People do not like to see the success of others. It reminds them of their own inadequacies and their own failures. They want to live like the people they worship and despise. They judge because they can. They libel, slander and throw stones because it makes them feel good. For once they are "better" than that guy. At least they are more "moral" than that guy. They "show better judgement".

    The fact is many of the guys on this board would have let that girl get the best of em. In fact most if not all men have their breaking point...the point where the little brain wins.

    What I have been reading is an embarassment to the Steeler Nation. No, not just about Ben...but about the fans. Is it too much to ask to support our QB until the facts come out? Obviously it is.
    If she wanted to give me a hummer in the John, I would have taken it in a heartbeat, I wouldn't have assaulted her though, that's the difference.

    Pappy
    Yes...I'm sure Ben took the hummer then slammed her head into the wall. If it were anyone but you Pappy I would bust out the rolley eyes.
    It's okay to rolly eye me, because, we don't know what he did exactly; my point is that the hummer is fine (more or less), but whatever caused the woman to go to the hospital is the problem. His story about her slipping is just odd. If I had just received the said hummer and saw her slip and fall and hot her head I would have at least checked to see that she's okay.

    The whole story is weird from her standpoint and Ben's. Right now, Ben's story about her slipping was a bad idea to release to the media. I believe he did this prior to retaining counsel and they are now trying to do the best they can to mitigate Ben's statements, including the admission of sexual contact, but not intercourse.

    It just doesn't look good from an objective standpoint right now. Of course, facts have a tricky way of clearing things up and that probably won't happen unless there is a trial. I doubt this ever gets to a courtroom, I'm leaning toward a payoff and then image reparation by Ben. I believe that's his best option and then face the Rooneys.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,149

    Re: People can't help themselves

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buwpJ...=youtube_gdata

    no one is jealous of Ben's success. We are frustrated with him because he is jeopardizing the Steelers success
    Hallelujah, pass the bucket. You and I are finally on the same page! :P

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,149

    Re: People can't help themselves

    Ok, so for the sake of argument I'll concede. I'm jealous of Ben and I would have fallen the same way. Ok. That's still my fault and I would still be accountable for my actions and WOULD STILL HAVE EXERCISED POOR JUDGMENT. Very often the objective words out of the hypocrite's mouth still stand.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •