Thread: Steelers interested in Zane Beadles??

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelers interested in Zane Beadles??

03/12/10 - PRO DAY RESULTS: The University of Utah held a well-planned pro day workout on Monday for 16 pro prospects indoors on FieldTurf. Representatives from 20 teams evaluated the players, including offensive line coaches from the Ravens, Seahawks and Steelers, and a wide receivers coach and linebackers coach from the Browns. Defensive lineman Koa Misi (6-2 3/8, 246) ran a 4.21 short shuttle. He looked very good in position drills and will run again on March 29. – Gil Brandt, NFL.com

03/09/10 - Half of the teams in the NFL were represented yesterday at Utah's Pro Day. With several offensive line coaches in attendance, the the focus may have been on versatile offensive lineman Zane Beadles, but those in attendance tell me the two most impressive players were outside linebacker prospect Koa Misi and free safety Robert Johnson. Misi, who I listed months ago as a Diamond in the Rough, has emerged as a legitimate top 75 candidate after impressing during the Senior Bowl and Combine in drills. A defensive end for the Utes, Misi is considered more athletic than his former teammate Paul Kruger, a second round pick by Baltimore last year that successfully made the transition from defensive end to outside linebacker for their 3-4 scheme. Misi, who did the entire workout at the Combine, didn't run the 40-yard dash or do all of the timed drills Monday. He did, however, cut his short shuttle time from 4.30 to 4.21 and looked very good in positional drills. - Rob Rang, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com

[url="http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70994&draftyear=2010&genpos=OLB "]http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ds ... genpos=OLB[/url]
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers interested in Zane Beadles??

Hopefully we were there for Koa Misi instead.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    Hopefully we were there for Koa Misi instead.
    I’m sure we are but the Steelers intentionally sent an O-line coach which makes you say……….hmmmmmmmmm??
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Beazles is listed as a guard prospect, but played LT in college.

For what it's worth, from the Scout's Inc. analysis, he seems like an ok mid-round prospect. I'd rather see the Steelers stay away from mid-round position flexibility types. If they're going to go offensive line, either draft a stud or nobody. The last thing the Steelers need is more mediocre offensive lineman.

Awareness 2 "Strong grasp of protection schemes shows up on film and does a nice job of staying at home when defensive line stunts. However, can be a step late getting into position to pick up the blitz. "
    Toughness 1 A mauler. Plays with a nasty attitude and works extremely hard to finish blocks.
    Pass Protection 3 Strong and can stop edge rushers in their tracks. Play with a wide base and can sink hips working against bull rushers. Footwork needs refining. Lacks ideal length and going to have a tougher time riding edge rushers in the NFL.
    Run Blocking 2 "Quick first step. Uses leverage and brute strength to drive defenders off the ball. Uses hands well. Can reach defenders lined up over outside shoulder. However, doesn't always take sound angles to downfield blocks and has some problems getting into position at the second level as a result.

Misi sounds like an interesting OLB prospect.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Don't like Beadles. He is like too many of our linemen already. Tough, but not overly athletic. Unless they see him as a RT, I think Urbik is really the same sort of player.

Love Misi and WR David Reed of Utah. Both will be good pros.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    Don't like Beadles. He is like too many of our linemen already. Tough, but not overly athletic. Unless they see him as a RT, I think Urbik is really the same sort of player.

Love Misi and WR David Reed of Utah. Both will be good pros.
    If Misi could learn inside LB I'd like him in Round 2.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"