Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Everybody Else is Doing it Part 3....

Hall of Famer

Re: Everybody Else is Doing it Part 3....

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    So, a quick re-cap..

Round 1- OG Mike Iaputa
    Round 2- CB Kareem Jackson
    Round 3- ILB Sean Lee
    Round 4- NT Linval Joseph
    Round 5a- DE Corey Peters
    Round 5b- RB Lonyae Miller
    Round 5c- FB John Conner
    Round 6- OLB O'Brien Schofield
    Round 7a- OLB Adrian Tracy
    Round 7b- FS Darian Stewart
    IMO, Linval Joseph is not a good NT prospect. I watched him play a few times this season. I think he'd be a good 3-4 DE. He is tall with really skinny legs. He does not get low enough or have enough lower body strength/mass to survive the double team inside against shorter players with lower centers of gravity. He will be effective as a 3-4 DE because he has good athletcism, mass, and long arms to keep athletic, taller tackles and TEs at bay. He could be a player that could play both 3-4 DE and be an emergency NT. I just don't think he is a natural NT.

I like the Shofield and Tracy picks. We need to improve our OLB/pass rushing depth. I really haven't been impressed with Sean Lee post knee injury. If the explosiveness comes back, I'd be more interested.

I am not as opposed to Iupati as many are. I think he will develop into a very good pro run blocker who can hold his own in pass pro. But, he is a bit of a project and he is not very smart.
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

I am thinking about changing my board name to Pounceyman. The only interior OL I want the Steelers to draft in round 1 is Pouncey. I see him moving up Mock draft boards now. He would be a 10 year starter for the Steelers. You could play him at RG for a year if Urbik can't play and then move him to center in 2011.

Also, I would still like to see the Steelers take a safety in round 2. There are several good safeties available and I would hate to see the team pass because they are bringing Clark. I could see the Steelers targeting some of the guys you mentioned in later rounds.
    The Steelers’ went through seven consecutive drafts (2003-09) without taking an offensive lineman in the first two rounds, the longest such streak by any franchise this century.

Damn it Chadman you caught me. I didn't read all of the fine print. Shame on me.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Draft 1.0

1. Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3comp. Charles Sims, RB, WVU
    4. Dion Bailey, FS, USC
    5a. Will Clarke, DE, WVU
    5b. Walt Aikens, CB, Liberty
    6. Jeff Janis, WR, Saginaw Valley
    7a. Devon Keynard, OLB, USC
    7b. Eathyn Manumaleuna, DT, BYU