Thread: What I think the Steelers will do come draft day....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What I think the Steelers will do come draft day....

1-SEAN WEATHERSPOON ILB
    I think he is going to be the higest rated player on their boad and I think they are in love with this guy...and rightfully so.

2-TYSON ALUALU DT
    The second best 3-4 DE/DT after Jared Odrick not named Suh or McCoy. This is a hi motor hi energy player who fits like a glove in th e Steelers defense.

3-DOMINIQUE FRANKS CB
    5-11 ¼, 191 posted a 4.47 in the 40-yard-dash and an 11.72 in the 60-yard shuttle at his pro day. Physical, keep everything in front in type of corner.

I wont go beyond the 3rd pick. Way to hard.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: What I think the Steelers will do come draft day....

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    1-SEAN WEATHERSPOON ILB
    I think he is going to be the higest rated player on their boad and I think they are in love with this guy...and rightfully so.

2-TYSON ALUALU DT
    The second best 3-4 DE/DT after Jared Odrick not named Suh or McCoy. This is a hi motor hi energy player who fits like a glove in th e Steelers defense.

3-DOMINIQUE FRANKS CB
    5-11 ¼, 191 posted a 4.47 in the 40-yard-dash and an 11.72 in the 60-yard shuttle at his pro day. Physical, keep everything in front in type of corner.

Tyson Alualu is a Samoan player who played his high school ball here in Hawaii (so he must be good!

Another top NFL draft pick: Tyson Alualu
    By T. Gasu [email="sports@samoanews.com"]sports@samoanews.com[/email]

Tyson Alualu who plays for the University of California Bears, is another defensive player that has made his presence on the field known for his outstanding and aggressive sportsmanship on the field.

Alualu, 6’3” and 295 lbs is the son of Pastor Ta’avao and Leva’ai Alualu who is managing the Christian Rock Fellowship Church in Honolulu, Hawaii. He hails from a family of seven sisters and a brother.

Alualu, is a graduate of St. Louis High School in Hawaii, and that’s where he started playing the game of football.

Alualu, was born on May 12, 1987, and is married to his wife Desire Alualu and is blessed with a son Tyree, and daughter Dereon.

In high school, Tyson was a two time All State selection by the Honolulu Star Bulletin, and was ranked the No. 2 player in Hawaii in 2005 by Rivals.com who also rated him as the No. 24 defensive tackle in America.

According to calbears.com, in 2006, Tyson stepped into the defensive line rotation as a true freshman and saw action in all 13 games, including his first career start against Oregon State.

He registered 16 tackles, fourth on the defensive line and tallied a season high with six tackles (three solo) against UCLA and added five takedowns (two solo) in his college debut at Tennessee.

In 2007, Tyson Started all 13 games for the first time and played in all 13 for the second consecutive season. He lead their defensive linemen with 52 tackles, including 3.5 for a loss and added 2.5 sacks, an interception and a team-best four fumble recoveries.

He had 20 tackles and a pair of fumble recoveries in the last three regular season games, including a season-high eight stops in the Big Game at Stanford where he recorded a pair of sacks and five tackles.

At their match against Colorado State, he managed to recover his first career fumble and took it into the endzone for a touchdown. He was named the team’s most valuable defensive lineman, an honor he would repeat in 2008.

In 2009, he was a first-team All-Pac-10 selection and a Phil Steele 2009 Postseason All-Pac-10 Second-Team Defense choice. Tyson lead the all conference linemen with 60 tackles and he is also leading the team in sacks (7.5, No. 6 Pac-10).

Tyson received the team’s Brick Muller Award as most valuable defensive lineman and Joe Roth Award for best exemplifying courage, attitude and sportsmanship, named by team as a Cort Majors Captain and team’s Senior Lifter of the Year. He was ranked as the nation’s No. 45 preseason defensive end by Phil Steele.

In Tyson’s career at Cal, he has played in all 51 games possible with 39 starts over the last four seasons, including a run of 38 consecutive starts, making 188 tackles to go along with 24.5 TFL (-130 yards), 17.0 sacks (-111 yards), seven passes defended, four fumble recoveries, four forced fumbles, a blocked kick and an interception.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

If I had to guess what might happen based on what we know today, I think either CB Joe Haden (based on the poor 40 time) or ILB Rolando McClain (based on the Chron's disease news) may fall to #18. If it's Haden, then they might go for his teammate ILB Brandon Spikes in round 2. If it's McClain, then they might go for his teammate CB Kareem Jackson in round 2. Then I think they go for a d-lineman in round 3, either DE Alex Carrington from Arkansas State or NT Torrell Troup from Central Florida.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

1-SEAN WEATHERSPOON ILB

2-TYSON ALUALU DT

3-DOMINIQUE FRANKS CB

1. Spoon-I'm warming to this player. I really didn't like his performance inside in the bowl game, but I think he'd learn to shed blocks better. I love his potential as a pass defender.

2. Alualu-love the player. But, even though he played in a 3-4, I see him as a better penetrator, than an anchoring two gap player. I think he'd be best as a 4-3, three technique guy.

3. Franks-I have him in the same spot in my mock. He didn't get much pub this season because teams were avoiding him. He could potentially start right away.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would be totally fine with those as our first 3 picks. Dont think Franks makes it that far though.

Legend

User Info Menu

I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers take a RB early. They supposedly recommitted to the running game and all they have is Mendenhall and Moore. To bad they struck out on Chester Taylor.....I would have loved to have seen him in the black and gold.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers take a RB early. They supposedly recommitted to the running game and all they have is Mendenhall and Moore. To bad they struck out on Chester Taylor.....I would have loved to have seen him in the black and gold.

I agree but I don't believe it will be a scat back. I believe it will be a bruiser that will improve our power running game. I would bet that the Steelers really like Gerhart and might be willing to spend a second to get him.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

Can't say with any conviction that i'm sold on any other pick for us at 18 outside of one of the three best Left Tackles, Joe Haden or Kyle Wilson at this point. (Considering our recent signings indicate that Tomlin and the F/O believe that we are "good" at Safety now)

I think Weatherspoon at worse could be a Timmons clone. And though i really like MCclain and expect him to do well in the league,... feel as though we are in far worse shape at the corner position than we are concerning our LB corps.
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...lCzar76Sig.jpg

"We’ll have a mix-and-match concept that hopefully will see us through.” ~Tomlin

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCzar76
    Can't say with any conviction that i'm sold on any other pick for us at 18 outside of one of the three best Left Tackles, Joe Haden or Kyle Wilson at this point. (Considering our recent signings indicate that Tomlin and the F/O believe that we are "good" at Safety now)

I think Weatherspoon at worse could be a Timmons clone. And though i really like MCclain and expect him to do well in the league,... feel as though we are in far worse shape at the corner position than we are concerning our LB corps.
    Not one player had more of a drop off in performance last year for the Steelers than did ILB James Farrior. I would say that too is a very big need for this team. Then you factor in the contract that Farrior holds and it becomes even more beneficial to find and upgrade there.

Not sure where you arrive at the idea that Weatherspoon may be a Timmons clone. But I think it may have to do with the fact that it just isn’t the player or position you want the Steelers to draft.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCzar76

Not one player had more of a drop off in performance last year for the Steelers than did ILB James Farrior. I would say that too is a very big need for this team. Then you factor in the contract that Farrior holds and it becomes even more beneficial to find and upgrade there.

Not sure where you arrive at the idea that Weatherspoon may be a Timmons clone. But I think it may have to do with the fact that it just isn’t the player or position you want the Steelers to draft.

No Dub,....it's because i think Weatherspoon could very well translate to Timmons at the next level,..even in spite of all of the pub he's gained in the last few weeks. IF you watched him play at Mizzou,...their respective "games" (skill sets) are VERY similar.

Granted,..at this moment he (Spoon) appears to be more of an intelligent and confident player than Timmons,..but i personally do not see enough of a difference to risk it with another top 20 pick.

But hey,...if that's your "dude" so be it. I'm talking about my opinion here,.....
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...lCzar76Sig.jpg

"We’ll have a mix-and-match concept that hopefully will see us through.” ~Tomlin