Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the Steelers...

Legend

Re: Should the Steelers...

Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    What is with Steelers fans and hating the QB?

Ran Bradshaw out of town, cheered when he was laying on the ground injured.

Ran O'Donnell out of town

Started rumors about Kordell

and now a lot are condemning Ben to hell.

If the Steelers cut Ben, like some want, there will be many years of nothing for Steelers fans. Unless Ben is a serial rapist, he better never be cut.
    Steeler fans hate QB's for what they do and don't do on the field.

People hate Ben's drama because it has the potential to keep him OFF the field. The question of Ben being a serial rapist is on the table because of his actions...

No one started a Ben is a rapist rumor.

There is a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz

If the Steelers cut Ben, like some want, there will be many years of nothing for Steelers fans. Unless Ben is a serial rapist, he better never be cut.

People hate Ben's drama because it has the potential to keep him OFF the field. The question of Ben being a serial rapist is on the table because of his actions...

There is a difference.
    This I will agree with. The talk and overreaction comes from anxiety about the possibility of Ben not playing. The talk from the rest of the world because other teams fans hate the Steelers. How much fun did we have talking about Ray Lewis? True or not true we enjoyed busting balls.

Pro Bowler

There is a difference.

At this point in time, the only drama that Ben is guilty of creating on his own is riding his cycle w/out a helmet. Riding a bike without a helmet like driving a car w/out a seatbealt (and who amoung us hasn't been guilty of that in the past?).

For all we know (and hope), these two rape allegations could be fabricated and false.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn

Low blow? You must have an inferiority complex because I wasn't "declaring my superiority". I was stating that children's role models need to be their parents. Parents need to emphasize that looking to sports stars as some sort of moral compass is short sighted at best. If your boy wants to throw like Ben great. But, if your kid is going to start boinkin' chicks in bathrooms because of Ben's actions then I don't know what to say. Please stop dramatizing this subject with emotional nonsense that has no place.
    Not all quarterbacks are good role models and not all parents are good role models. Believe it or not there are people out there who look to these guys as hero's. I am my childrens role model however there are more people in the world than me. How is life in eutopia?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74

I don't want to run anyone out of town, I am asking if there are charges and a subsequent indictment when do the Steelers seriously start considering moving on? Do you really think serial rapist is the line?

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by _SteeL_CurtaiN_

I don't want to run anyone out of town, I am asking if there are charges and a subsequent indictment when do the Steelers seriously start considering moving on? Do you really think serial rapist is the line?
    Yes, I agree, serious charges and convicted guilt, he needs to go. But people are talking about cutting him now just because his name is in the news again.

Pro Bowler

But people are talking about cutting him now just because his name is in the news again.

Which is absolutely insane!

Quote Originally Posted by _SteeL_CurtaiN_

Low blow? You must have an inferiority complex because I wasn't "declaring my superiority". I was stating that children's role models need to be their parents. Parents need to emphasize that looking to sports stars as some sort of moral compass is short sighted at best. If your boy wants to throw like Ben great. But, if your kid is going to start boinkin' chicks in bathrooms because of Ben's actions then I don't know what to say. Please stop dramatizing this subject with emotional nonsense that has no place.
    Not all quarterbacks are good role models and not all parents are good role models. Believe it or not there are people out there who look to these guys as hero's. I am my childrens role model however there are more people in the world than me. How is life in eutopia?
    Eutopia...lol. It's like I'm arguing with my wife.

And PS-if you are your child's role model...do you think placing half naked chicks in your sig is a good way to show a young boy how to view young women? Just curious about your thoughts on that. Don't want to declare superiority or anything...but I am curious why you are so concerned with Ben when your behavior is kinda pigish.

Pro Bowler

And PS-if you are your child's role model...do you think placing half naked chicks in your sig is a good way to show a young boy how to view young women? Just curious about your thoughts on that. Don't want to declare superiority or anything...but I am curious why you are so concerned with Ben when your behavior is kinda pigish.

Hall of Famer

But people are talking about cutting him now just because his name is in the news again.

Which is absolutely insane!
    Especially when the people who are staking claim to this moral high ground have fantasy women in their signatures.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.