Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers dont attend Iupati pro day

Steelers dont attend Iupati pro day

FYI. Doesnt mean that he wont get drafted by them first round....but I do think it is telling. Here's hoping he doesn't.
    2015 Draft

1) P.J. Williams-CB-Florida St.
    2) Jordan Phillips-DT-Oklahoma
    3) Geneo Grissom-OLB-Oklahoma
    4) Jeff Heuerman-TE-OSU
    5)
    Clint Trickett-QB-WVU
    6) Justin Coleman-CB-Tenn
    7) Spencer Roth-P-Baylor

Legend

Re: Steelers dont attend Iupati pro day

I don't think it means anything for guys at the top end of the draft. Those guys has track records and for the most part several years of ilm.

Pro Days are probably a bigger deal for guys projected to go in Rounds 3 and beyond. The scouts are probably looking more at discriminators for those guys, especially mid major and small college guys.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

How many other Vandals are pro prospects, though? Their resources may have been better spent elsewhere (for example, earlier this week it was reported the Steelers had representatives at the Utah Pro Day, where we could see OT/OG Zane Beadles, OLB Koa Misi, WR David Reed, and FS Robert Johnson...not just one guy). If we like Iupati, we can bring him in for a visit at our place.

Then again, looking at the list of schools that had Pro Days yesterday, there aren't many big-time football powerhouses: Alabama-Birmingham, Furman, Idaho, Kent State, Ohio, Stephen F. Austin. Oh well.

For what it's worth, it will be interesting to see where Tomlin will be next Wednesday. Will he stay close to home to see the likes of Odrick, Lee, Bowman, Clark, etc. at Penn State, or will he travel down to Florida to see the likes of Haden, Spikes, Pouncey, Dunlap, Tebow, Hernandez, Cooper, Wright, Cunningham, etc.? Remember, back in his first season as a head coach, Tomlin personally visited Florida State's Pro Day prior to drafting Timmons. I know I'll be rooting for another crappy 40 time from Haden so that he drops to #18.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    FYI. Doesnt mean that he wont get drafted by them first round....but I do think it is telling. Here's hoping he doesn't.
    I'm hoping that is a very good sign, but I don't think we looked at Mendenhall either, he was just too good to pass up. I don't think Iupati is in that category.

Pro Bowler

Or it could mean the Iupati has a private workout setup with the Steelers later, so it didn't make sense for the Steelers personnel to be at both...

Pro Bowler

Didn't attend because the Steelers are taking a RB in the 1st.

Hall of Famer

They met with him and watched him work out at the combine. If he comes in for a visit he is a target. If not, I'll bet he is still on their radar.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

No need to look at Iupati because the Pounceyman is coming to town.
    The Steelers’ went through seven consecutive drafts (2003-09) without taking an offensive lineman in the first two rounds, the longest such streak by any franchise this century.

smokescreen, the Steelers are reportedly very high on Iupati and will definitely consider him at #18.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    smokescreen, the Steelers are reportedly very high on Iupati and will definitely consider him at #18.
    Very, very bad rumor