Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Ben speaks

[quote=Eddie Spaghetti]
    Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    Quote Originally Posted by "Eddie Spaghetti":uou20tub
    VIP room.

bottles can be sent in.
    So customers are responsible for the under agers not drinking?
    if ben rented the VIP room, yes.

pictures without that wristband could go a long way in bens favor.[/quote:uou20tub]

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the wristbands would be for people who were of age to drink. My experience with these types of places is that they card everyone and if you are old enough to drink you get a wristband.

If it was the other way around a pair of scissors would substitute for a fake ID.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

that may be right.

i'm starting to feel a little better about the whole thing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Here's what really happened...

While watching the Pitt basketball game at the bar, the reception on the TV goes out briefly and Ben gets ticked off, but this girl comes over and switches around some cables, fixing the TV. Ben gets turned on by this, and the two of them spend a lot of time together from 11:00 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. in the VIP room. Ultimately, he tells her that he loves her and wants to get married and have kids, and she agrees. Just as they were about to commence in the baby-making process right there in the bar bathroom, she blurts out "but we aren't getting them baptized." This causes Ben to flip out, so he takes her cell phone and throws it against the wall, hitting an innocent paper towel dispenser in the process. Shards of broken phone and paper towel dispenser hit her in the head, injuring her. Ben storms out, telling her that he'd rather go take a leak outside in a bush than in the same bathroom with her. Then Ben sneaks into Santonio's car, take a few doobies, and drives off helmetless on a Hayabusa. The end.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    they should subpoena her and her witnesses cell phone records to see if they texted each other and were searching stuff out on the internet about Ben...could come up with a scenario where they came up with the whole thing through texting.
    They had to have been using their cell phones to look up his height and weight for sure. As we all know his exact height and weight from Steelers.com was listed on the police report. I could see them guessing 6'5" but there is no way he tips the scales at 241 right now. That doesn't mean they made it all up, but they had to have researched or googled his weight, probably using a cell phone.

Backup

User Info Menu

I heard on the NFL channel and maybe I heard it wrong: Ben said they had no intercourse and only unconstimated sex. What does that mean, unconstimated sex ? Does that mean she blew and he let go on her clothing ?

The channel also said the Rooney's are in dismay over this. Also if the Rooneys find out he's guilty or maybe if this happens again, he is off the team. NFL channel made that sound like they got that information from a Steeler mole.

I tell you guys, " we might be looking for a new quarterback if this crap doesn't flush pretty quickly. "

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Roethlisberger's lawyer hires a team of investigators

Wednesday, March 10, 2010
    By Moriah Balingit, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

An attorney for Ben Roethlisberger said Tuesday his firm has assembled a team of investigators to gather information about sexual assault allegations that have been raised by a 20-year-old college student.

But Attorney Edward T.M. Garland said he believes that Mr. Roethlisberger "is absolutely innocent of criminal misconduct."

"The fans and the people that believe in him should be patient. ... The truth will come out," he said Tuesday in a telephone interview. "The investigating authorities are acting in a responsible matter thus far and I believe they are taking their role very seriously."

Nonetheless, he has his own investigators -- some of whom are former law enforcement officials and some of whom are lawyers -- interviewing witnesses and "studying circumstances."

"Any good lawyer needs to look at every fact, every witness and every circumstance to render proper and good legal advice for anyone he represents," he said.

Meanwhile, the woman in the case has hired attorneys David Walbert and Lee Parks of the firm Parks, Chesin & Walbert in Atlanta. They released a statement Tuesday asking the media "to respect her privacy, keep her name out of the press and allow the family space and time to heal."

They said their client "has done the right thing and reported this matter to police. She has been, and will be, available to the authorities to assist them in the criminal investigation."

The woman, a student at Georgia College & State University, told police early Friday morning that Mr. Roethlisberger, 28, sexually assaulted her at a nightclub near the college campus in Milledgeville, Ga. Police at the scene interviewed Mr. Roethlisberger and members of his party and permitted them to leave.

The woman was taken to a nearby hospital, where she was treated and released.

The Post-Gazette does not name accusers in sexual assault cases.

Though Mr. Garland said he had "confidence in the process," he added that, generally speaking, law enforcement can be hasty in bringing charges without merit when the accused is a celebrity. Mr. Garland has represented celebrities before in criminal matters, including Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, who was accused in 2000 of a double murder in Atlanta. Mr. Lewis pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice and testified against two co-defendants who were later acquitted.

"It's very dangerous for someone of a celebrity status to have even inference of impropriety," he said.

"It's easier for some investigator to bring the charge than it is to simply dismiss it because they might be accused of being influenced by the celebrity status."

"Therefore, sometimes they proceed with cases that simply should have been closed without merit in order to avoid the claim that the case was dismissed because the person was famous, rich, had a fancy attorney."

Mr. Garland declined to say what his firm's investigation entailed, saying only that his investigators were interviewing witnesses.

"I hope they're not following in (law enforcement's) footsteps, but are ahead of them," he said, when asked if the investigators he had hired would be interviewing the same witnesses police did.

And he added that the fact that his client is a high-profile athlete might make witnesses unreliable.

"Witnesses come out of the woodwork ... they are motivated by a desire to get in front of the camera," he said. "Evidence is therefore very unreliable."

He said Mr. Roethlisberger was not in Georgia on Tuesday, but would not say where he was or when he might be interviewed by police.

Milledgeville police Chief Woodrow W. Blue Jr. said at a news conference Monday that Mr. Roethlisberger and seven other witnesses will be interviewed in the next two to three days. Chief Blue also said police planned to obtain DNA samples as part of their investigation.

Mr. Garland declined to comment on specifics of the police investigation.

"We are cooperating with law enforcement's investigation," he said.

Also Tuesday, KDKA-TV reported that Mr. Roethlisberger was accompanied by two police officers -- a Coraopolis police officer and a Pennsylvania state trooper stationed at the Washington barracks -- early Friday morning. The Pennsylvania State Police confirmed Tuesday that a trooper had been working for Mr. Roethlisberger as a personal assistant, but said that police in Milledgeville had not contacted them to interview the trooper, KDKA reported.

Read more: [url="http://post-gazette.com/pg/10069/1041537-66.stm#ixzz0hpDWewoD"]http://post-gazette.com/pg/10069/104153 ... z0hpDWewoD[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN
    I heard on the NFL channel and maybe I heard it wrong: Ben said they had no intercourse and only unconstimated sex. What does that mean, unconstimated sex ? Does that mean she blew and he let go on her clothing ?

The channel also said the Rooney's are in dismay over this. Also if the Rooneys find out he's guilty or maybe if this happens again, he is off the team. NFL channel made that sound like they got that information from a Steeler mole.

I tell you guys, " we might be looking for a new quarterback if this crap doesn't flush pretty quickly. "
    It is consummate, which in the sexual usage applies to the first time a married couple has intercourse as in "consummating the marriage." Not really an appropriate term in Ben's case.

Backup

User Info Menu

Thank you. I know what it means, just not how to spell it obviously. Anyway, what if Ben does know the true meaning, what could he mean by saying that ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN

Unconsummated sex would merely mean sex that wasn't completed so I'm not sure that Ben used proper wording. I would think that unconsummated sex in this instance would refer to intercourse but were interupted before climax. How can you start sex but not finish...without intercourse? The only other possibility is if he meant they agreed to have sex...went to the bathroom but didn't go through with it. Making out...went to the bathroom to go at it and got interrupted? That seems more feasible.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    What??? If this is true then Ben is a real idiot. In light of his pending civil suit and for him to go into a club and put himself in this position is hard to stomach. Again if this is true...then in my opinion Ben has a real big problem.
    So it may have been a hug and Ben is a criminal in your mind?
    If a hug is sexual assault I have committed some horrendous acts in my lifetime. Like thousands..

I'm curious how this chick fell... at 20 years of age and bar hopping with Ben this is not good at all.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"