Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: At best, Pig Ben's image is shot

  1. #11

    Re: At best, Pig Ben's image is shot

    You might as well spell Ben M U D. The dudes name is mud right now innocent or not. Ben is going to be mud for a darn long time and especially if he is found guilty.

    I remember a bunch of us had our cars at a car cruise and one of the single guys met a girl during the cruise and took her home that night. To this day, the girls/wives loath him because they think he's a pig. I on the other hand kind of missed being single at that time but non the less, Ben is going to have a bad reputation for a long time. I only hope the Rooney's can wait it out and allow him to stay on the team.

  2. #12
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,729

    Re: At best, Pig Ben's image is shot

    Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN
    You might as well spell Ben M U D. The dudes name is mud right now innocent or not. Ben is going to be mud for a darn long time and especially if he is found guilty.

    I remember a bunch of us had our cars at a car cruise and one of the single guys met a girl during the cruise and took her home that night. To this day, the girls/wives loath him because they think he's a pig. I on the other hand kind of missed being single at that time but non the less, Ben is going to have a bad reputation for a long time. I only hope the Rooney's can wait it out and allow him to stay on the team.

    i believe that Ben will be found innocent of all charges and that the Rooneys will let this all play out before making any rash decisions.

    like Shawn, i'm rooting for Ben until proven to me otherwise.

    what Ben is guilty of is being very, very naive when it comes to women...but that does not make him a criminal.

  3. #13

    Re: At best, Pig Ben's image is shot

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN
    You might as well spell Ben M U D. The dudes name is mud right now innocent or not. Ben is going to be mud for a darn long time and especially if he is found guilty.

    I remember a bunch of us had our cars at a car cruise and one of the single guys met a girl during the cruise and took her home that night. To this day, the girls/wives loath him because they think he's a pig. I on the other hand kind of missed being single at that time but non the less, Ben is going to have a bad reputation for a long time. I only hope the Rooney's can wait it out and allow him to stay on the team.

    i believe that Ben will be found innocent of all charges and that the Rooneys will let this all play out before making any rash decisions.

    like Shawn, i'm rooting for Ben until proven to me otherwise.

    what Ben is guilty of is being very, very naive when it comes to women...but that does not make him a criminal.
    I agree.

  4. #14
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,861

    Re: At best, Pig Ben's image is shot

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN
    You might as well spell Ben M U D. The dudes name is mud right now innocent or not. Ben is going to be mud for a darn long time and especially if he is found guilty.

    I remember a bunch of us had our cars at a car cruise and one of the single guys met a girl during the cruise and took her home that night. To this day, the girls/wives loath him because they think he's a pig. I on the other hand kind of missed being single at that time but non the less, Ben is going to have a bad reputation for a long time. I only hope the Rooney's can wait it out and allow him to stay on the team.

    i believe that Ben will be found innocent of all charges and that the Rooneys will let this all play out before making any rash decisions.

    like Shawn, i'm rooting for Ben until proven to me otherwise.

    what Ben is guilty of is being very, very naive when it comes to women...but that does not make him a criminal.
    I agree.
    being naive has him 50/50 on a second accusation of sexual assault.

    I want Ben to be innocent but dude is on his "second go round"

    In a public bathroom too?

  5. #15
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,813

    Re: At best, Pig Ben's image is shot

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I'm still unsure why people are so quick to believe these chicks are being honest. I'm of the belief that there are many people who have zero idea of the concept of truth. They can't seperate truth from fiction. They lie, slander and libel without remorse. They do not care who they hurt with their words.

    With all of that said, I'm open to the fact that Ben might be a pig. But, that doesn't make him a criminal. And to live in a day where a man can't go into a bar and hit on a woman without getting sued is pretty sad. I really don't care if Ben's a pig. My concern is whether he can play ball. And ball he plays well.
    Shawn do you have a duaghter? If you do or if you had one would you say the same thing?
    Would you feel the same way? And how many more of these for Ben would it take to think maybe there is a problem here?? 2 more? 3 more?

    I have two daughters...so yes I would say the same thing. If my underage daughter is in a club underage drinking that will be an issue. If my daughters put themselves in bad situations they will need to deal with bad results. If a man hits on them and they are not interested a simple no should suffice. I would be highly disappointed if they sued over something like that. I would also be very upset if they were engaging in consensual activities in a public bathroom. In that case, again I would not want them to sue for their own doing. Now if they were forced...they wouldn't have to sue because I have a shovel and a shotgun. If Ben forced himself on this girl...I will not only not support him but I will be first on the cut Ben petition.

    And D it will only take one with some evidence for me to write the man off. Where was the evidence in the first case? If there wasn't any...why are we bringing it up? If there is sufficient evidence to convict Ben of a crime then I won't support him any longer. Until then...I'm rooting for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Now if they were forced...they wouldn't have to sue because I have a shovel and a shotgun.
    A backhoe is the t1ts; not even the dogs can sniff anything if you use a backhoe to dig the hole. Just sayin... :P

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  6. #16
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,729

    Re: At best, Pig Ben's image is shot

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I'm still unsure why people are so quick to believe these chicks are being honest. I'm of the belief that there are many people who have zero idea of the concept of truth. They can't seperate truth from fiction. They lie, slander and libel without remorse. They do not care who they hurt with their words.

    With all of that said, I'm open to the fact that Ben might be a pig. But, that doesn't make him a criminal. And to live in a day where a man can't go into a bar and hit on a woman without getting sued is pretty sad. I really don't care if Ben's a pig. My concern is whether he can play ball. And ball he plays well.
    Shawn do you have a duaghter? If you do or if you had one would you say the same thing?
    Would you feel the same way? And how many more of these for Ben would it take to think maybe there is a problem here?? 2 more? 3 more?

    I have two daughters...so yes I would say the same thing. If my underage daughter is in a club underage drinking that will be an issue. If my daughters put themselves in bad situations they will need to deal with bad results. If a man hits on them and they are not interested a simple no should suffice. I would be highly disappointed if they sued over something like that. I would also be very upset if they were engaging in consensual activities in a public bathroom. In that case, again I would not want them to sue for their own doing. Now if they were forced...they wouldn't have to sue because I have a shovel and a shotgun. If Ben forced himself on this girl...I will not only not support him but I will be first on the cut Ben petition.

    And D it will only take one with some evidence for me to write the man off. Where was the evidence in the first case? If there wasn't any...why are we bringing it up? If there is sufficient evidence to convict Ben of a crime then I won't support him any longer. Until then...I'm rooting for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Now if they were forced...they wouldn't have to sue because I have a shovel and a shotgun.
    A backhoe is the t1ts; not even the dogs can sniff anything if you use a backhoe to dig the hole. Just sayin... :P

    Pappy


    i also have a daughter and that is very good information to have.

    thanks Pappy!

  7. #17
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,813

    Re: At best, Pig Ben's image is shot

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I'm still unsure why people are so quick to believe these chicks are being honest. I'm of the belief that there are many people who have zero idea of the concept of truth. They can't seperate truth from fiction. They lie, slander and libel without remorse. They do not care who they hurt with their words.

    With all of that said, I'm open to the fact that Ben might be a pig. But, that doesn't make him a criminal. And to live in a day where a man can't go into a bar and hit on a woman without getting sued is pretty sad. I really don't care if Ben's a pig. My concern is whether he can play ball. And ball he plays well.
    Shawn do you have a duaghter? If you do or if you had one would you say the same thing?
    Would you feel the same way? And how many more of these for Ben would it take to think maybe there is a problem here?? 2 more? 3 more?

    I have two daughters...so yes I would say the same thing. If my underage daughter is in a club underage drinking that will be an issue. If my daughters put themselves in bad situations they will need to deal with bad results. If a man hits on them and they are not interested a simple no should suffice. I would be highly disappointed if they sued over something like that. I would also be very upset if they were engaging in consensual activities in a public bathroom. In that case, again I would not want them to sue for their own doing. Now if they were forced...they wouldn't have to sue because I have a shovel and a shotgun. If Ben forced himself on this girl...I will not only not support him but I will be first on the cut Ben petition.

    And D it will only take one with some evidence for me to write the man off. Where was the evidence in the first case? If there wasn't any...why are we bringing it up? If there is sufficient evidence to convict Ben of a crime then I won't support him any longer. Until then...I'm rooting for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Now if they were forced...they wouldn't have to sue because I have a shovel and a shotgun.
    A backhoe is the t1ts; not even the dogs can sniff anything if you use a backhoe to dig the hole. Just sayin... :P

    Pappy


    i also have a daughter and that is very good information to have.

    thanks Pappy!
    No problem, I'm always trying to help my Steeler brothers out when I can.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  8. #18
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,160

    Re: At best, Pig Ben's image is shot

    once again, shawn with some great points

  9. #19
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South West Indiana
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: At best, Pig Ben's image is shot

    If this matter goes away either by Ben settling or by no charges being filed, Ben's rep isn't necessarily soiled forever. Alot of people thought Kobe would never be viewed the same way after his mess, but that turned out to not be true.

  10. #20
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,427

    Re: At best, Pig Ben's image is shot

    MANY of the guys in the locker room are slobs. I'd say half the QBs in the leagues are not GQ material.
    BUT why are people on THIS forum proliferating that VERY old stock photo of Ben in the Drink like a Champion shirt. It was after he won the first Super Bowl and I can image he went out drinking a few times after they won.
    Lord knows I did and I wasn't playing!

    Good grief, let's keep things as they are until some shred of proof comes in. There were police there that saw nothing and were with him all night.

    At this point, he's kind of a big goob, much like Bradhaw was. It can be endearing as we all know how little we like Brady who seems a borish ass.

    If he's guilty, then we'll deal with it, but let's not feed the fire.
    He's said he didn't have intercourse with her and that's easy enough to prove. If he did, I doubt he had time to throw on a condom. Did she scream? Even in a dark corner, the cameras had audio, right?

    There's little information out about this. Maybe she just wanted to get out of school and had some bad test scores. She figured she'd try to make some money out of it too. Or maybe he just grabbed her boob and she didn't like it. But from what I've gathered, it was not some throw her in a corner and rape her scenario.
    If it was, there's plenty of time later to crush him.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •