Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ben Roethlisberger should settle with his new accuser

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Ben Roethlisberger should settle with his new accuser

Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    If Ben had any sexual contact with the girl...Settle. For the girls sake...I hope it was consentual and she is nothing more than a gold digger. Because if it was a criminal act he should be punished.

Smarten up and leave those girls be. Burned once...Shame on them. Burned twice...Shame on you. Take your medicine and stop the downward spiral of your career. Payment & Agreement with a gag order on her and put this in the past. Your fault anyway you slice it Ben...Damage control is in your best interest. The educated world knows a settlement doesn't admit guilt in your position. Again, It is in his best interest to put this in the past!

hey Nasty,

great mock draft!

i agree with you that if there was any sexual contact that Ben should settle. but if there wasn't and Ben was indeed innocent of any wrongdoing, there is no way in this world that i personally would settle.
    If nothing at all took place-
    ... no bodily fluids exchanged
    ... no video footage of molestation
    ... no eye witnesses of molestation

Then of course- Ben won't settle.

But, if anything did occur, and the attorneys know about it.
    Ben, IMO, has to try to settle.
    Better to be presumed guilty than to even risk the chance of actually being found guilty.
    I agree 100%. If he is completely innocent, it would be pretty hard to settle this just based on principle, and I couldn't blame him for that. . But in the long run it may be better to just settle it and start getting past it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    If Ben had any sexual contact with the girl...Settle. For the girls sake...I hope it was consentual and she is nothing more than a gold digger. Because if it was a criminal act he should be punished.

Smarten up and leave those girls be. Burned once...Shame on them. Burned twice...Shame on you. Take your medicine and stop the downward spiral of your career. Payment & Agreement with a gag order on her and put this in the past. Your fault anyway you slice it Ben...Damage control is in your best interest. The educated world knows a settlement doesn't admit guilt in your position. Again, It is in his best interest to put this in the past!

hey Nasty,

great mock draft!

i agree with you that if there was any sexual contact that Ben should settle. but if there wasn't and Ben was indeed innocent of any wrongdoing, there is no way in this world that i personally would settle.
    Thanks on the mock.

I feel the same way. If he had any sexual contact he needs to settle. If he didn't...Nothing to worry about.

Starter

User Info Menu

Roethlisberger’s attorney says no sexual assault, Ben "completely innocent"
    I'd imagine that is posturing for the court of public opinion, which in this case includes the NFL and the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Since when is justice for sale (OK, since forever I guess). If Ben assaulted this woman, he should not be able to just buy her off. Sorry, but I think the DA has a responsibility to the public as much as he has to any supposed victim. If there is enough evidence to merit an indictment then he should be indicted just like anybody else would.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by snarky
    ...Sorry, but I think the DA has a responsibility to the public as much as he has to any supposed victim. If there is enough evidence to merit an indictment then he should be indicted just like anybody else would.

That is why I stated that I think he'd need to reach settlement prior to him submitting DNA evidence. (this of course assumes that there were fluids exchanged.)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

...Sorry, but I think the DA has a responsibility to the public as much as he has to any supposed victim. If there is enough evidence to merit an indictment then he should be indicted just like anybody else would.

That is why I stated that I think he'd need to reach settlement prior to him submitting DNA evidence. (this of course assumes that there were fluids exchanged.)
    But she has already filed a report and put stuff on the record. Whether he submits to DNA testing or not, there is a standing allegation that he sexually assaulted her and I don't think that should just go away because she gets a check. Criminal laws exist for the protection of the public not for the compensation of victims.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Since when is justice for sale (OK, since forever I guess). If Ben assaulted this woman, he should not be able to just buy her off. Sorry, but I think the DA has a responsibility to the public as much as he has to any supposed victim. If there is enough evidence to merit an indictment then he should be indicted just like anybody else would.
    I don't think the topic was with the assumption he did sexually assault her....Then should he pay her to keep her quiet. I addressed it as if he had sexual contact with the girl, given the allegations against him that she claims happened, it would be in his best interest to settle. "Sexual contact" implied means consentual. He put himself in this situation. Even if it was totally consentual sex between 2 adults...She made the accusations against him and she holds the cards given who he is & his past incident. He has alot to loose regardless of his innocence or guilt. He shouldn't have put himself in this situation. He should have learned from the first incident. He needs damage control...Even if he isn't guilty of any crime....Damage is done.

If you look at my post, I agree he should be punished if he is guilty.

Starter

User Info Menu

But she has already filed a report and put stuff on the record. Whether he submits to DNA testing or not, there is a standing allegation that he sexually assaulted her and I don't think that should just go away because she gets a check. Criminal laws exist for the protection of the public not for the compensation of victims.
    but- at this stage- if she "changes her mind" about the event, and they have nothing but completely circumstantial evidence. There is no case. DA won't pursue.

just my opinion here-

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think you are missing the point. "The check" isn't to make the crime...If there was one...To just go away. "The check" could be for the protection...You talk about...For Ben Roethlisberger who could be damaged by false allegations that can't be proven otherwise in the court system set up to...."Protect" the criminal. This is a perfect example of how the system works. Everyone immediately tags Ben as the criminal and the girl as the victim. Why???? Because the public...His peers...Have him guilty until proven innocent. It is our wonderful justice system. Without the facts...Ben could be the victim here of a different crime. She could be the criminal. But it is Ben's burden to prove otherwise...Not her's.

If Ben is guilty of a crime...He deserves no special treatment.

Legend

User Info Menu

Roethlisberger investigation keeps moving

Posted by Mike Florio on March 10, 2010

The details continue to emerge in the Ben Roethlisberger sexual assault case, and in lieu of doing a post every time a new development occurs, we'll simply post an update once per day or two or whenever we think of it.

Our friends at TMZ report that police in Milledgeville have seized security camera footage from the nightclub where the sexual assault allegedly occurred.

Per the report, multiple cameras were placed in several locations throughout the club. Roethlisberger supposedly can be identified in some of the footage.

Meanwhile, TMZ also reports that some comments posted on Facebook and Twitter by the accuser's sorority sisters have been removed, at the direct instruction of the sorority to which the women belong. We'd heard, admittedly second hand, that some of the messages might have actually indicated that Roethlisberger didn't do what he allegedly did.

Finally, the second set of sexual assault allegations has created a critical mass of sorts regarding the perception that Roethlisberger is a jerk. Talk radio in Pittsburgh has been flooded with accounts of boorish behavior by Big Ben, and Colin Cowherd of ESPN Radio pointed out during his Tuesday show that there are many in the media who have stories to share about Roethlisberger being a butthole.

"Difficult, ego, likes to be a big fish in a small pond, treats people poorly," Cowherd said of the things he has heard from folks in the business about Ben Roethlisberger. "It's been eye-opening to me. Roethlisberger's made some enemies."

We've heard several of the same stories from media types we trust, making it hard to feel badly about any consequences that such behavior might trigger, regardless of whether a crime technically was or was not committed.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha