Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok if this goes down like this, who would you prefer??

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Ok if this goes down like this, who would you prefer??

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Not a Haden fan so I pick Weatherspoon. I would also include Brandon Graham ahead of Haden.
    Is he still the top CB in this draft after his poor 40? Or has Wilson closed the gap?
    I thin Haden holds the top spot now, but if he doesn't go sub 4.5 in the 40 at his Pro day then Wilson will likely be right there with him. Again however we are talking about a CB class without much top end talent. Depth=yes. Elite talent=No.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not a Haden fan so I pick Weatherspoon. I would also include Brandon Graham ahead of Haden.
    Is he still the top CB in this draft after his poor 40? Or has Wilson closed the gap?
    I thin Haden holds the top spot now, but if he doesn't go sub 4.5 in the 40 at his Pro day then Wilson will likely be right there with him. Again however we are talking about a CB class without much top end talent. Depth=yes. Elite talent=No.
    wasnt his pro day yesterday? and he didn't break 4.5

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Haden, then Rd. 2 I'd take the BPA from ILB, DL or C. So maybe:

1. Haden
    2. Washington or Lee ILB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Florida's Pro Day is not until March 17th.

See dates [url="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/12977881?tag=pageRow;pageContainer"]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/stor ... eContainer[/url]
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Florida's Pro Day is not until March 17th.

See dates [url="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/12977881?tag=pageRow;pageContainer"]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/stor ... eContainer[/url]
    weird... i just had deja vu like a mo fo

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=Dee Dub]
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub":3fgpu8uf]Joe Haden—CB
    Golden Tate--WR
    Kyle Wilson—CB
    Sean Weatherspoon—ILB

[url="http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d816d8732&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000 ... nfirm=true[/url]

Wow….Jared Odrick going as high as 12. Interesting.

Haden! Tate shouldnt even be in the conversation.
    Not even if these Santonio rumors are true?[/quote:3fgpu8uf]

Regardless of whether the Santonio rumors are true, Tate shouldn't be in the discussion. Ward wants to finish his contract, which runs two more years. Wallace isn't going anywhere. ARE and Battle are both here for three years. Perhaps WR enters the discussion next year, but for now, I think the Steelers should focus on defense and/or building the offensive line.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[quote=phillyesq]
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub":1xl7ksh0]Joe Haden—CB
    Golden Tate--WR
    Kyle Wilson—CB
    Sean Weatherspoon—ILB

[url="http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d816d8732&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000 ... nfirm=true[/url]

Wow….Jared Odrick going as high as 12. Interesting.

Haden! Tate shouldnt even be in the conversation.
    Not even if these Santonio rumors are true?
    Regardless of whether the Santonio rumors are true, Tate shouldn't be in the discussion. Ward wants to finish his contract, which runs two more years. Wallace isn't going anywhere. ARE and Battle are both here for three years. Perhaps WR enters the discussion next year, but for now, I think the Steelers should focus on defense and/or building the offensive line.[/quote:1xl7ksh0]
    Well said. we have (IMO) enough recieving threats (Miller, Ward, Wallace, Holmes, etc). if we bring a guy in for depth later in the draft so be it, but when you have issues at important positions NOW and you can get a stud to fill it you do.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Who would have more impact on the team. A good CB, or a potentially great ILB? I think Weatherspoon would have more of an effect on our defense. I don't want to see us draft a CB in the first based on need, especially if their talent doesn't warrant being picked at #18. I'd be willing to bet money that Haden never makes it to #18 anyway. I'd rather see us trade up in the second to get a CB.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    Who would have more impact on the team. A good CB, or a potentially great ILB? I think Weatherspoon would have more of an effect on our defense. I don't want to see us draft a CB in the first based on need, especially if their talent doesn't warrant being picked at #18. I'd be willing to bet money that Haden never makes it to #18 anyway. I'd rather see us trade up in the second to get a CB.
    I'm in the camp that says that we don't NEED a corner. let's see how burnett and lewis pan out before we write them off.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    Weatherspoon for me. I think it really solidifies the middle of our defense, another area that we got shredded on third down last year. He and Timmons in the middle would be sick. I know he probably won't play next year (even though he probably would on another team), but I'm growing tired of watching Farrior flailing after RB's and TE's. Farrior was a great player in his prime. His prime has passed. Let him be a great mentor now.

Weatherspoon or Rolando McClain if he drops to us. McClain just ran a 4.74 at his Pro Day and is expected to be drafted in the middle of Round 1 somewhere.

Alabama Pro Day
    March 10, 2010

Alabama cornerback Javier Arenas helped his NFL stock with a faster-than-expected forty time at the combine (4.52), but it came with a price.

Arenas pulled his hamstring and was unable to participate in Wednesday's pro day. He will work out for scouts on March 30. Expected to be a nickel cornerback and special teams standout as a pro, Arenas could get taken as high as the second round.

Meanwhile "Mount Cody" continues to erode. NFL Network's Steve Wyche reports that defensive tackle Terrence Cody weighed in at 349 pounds, five less than he was at the combine. He was 370 pounds at the Senior Bowl. Before long, he'll be down to Wilforkian levels.

Finally, word is linebacker Rolando McClain ran a 4.74 forty. That's about what he was expected to do; McClain seems likely to get taken in the middle of the first round.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha