Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ok if this goes down like this, who would you prefer??

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Ok if this goes down like this, who would you prefer??

I like Weatherspoon over McClain myself. I think McClain is too slow. He seems better suited as a MLB in a 4-3. I bet the Giants pick him.

Legend

User Info Menu

One position everyone seems to ignore is RB. With Parker gone, all we have is Mendenhall and Moore. If the Steelers don't pick someone up in FA (which they already tried with Chester Taylor), I can see them going RB within the first three rounds of the draft.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    I like Weatherspoon over McClain myself. I think McClain is too slow. He seems better suited as a MLB in a 4-3. I bet the Giants pick him.
    I don’t know…he excelled in Saban’s 3-4…why wouldn’t he do so at the next level?
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[quote=Dee Dub]
    Quote Originally Posted by "NW Steeler":3g58om2h
    I don’t know…he excelled in Saban’s 3-4…why wouldn’t he do so at the next level?[/quote:3g58om2h]

Good point, he did. But the speed in the NFL is another beast. He probably will be a very good or even great player. I just feel that Weatherspoon will be the better pick for the Steelers. Then again, they both could be busts. That is the beauty of the draft.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[quote=NW Steeler][quote="Dee Dub":24883elq]
    Quote Originally Posted by "NW Steeler":24883elq
    I don’t know…he excelled in Saban’s 3-4…why wouldn’t he do so at the next level?[/quote:24883elq]

Good point, he did. But the speed in the NFL is another beast. He probably will be a very good or even great player. I just feel that Weatherspoon will be the better pick for the Steelers. Then again, they both could be busts. That is the beauty of the draft.[/quote:24883elq]

On that inside Middle LB spot he doesnt need to be a track star. Now having said that I too am leaning more towards Weatherspoon. There's just something special about that guy. I think he is going to be a difference maker.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    One position everyone seems to ignore is RB. With Parker gone, all we have is Mendenhall and Moore. If the Steelers don't pick someone up in FA (which they already tried with Chester Taylor), I can see them going RB within the first three rounds of the draft.
    I haven't. CJ Spiller at #18.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    I haven't. CJ Spiller at #18.
    If they don't go CB, I'd be happy with Spiller.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[quote=Dee Dub]
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub":mmzd2kst]Joe Haden—CB
    Golden Tate--WR
    Kyle Wilson—CB
    Sean Weatherspoon—ILB

[url="http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d816d8732&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000 ... nfirm=true[/url]

Wow….Jared Odrick going as high as 12. Interesting.

Haden! Tate shouldnt even be in the conversation.
    Not even if these Santonio rumors are true?[/quote:mmzd2kst]

Even if they are true, which I have no reason to believe they are, Mike Wallace can hold down the spot for 4 games.