Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More Ben News....yada, yada

Legend

Re: More Ben News....yada, yada

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    just sticking to the facts sir...

McNulty isn't a shining beacon of self confidence.
    McNulty is not the accuser in this case, so you aren't sticking to facts. You are making assumptions.
    jeez... you really think word playing me will change history huh?

I clearly stated Ben's past transgressions that were made public was his chain/target around his neck for another girl to go for the gold.

I'm not making assumptions.. Ben boinked a crazy chick.. it is a fact.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoscott
    why should Ben's name be dragged through the mud and this broad gets to keep her anonymity? Sorry if this has been discussed.....

is this normal because she is the accuser?
    yep...

imagine how hard it would be for rape victims if their name was splashed across the headlines. McNulty is a nut but Steeler nuts and wacko's were calling with death threats.

but she is not a rape victim. So far she is just someone slinging mud. I dont see why she gets to be anonymous....
    I don't know what she is right now but every day women are assaulted...

if you publish their names less victims will come forward.

Are you saying there is no victim until the trial is over?

I'm not getting into rape vs. sexual assault because each state is different and I'm just talking about why neither should have their names published.

If she goes civil her name will be published and rightfully so. What exactly will her name do to help this case?

Do you want her name in the news so you can bash her? Call her up and threaten her? I don't understand why it's so important. She may be lying.. but my point is the other thousands of girls who aren't lying would be less inclined to come forward and guys would be free to assault my sister, neice, wife etc.

easy killer....i was just TRYING to ask why it is okay to have Ben's name out in the public and not hers.

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    just sticking to the facts sir...

McNulty isn't a shining beacon of self confidence.
    McNulty is not the accuser in this case, so you aren't sticking to facts. You are making assumptions.
    jeez... you really think word playing me will change history huh?

I clearly stated Ben's past transgressions that were made public was his chain/target around his neck for another girl to go for the gold.

I'm not making assumptions.. Ben boinked a crazy chick.. it is a fact.
    Let this be a lesson to you kids. Never debate with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level and whoop you with experience.

Wow....

why should Ben's name be dragged through the mud and this broad gets to keep her anonymity? Sorry if this has been discussed.....

yep...

imagine how hard it would be for rape victims if their name was splashed across the headlines. McNulty is a nut but Steeler nuts and wacko's were calling with death threats.

but she is not a rape victim. So far she is just someone slinging mud. I dont see why she gets to be anonymous....

I'm not getting into rape vs. sexual assault because each state is different and I'm just talking about why neither should have their names published.

If she goes civil her name will be published and rightfully so. What exactly will her name do to help this case?

Do you want her name in the news so you can bash her? Call her up and threaten her? I don't understand why it's so important. She may be lying.. but my point is the other thousands of girls who aren't lying would be less inclined to come forward and guys would be free to assault my sister, neice, wife etc.
    Feltdizz, you pretty much summed-up the rationale behind not disclosing the name of victims of sexual assualt/rape, alleged or otherwise. A lot of these victims don't come forward, and it is sound public policy to encourage victims of these crimes to come forward.

I don't think that the alleged perpetrator should be named, either, but that is just me.

As for the McNulty case, I'm not sure of the exact procedural mechanisms available in Nevada, but you can generally file a case under seal. McNulty's attorney did not do so because he wanted the publicity, hoping it would force Ben into a settlement.

Cruzer for the first time in a long time...I agree with Dizz. I don't fault Ben for being stupid or irresponsible or anything of the like. I do think he is attracted to women who he feels superior to...crazy asc chicks with zero self esteem. This would also answer the question why Ben is getting hit with more of these problems. Women with low self esteem are just like Dizz describes...and I surely wouldn't put it past one of them to file a false report for quick cash.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq

yep...

Feltdizz, you pretty much summed-up the rationale behind not disclosing the name of victims of sexual assualt/rape, alleged or otherwise. A lot of these victims don't come forward, and it is sound public policy to encourage victims of these crimes to come forward.

I don't think that the alleged perpetrator should be named, either, but that is just me.

As for the McNulty case, I'm not sure of the exact procedural mechanisms available in Nevada, but you can generally file a case under seal. McNulty's attorney did not do so because he wanted the publicity, hoping it would force Ben into a settlement.
    Agreed...alleged perp and victim should be protected unless their is a conviction.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq

I understand why not naming the possible victim is used. I just don't like the idea that it allows for too much protection in their court. It seems to swing the pendulum of this problem too far against the accused.

Some public accountability for the accuser will probably stem the abuse of these types of cases. That idea seems to be ignored in this debate.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Hall of Famer

I've seen people from all walks of life totally get screwed by the media in these kinds of cases. a guy here in florida was accused of screwing a student and it was later found out that she was just ticked because she failed his class. now he can't get a job because of it. they shouldn't be allowed to post ANYONES name in these kinds of cases.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    I've seen people from all walks of life totally get screwed by the media in these kinds of cases. a guy here in florida was accused of screwing a student and it was later found out that she was just ticked because she failed his class. now he can't get a job because of it. they shouldn't be allowed to post ANYONES name in these kinds of cases.
    The media is killing Ben. I was flying around the country yesterday and each airport I was in, Ben was all over the TVs, no matter what channel was on. I was an airport in Indiana having lunch and another customer screamed, "leave Ben alone, geesus they're killing this guy" He was wearing a Cowboys hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Cruzer for the first time in a long time...I agree with Dizz. I don't fault Ben for being stupid or irresponsible or anything of the like. I do think he is attracted to women who he feels superior to...crazy asc chicks with zero self esteem. This would also answer the question why Ben is getting hit with more of these problems. Women with low self esteem are just like Dizz describes...and I surely wouldn't put it past one of them to file a false report for quick cash.
    He has a $100 million contract.

So who does he not feel superior to? Oprah???