Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DNA Dames Need Attorneys

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

DNA Dames Need Attorneys

I guess they want to get Bens DNA as far as I understand. If they want to get Bens DNA wouldn't it makes sense to believe, they are trying to match up DNA ?

What are the chances that Ben does have DNA on or in this girl ? Do you think she requested a DNA test at the hospital? With these kind of charges or crimes, do the police check the victim for DNA to see if possibly the victim is telling a lie ?
    Maybe the DNA test will clear Ben ?

For the police to say they need to get Bens DNA they must have some that was found on the girl. I wonder if it is Bens DNA, someone elses or even the girls own DNA ? The police won't know until they check Ben.

Say it is Bens DNA, does that automatically make him guilty ? What if it is just slobber ? Ben was a rookie under Cowher, who knows what all Cowher taught him.

What if this chick decided to make out with Ben, his DNA is there and now she is yelling what she is yelling ? Has Ben said anything like, I never touched her, or we did get busy but she was a willing partner.

All freakin reasons if he is innocent on why he should still use some common sense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: DNA Dames Need Attorneys

I would say they are not only looking on her but in the bathroom to make a match. If they find Ben's DNA on her and in the bathroom...this case becomes alot more complicated.

But let's say there is no Ben DNA in the bathroom. None vaginally. No scratches or bruises...no witness seeing the "incident"...well nothing will come of it. I think the next week will be very telling if law enforcement is willing to share evidence.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Any time DNA is requested...It isn't good. This tells me Ben & her story are far apart. More than likely, Ben is denying physical contact. Just my take...

Backup

User Info Menu

It's simple: No charges filed, no DNA provided.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drprwnap
    It's simple: No charges filed, no DNA provided.
    I don't think charges need to be filed for them to request DNA. I think it is his right to decline without being charged but we know where that will go.

Backup

User Info Menu

It doesn't matter whether or not Ben is charged. A court order or a subpoena will be needed to get a DNA sample. And there will be no problem getting a court order or subpoena in this case.

If the DNA matches, then it comes down to whether or not the sex was consensual. (Assuming that the allegations involve sex since we don't know exactly what the allegations are). If this is the case it can come down to "he said, she said", which can be enough to charge someone but hard to convict someone. They would need other physical signs that the sex was not consensual or another witness that saw something to back up her story.

Something like that could lead to an out of court settlement, with the charges being dropped.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I heard the term "sexual manipulation" last night on the radio in an interview with Ben's attorney. I've never heard that before. The lawyer declined to give a definition of that term. This doesn't sound like they had intercourse to me, but why are they asking for DNA? And isn't sexual assault different than rape? If he forced her to have sex, then this would be a rape charge, not sexual assault. Sexual manipulation? Really?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    I heard the term "sexual manipulation" last night on the radio in an interview with Ben's attorney. I've never heard that before. The lawyer declined to give a definition of that term. This doesn't sound like they had intercourse to me, but why are they asking for DNA? And isn't sexual assault different than rape? If he forced her to have sex, then this would be a rape charge, not sexual assault. Sexual manipulation? Really?
    I have the same questions as you. These are questions that the media should be asking or answering. Every state is different with their laws. I has been disappointed that the media has not answered these questions.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Does anyone here really think Ben didn't "do her"? C'mon, Ben is a red blooded american male and he had this young thing hanging on him the entire night. We know he doesn't have the greatest taste in women (see McNutty) so it's really not a stretch that he scored.

That doesn't have anything to do whether he is guilty of sexual assault but the DNA tests will just confirm what most of us have already concluded. Sex occurred ... the question is whether it was consentual or not. I don't know Ben but I have a hard time believing he would be stupid enough to force himself on someone. He might not be the brightest bulb in the box but he couldn't be that dim ... could he?
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No, I don't believe that he forced her to do anything. That is why I find this whole "sexual manipulation" thing to be interesting.