Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for the board elders

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Question for the board elders

In his HOF induction speech, Mean Joe said The Chief gave our organization the class and dignity that it possesses. So my question is, would he have tolerated all this garbage from Ben, Santonio or even Harrison's assault charges a few years back. Sure we got rid of Ced after he punched his girl a few too many times, but he was on his way out anyway.

So what do you guys think? Would The Chief have put up with this crap or dumped these guys?

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Question for the board elders

Even with all the Cheifs ideals he wouldn't have been ignorant enough to drop his franchise QB over some "bad judgement". Unless there is something substantial he would have stayed. Now with Holmes? Ehh...I mean how many chances do you give the guy? I'm torn on the issue. We need him but I'm not sure he will ever get it. With at least a 4 game suspension coming his way...the Steelers might make an example of him. I think the Cheif would have. I know he wouldn't have tolerated Reed's nonsense.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Even with all the Cheifs ideals he wouldn't have been ignorant enough to drop his franchise QB over some "bad judgement". Unless there is something substantial he would have stayed. Now with Holmes? Ehh...I mean how many chances do you give the guy? I'm torn on the issue. We need him but I'm not sure he will ever get it. With at least a 4 game suspension coming his way...the Steelers might make an example of him. I think the Cheif would have. I know he wouldn't have tolerated Reed's nonsense.

perfectly said

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

To paraphrase Snickers ad "Who is the Cheif?"

Sorry -- couldn't resist.

EDIT: I had to fix this. lol. I couldn't even tell the joke right.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Is that Holmes with a suspension coming? Did I miss something significant?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock

Yeah failed another drug test. Minimum 4 game suspension.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Rumor has it from a fourth hand source, that Holmes failed another drug test and has a 4 week suspension coming. The confirmation may be out there in the internet somewhere but i have not run across it yet. Its good to be up to the minute on the newest information but I think we have rushed to judgement on this board in this case.

If Bam Morris is any example, and if it turns out to be true, Holmes will be packing his bags. I think the Chief set a high standard for personal conduct, and Noll Cowher and Tomlin have followed his lead.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock

Yeah failed another drug test. Minimum 4 game suspension.

allegedly, but i don't believe it. Santonio has come a long way in his life, i think this is just an unfounded rumor.

Santonio Holmes reveals his drug-dealing past

Santonio Holmes arrived in Tampa for the Super Bowl still hiding a secret that he had shared with only a few people. But now the Pittsburgh Steelers' receiver is letting the world know he once was a drug dealer as a teenager.

"I've only told three or four people maybe throughout my lifetime about that, and at the moment I felt like it was time to share things," Holmes told reporters at the Super Bowl.

Holmes told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review he opened up about his past now, to show how far he has come. "If I continued down that path, I wouldn't be here," Holmes said.

Holmes said he sold drugs in the small, impoverished Florida town of Belle Glade. He wouldn't specify what type of drugs he sold. His admission -- made first to the Miami Herald -- also reopened discussion of his misdemeanor charge last year for possession of marijuana. He was pulled over by police and admitted that marijuana cigarettes found in his vehicle were his.

"I've never failed a drug test in my life, so I wasn't too concerned," said Holmes, was deactivated one game as a result. "Most of the guys were frustrated at the fact I didn't play, but they all understand and respect the decision Coach Tomlin made. I deserved it."

Holmes' admission also led Steelers' receiver Nate Washington to admit he also was tempted to sell drugs while growing up in Toledo, Ohio.

"You see your mom struggle and cry because lights are being turned off and gas isn't working anymore, you've got to do what you've got to do," Washington told the Tribune-Review.

Added Pittsburgh tackle Willie Colon, who grew up in the Bronx: "I don't think it's right to sell drugs at all . . . At the same time, when you look around and your brother's hungry and you've got holes in your shoes and your mother's working four or five jobs? You're going to do something."
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I hope its not true about Holmes, but I would've never posted it if I didn't trust the source.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    I hope its not true about Holmes, but I would've never posted it if I didn't trust the source.

i really like Santonio Holmes a lot, hope your source is wrong.

i have all of Santonio's rookie cards, would hate to see them go down in value...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha