Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: More bad news re: Holmes

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: More bad news re: Holmes

Perhaps he feels the fans don't like him or is feeling uncomfortable/embarrassed about past drops. I too hope he can prove himself.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by spyboots
    The receiver missing will be Sweed. Per his agent, Sweed requested a trade or release.

[url="http://twitter.com/insidepghsports"]http://twitter.com/insidepghsports[/url]

wonder if anyone would give us a draft choice for Sweed? probably why we haven't just released him outright yet...
    No one will give up more than a 7th for a WR with a bad case of the dropsies. But, I would say any interested partner will just wait for his release.
    Bring Limas to camp, let him compete and show his skills, then decide. Maybe at least he'd show trade value. I hope Tomlin and coaches work with him to motivate him to at least compete here.
    Camp and practice isn't Sweed's problem.

I always felt he couldn't do enough to make up for the past. Regardless of how many TD's he catches fans will always talk up his drops.

I really hope he catches on somewhere else and has a good career. I would hate for him to leave the NFL without any success.

It's like Bettis and the fumble... if we lost that game his whole legacy and future changes.

Redemption, as a Steeler, might be the sweetest success he could achieve. I'm rooting for him, in any case.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Holmes has never done drugs per his website (1/30/09 article):
    “Everybody that knows me knows I have never done drugs,” Holmes said yesterday. “I have never failed a drug test. I just happened to have it in my vehicle at the time. Someone else was driving it.”
    [url]http://www.santonioholmes10.com/articles/santonio-traces-speed-to-humble-rabbit-chasing-roots[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    phillyesq,
    I am a local dammit!
    I thought you were an Ohioan?

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I thought it was pretty ridiculous how some on this board were condemning Ben after the initial reports of his latest meltdown came out. At least in that case there were reports. From legitimate media sources, the team, and the police.

This thread is full of people ragging on Holmes based on a story SN1 heard from "a friend of a friend of a friend". Are you kidding me? Did I miss something more quasi-official?

Just because it fits with the Randle El story doesn't make it true. It may very well wind up being true. But until it at least looks like it might be true...STFU people!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    I thought it was pretty ridiculous how some on this board were condemning Ben after the initial reports of his latest meltdown came out. At least in that case there were reports. From legitimate media sources, the team, and the police.

This thread is full of people ragging on Holmes based on a story SN1 heard from "a friend of a friend of a friend". Are you kidding me? Did I miss something more quasi-official?

Just because it fits with the Randle El story doesn't make it true. It may very well wind up being true. But until it at least looks like it might be true...STFU people!
    Not many are "ragging on" Holmes. Like I've said countless times now, I hope its not true, but the guy who told me is pretty reliable.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    phillyesq,
    I am a local dammit!
    I thought you were an Ohioan?

Pappy
    Meh. In my mind I live dahntahn baby!
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel

some guys like to make sure every post they make is factual, punctuated and doesn't contain the word never, always or use percentages that are 100% accurate.

others don't care, iike to debate the rumors and hot off the presser stories.

if Holmes isn't in trouble we are happy... the thread dies and another one is born.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Starter

User Info Menu

He absolutely MUST be guilty!

Backup

User Info Menu

Friend of a friend of a friend told me Santonio failed another drug test and will be suspended 4 games at the start of next season. That's why we signed El and Battle. Not 100% sure its true so take it for what its worth. This offseason has been awesome so far
    Well, my cousin's mother's sister's brother that knows Santonio said it's not true!

Come on, friend of a friend of a friend