Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Randle El….the NUMBER 3?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Randle El….the NUMBER 3?

``We've talked about just playing No. 3 receiver. That's all we talked about. I'm not even sure about punt return, now that I think about it. The way I always look at it, I'm going to go in and be No. 3.’’

[url="http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs/bobsmizik/default.aspx"]http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs ... fault.aspx[/url]

So what does that mean? What happened to Mike Wallace?? How can ARE be brought back and told he will be the #3? Would the Steelers be considering the unthinkable? Is there a trade in the works? No way they trade Hines Ward. And no way they trade a talented young player like Wallace. Do they think Wallace is good enough to be the number 2…or maybe the number one….one day soon? If ARE was brought back to be the #3 and Arnaz Battle the #4 does this mean that maybe…Santonio Holmes may get shopped??

Hmmmmm???
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Randle El….the NUMBER 3?

talk is talk...are wont be the #3 unless there is an injury and no way will they shop any of our wrs
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

No. Mike Wallace is the #3. Randle El is #4. Battle is a merely a special teamer and should only factor into the passing game if injuries strike (his familiarity with our new ST coach Everest is why he was signed).

Wallace and El play different roles, though. Wallace is obviously the deep burner, while ARE will be an underneath slot guy. In certain situations, the team may choose to use El's skill set instead of Wallace, but in general, Wallace should be #3...no doubt in my mind about that.

I think the #3 talk was only a recruiting pitch. If they came to El and told him that he would only compete for the #4 WR spot, he likely wouldn't have signed (even though, that is the overwhelming reality he's facing here).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

ARE will be the 3.1 WR

Maybe Hines is still hurt?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I believe what he means by the No. 3 is the slot. Which is where he will play. That or Hines is going to retire. Which would make him the number 3 behind starters Wallace and Holmes.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    ARE will be the 3.1 WR

Maybe Hines is still hurt?
    Was thinking the same thing. Didn't he finish the season on TWO TORN hamstrings?
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    No. Mike Wallace is the #3. Randle El is #4. Battle is a merely a special teamer and should only factor into the passing game if injuries strike (his familiarity with our new ST coach Everest is why he was signed).

Wallace and El play different roles, though. Wallace is obviously the deep burner, while ARE will be an underneath slot guy. In certain situations, the team may choose to use El's skill set instead of Wallace, but in general, Wallace should be #3...no doubt in my mind about that.

I think the #3 talk was only a recruiting pitch. If they came to El and told him that he would only compete for the #4 WR spot, he likely wouldn't have signed (even though, that is the overwhelming reality he's facing here).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I got it- Hines is gonna play FB.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    talk is talk...are wont be the #3 unless there is an injury and no way will they shop any of our wrs
    That’s not what the Steelers told him. See the article. And the contract given would suggest that he is telling the truth.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Lets also keep in mind, ARE has had three straight 50 reception seasons. That at a minimum is #3 receiver.