Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: So.....who is next?

  1. #1
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,588

    So.....who is next?

    After an unprecedented day of Steeler spending, who will be the next FA that Tomlin & Co will add to their motley collection of NFL hardmen?
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  2. #2
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    2,319

    Re: So.....who is next?

    Are the Steelers really all that better off than last season after these signings? None of them change the dynamic of what they still need.

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    4,039

    Re: So.....who is next?

    Spending Spree?

    I don't know.

    Clark - less than 4 mil per
    Battle- a little more than 1 mil per
    Scott- likely a small contract
    Allen - a little more than 1 mil per
    El - ?????? couldn't be more than 3 mil per (I hope)

    That is only about 10 mill per (at most).

    Last year we committed a lot more dollars in resigning Harrison, Keisel, Miller, Ward, etc.

    I would agree that it is a lot more UFAs than we normally sign. But, most of them are depth guys/special teamers. Clark is the only starter.

    Who is next? Holmes and Woodley maybe. The steelers have lots of leverage with no CBA. Holmes and Woodley can both be retained on the cheap until they have played for 6 seasons. Colon is the other option. But, I'd like to see him eliminate the mental mistakes first.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,499

    Re: So.....who is next?

    Since the Steelers showed some interest in Bodden, perhaps CB is still on their wish list. Maybe Sheppard or Buchanon at CB for insurance.

    Then as someone stated, taking care of their own. Guys in their last year who figure into the long term. Holmes, Woodley, etc.



  5. #5
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    16,063

    Re: So.....who is next?

    we can all cross the possibility of Larry Foote returning off the list, he has some unrealistic contract demands -


    Larry Foote looking for contact similar to Fujita's

    Tue, 09 Mar 2010


    Jason La Canfora, of the NFL Network, reports unrestricted free-agent LB Larry Foote (Lions) is looking for a deal that exceeds what Cleveland Browns LB Scott Fujita received, according to a source. Fujita received a three-year deal worth $14 million with $8 million guaranteed.

  6. #6
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,588

    Re: So.....who is next?

    Spending Spree?

    I don't know.

    Clark - less than 4 mil per
    Battle- a little more than 1 mil per
    Scott- likely a small contract
    Allen - a little more than 1 mil per
    El - ?????? couldn't be more than 3 mil per (I hope)

    That is only about 10 mill per (at most).
    You might be taking Chadman a touch too literally..

    It's fun though, to see so many new faces.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  7. #7
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,335

    Re: So.....who is next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    Are the Steelers really all that better off than last season after these signings? None of them change the dynamic of what they still need.
    That's exactly right it gives them depth in case of injury. Their needs are still exactly where they were prior to making these signings and I'm still hoping for Earl thomas to make it to 1.18. He provides value and versatility both things that the current Steeler management love.

    The Steelers are better off in the fact that Tyrone Carter and Ryan Mundy aren't the options if Troy gets hurt. I believe El to be better than whoever was #4 last year and if something does happen with Holmes (legally) then Ward, Wallace and El still give the Steelers a nice passing game threat.

    I'd like to see a real backup RB get signed then they won't be tempted if Spiller happens to fall to 1.18 (just for you Oviedo :P )

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  8. #8
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    22,014

    Re: So.....who is next?

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    I'd like to see a real backup RB get signed then they won't be tempted if Spiller happens to fall to 1.18 (just for you Oviedo :P )
    What about Tomlinson? Yeah, he is nowhere near what he once was, but in a secondary role, he could still contribute (and last longer). I think we want Mendenhall to be able to play a role similar to the one LaDainian played back in his prime, so who better to show him the ropes? Everyone assumes that he still wants to be a starter and get paid starter's money, but he is also hungry for a ring after getting close and falling short so many times (he is reportedly interested in Minnesota to play the old Chester Taylor role behind Adrian Peterson). If he is willing to play a backup role on a contender there, then why not here? If the Price is Right, of course...


  9. #9
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    16,063

    Re: So.....who is next?

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    I'd like to see a real backup RB get signed then they won't be tempted if Spiller happens to fall to 1.18 (just for you Oviedo :P )
    What about Tomlinson? Yeah, he is nowhere near what he once was, but in a secondary role, he could still contribute (and last longer). I think we want Mendenhall to be able to play a role similar to the one LaDainian played back in his prime, so who better to show him the ropes? Everyone assumes that he still wants to be a starter and get paid starter's money, but he is also hungry for a ring after getting close and falling short so many times (he is reportedly interested in Minnesota to play the old Chester Taylor role behind Adrian Peterson). If he is willing to play a backup role on a contender there, then why not here? If the Price is Right, of course...


    i would have liked to have seen us sign Thomas Jones, the Chiefs were able to sign him to a two-year, $5 million contract. seems very reasonable, how much $ do you suppose LT is asking for?

  10. #10
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,859

    Re: So.....who is next?

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    Are the Steelers really all that better off than last season after these signings? None of them change the dynamic of what they still need.
    That's exactly right it gives them depth in case of injury. Their needs are still exactly where they were prior to making these signings and I'm still hoping for Earl thomas to make it to 1.18. He provides value and versatility both things that the current Steeler management love.

    The Steelers are better off in the fact that Tyrone Carter and Ryan Mundy aren't the options if Troy gets hurt. I believe El to be better than whoever was #4 last year and if something does happen with Holmes (legally) then Ward, Wallace and El still give the Steelers a nice passing game threat.

    I'd like to see a real backup RB get signed then they won't be tempted if Spiller happens to fall to 1.18 (just for you Oviedo :P )

    Pappy
    Nice to know you are always thinking about me.

    Instead of "Hail Mary's" you can start with CJ! CJ! CJ! CJ! That is what we will hear at Heinz Field after he takes back his first 50+ yard return.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •