Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Post FA Splash Mock

  1. #1

    Post FA Splash Mock

    hot off the press
    Trade our 1/15 to SF for 1/29 & 2/56

    1) Kyle Fuller-CB-Va Tech
    2) Jordan Mathews-WR-Vandy
    2) Brandon Thomas-OL-Clemson
    3c) Kelsey Quarles-DE-South Carolina
    4) Lache Seastrunk-RB-Baylor
    5))Prince Shembo-OLB-Notre Dame
    5c) Khyri Thornton-DT-Southern Miss
    6) Aron Colvin-DB-Oklahoma
    6c)Max BulloughILB-Mich St
    7) Henry Josey-RB-Missouri













  2. #2
    Pro Bowler Lebsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    1,004

    Re: Post FA Splash Mock

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    hot off the press
    Spoon and McCourty would be great and if we could get Gerhart in the 3rd round, I'd be very happy. Not a bad idea to trade some picks to get another 3rd rounder. My preference would be to take DL or OLB rather than OT. I'd wait until Rd. 5 to take a backup OL.

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler calmkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,301

    Re: Post FA Splash Mock

    Those picks could be used to trade up in the first as well. Which could be what we are planning.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!


    Draft 1.0

    1. Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3comp. Charles Sims, RB, WVU
    4. Dion Bailey, FS, USC
    5a. Will Clarke, DE, WVU
    5b. Walt Aikens, CB, Liberty
    6. Jeff Janis, WR, Saginaw Valley
    7a. Devon Keynard, OLB, USC
    7b. Eathyn Manumaleuna, DT, BYU

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    3,887

    Re: Post FA Splash Mock

    Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    hot off the press
    Spoon and McCourty would be great and if we could get Gerhart in the 3rd round, I'd be very happy. Not a bad idea to trade some picks to get another 3rd rounder. My preference would be to take DL or OLB rather than OT. I'd wait until Rd. 5 to take a backup OL.
    I generally agree. But, if we wait until round 5, we might as well not take any OL. We have tons of round 5 talent and depth on this line already. I'd go OL in rounds 1-3 IF someone good falls to us. We really do need help on the line. C and RG could be upgraded immediately. We also need to find another OT as Colon is likely gone next season and we don't have anyone capable to back up Max.
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler Lebsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    1,004

    Re: Post FA Splash Mock

    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    hot off the press
    Spoon and McCourty would be great and if we could get Gerhart in the 3rd round, I'd be very happy. Not a bad idea to trade some picks to get another 3rd rounder. My preference would be to take DL or OLB rather than OT. I'd wait until Rd. 5 to take a backup OL.
    I generally agree. But, if we wait until round 5, we might as well not take any OL. We have tons of round 5 talent and depth on this line already. I'd go OL in rounds 1-3 IF someone good falls to us. We really do need help on the line. C and RG could be upgraded immediately. We also need to find another OT as Colon is likely gone next season and we don't have anyone capable to back up Max.
    I think I've read that Colon could be tendered next year as well due to no CBA. So, I'd plan on Colon for two more years.

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    3,887

    Re: Post FA Splash Mock

    Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    hot off the press
    Spoon and McCourty would be great and if we could get Gerhart in the 3rd round, I'd be very happy. Not a bad idea to trade some picks to get another 3rd rounder. My preference would be to take DL or OLB rather than OT. I'd wait until Rd. 5 to take a backup OL.
    I generally agree. But, if we wait until round 5, we might as well not take any OL. We have tons of round 5 talent and depth on this line already. I'd go OL in rounds 1-3 IF someone good falls to us. We really do need help on the line. C and RG could be upgraded immediately. We also need to find another OT as Colon is likely gone next season and we don't have anyone capable to back up Max.
    I think I've read that Colon could be tendered next year as well due to no CBA. So, I'd plan on Colon for two more years.
    That may happen. But, if there is a new CBA by next season, he would probably be a UFA. If there isn't a new CBA, there could very likely be a work stoppage.
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

  7. #7

    Re: Post FA Splash Mock

    I think we will take Pouncey in round one (assuming McClain and Thomas are both gone). He is my favorite OL. I am starting to see a few mock drafts with Pouncey as the pick. I think he will be a terrific center.
    The Steelers’ went through seven consecutive drafts (2003-09) without taking an offensive lineman in the first two rounds, the longest such streak by any franchise this century.

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Yakima, Washington, United States
    Posts
    1,380

    Re: Post FA Splash Mock

    Weatherspoon, Odrick, & Thomas would all be on my wishlist before Pouncey. Maybe a trade down if all of those guys are gone (to pick Pouncey) and package some picks to move up in the second? Something has to be added to the secondary regardless of what Lewis and Burnett have to offer.

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler calmkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,301

    Re: Post FA Splash Mock

    At this point its all up in the air. If we get the Comp picks we are projected to receive we will have 10 picks this year. There is no way we draft 10 players again is there? I think we will do alot of moving around this year. Up in rounds is my guess.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!


    Draft 1.0

    1. Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3comp. Charles Sims, RB, WVU
    4. Dion Bailey, FS, USC
    5a. Will Clarke, DE, WVU
    5b. Walt Aikens, CB, Liberty
    6. Jeff Janis, WR, Saginaw Valley
    7a. Devon Keynard, OLB, USC
    7b. Eathyn Manumaleuna, DT, BYU

  10. #10
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    888

    Re: Post FA Splash Mock

    I think if Haden or McClain fall to 10- you could see the Steelers move up.

    But- there are sure to be other teams with the same idea. Jacksonville, imo, is definitely going to trade down for more picks.

    If those guys don't slide-

    unless some other player they really want or see as great value at 18 slides (eg Mendenhall)

    I believe they are going to trade down in the first.

    I think they'll look at Odrick or Pouncey at that pick. (Hartwig is on his final year- and not the long term answer)

    I think the team then uses extra picks to move up in the 2nd to get a corner. It would be great to see McCourty there- I dont think he is going to last until late 2nd though.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •