Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers | Clark agrees to terms

Pro Bowler

Re: Ryan Clark agrees to return to the Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    this is great news, hope the report is accurate!

Steelers | Clark agrees to terms

Mon, 08 Mar 2010

Allen Wilson, of the National Football Post, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers have agreed to terms with unrestricted free-agent FS Ryan Clark (Steelers), according to a league source. Terms of the contract were not disclosed.
    I am shocked! I thought he was 100% Miami bound. Thank God!!!

Legend

Re: Steelers | Clark agrees to terms

I love our FO. This is great news. I thought for sure Clark was a Dolphin.

Glad to have Clark back. Does this mean we are targetting Haden in the first? CB or ILB or DL me thinks.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Draft 2.0

1. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3. Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
    4. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    5b. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    6a. Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College
    6b. Glen Stanley, OLB, Albany St
    7. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    Glad to have Clark back. Does this mean we are targetting Haden in the first? CB or ILB or DL me thinks.

or Mike Iupati?

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Well, put this down as the oddest start to FA in a long time in Steel Country.

Not a bad thing- stocking up the back-up talent, means the team can rotate in & out fresh players without much of a drop-off in talent.

It certainly looks like the FO is preparing for something come Draft Day....will Tomlin get the CB he wanted when he missed on Revis?
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman

Well, put this down as the oddest start to FA in a long time in Steel Country.

Not a bad thing- stocking up the back-up talent, means the team can rotate in & out fresh players without much of a drop-off in talent.

It certainly looks like the FO is preparing for something come Draft Day....will Tomlin get the CB he wanted when he missed on Revis?
    That cornerback could still be Earl Thomas as you have in your mock. I just hope it is not Iupati or another OL. Spiller would be exciting, but I really think it has to be a playmaker on Defense. I hope.

Given that we now have resigned Clark, it would seem like our safeties are set; Troy and Clark as starters and Allen and Mundy as the backups. We still need one good CB, so maybe that will be Thomas, but I'm thinking CB could now be addressed in Rd. 2 with McCourty, Kareem Jackson or Kyle Wilson.

Yeah, had to re-do my mock. Even though Thomas is still a possibility I think he is unlikely.

I think they will either roll with Weatherspoon or Odrick...and either I would be very happy with.

Who knows they could be making a move to pick up Golden Tate.

About this Blog The Pittsburgh Sports Insider Blog gives Pittsburgh sports fans the inside scoop regarding all the local sports teams -- from the professional to the collegiate level! Aside from just hearing about the latest Steelers, Pens, Pirates and Panthers news, sports fans will also be able to voice their opinion and comment on the news/rumors!
    Now you can be the first to get the Sports Insider Scoop by signing up for our new Sports Insider Text Alerts! Text the keyword "Sportsinsider" to 66247. More details at KDKA.com/Wireless

About the AuthorMike Vukovcan has been a sports producer here at KDKA-TV since 1995. Mike was born and raised in Pittsburgh and baseball has always been his favorite sport. Mike is a graduate of Ambridge H.S and Robert Morris University. Mike and his wife, Julie, are proud parents to their son, Ryan.
    Follow Mike On Twitter: @MikeVukKDKA

Mar 8, 2010 8:14 PM
    STEELERS SIGN CLARK & RANDLE EL
    Posted by mvuk
    The Steelers have never been a big player in the free agent market are making big news tonight. Earlier today, they signed Arnaz Battle, Will Allen and Jon Scott, now, we're getting word they've signed 2 familair names.

Multiple outlets are reporting that the team is bringing back Ryan Clark and wide receiver Antwaan Randle-El. Clark visited Miami today but agreed to come back to the Steelers. Allen will take over Tyrone Carter's role as the backup safety.

Randle El, who played here from 2002 to 2005, was cut last week by the Washington Redskins. He'll battle with newly signed Battle for the Steelers #4 wide receiver spot.

The Steelers wide receiver depth chart is pretty much set with Santonio Holmes, Hines Ward, Mike Wallace, Randle-El and Battle.

The Steelers made a much bigger statement today by addressing their special teams problems. Randle El will most likely take over as the Steelers top punt returner. Allen and Battle have made a mark in the league by shining as special team's stars.

Gerry Dulac of the Post-Gazette is reporting that Allen signed a 3-year, $4.4 million deal. ESPN is reporting that Randle-El signed a 3-year deal. Battle reportedly signed a 3-year $4 million deal while Clark reportedly signed for 4-years and $16-$17 million.

Quote Originally Posted by kindlecatsb'ng

Gerry Dulac of the Post-Gazette is reporting that Allen signed a 3-year, $4.4 million deal. ESPN is reporting that Randle-El signed a 3-year deal. Battle reportedly signed a 3-year $4 million deal while Clark reportedly signed for 4-years and $16-$17 million.
    i guess the big question is how much of that is guaranteed? I would bet not much.

Legend

So much for taking a week off and not doing anything in FA, huh?