Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Randle El a Steeler again!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Randle El a Steeler again!

All Chadman will say about Sweed is this- this is what happens when coaches listen to a key player's desires, instead of putting together their own plans.

The Steelers WERE ALWAYS going to grab a BIG WR after Ben said he 'needed' one.

It didn't matter who the BIG WR was, just so long as he was BIG & Ben could throw to him in double coverage, off the back foot, eyes closed & with a coed hanging off one arm.

At the time Chadman & a few others said this was fraught with danger- that it was allowing Ben to play recklessly, and it would retard his development.

Well, the BIG WR hasn't helped Ben one bit. in fact, the 6'00" WR did a much better job of helping Ben out.

Oh, also the guy that Chadman said was a much better 6'5" + target- Heath Miller.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    All Chadman will say about Sweed is this- this is what happens when coaches listen to a key player's desires, instead of putting together their own plans.

The Steelers WERE ALWAYS going to grab a BIG WR after Ben said he 'needed' one.

It didn't matter who the BIG WR was, just so long as he was BIG & Ben could throw to him in double coverage, off the back foot, eyes closed & with a coed hanging off one arm.

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=RuthlessBurgher]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mick'sTeam":2wpf3y0t
    I'm not sure I understand this signing. I know ARE is a good community guy & good dude in the locker room, but in terms of on-field production, I don't quite see what this signing does for us. I was a fan when he was here, but that was years ago, he's not getting any younger, & his performance in Washington wasn't anything to get excited about. I was going to say he's just an old Mike Wallace, but Wallace is a better WR than El ever was.
    Are you kidding me?? He's had three straight 50 plus reception seasons. How is that not tremendous production for a #3 or #4 WR? When have the Steelers had that? I see this as making the Steelers better. Period. They now have 4 maybe even 5 legit WR's that all can contribute. That alone makes the offense better.
    In Randle El's 4 years in Washington (32-351-3, 51-728-1, 53-593-4, 50-530-0), we haven't exactly had slouches at the #3 WR with Nate Washington from 06-08 (35-624-4, 29-450-5, 40-631-3) and Mike Wallace last season (39-756-6). Over those 4 seasons, ARE has had 43 more catches than our #3 WR's, but our guys had 259 more receiving yards and 10 more TD's.[/quote:2wpf3y0t]

Yes, but look who was throwing to El in Deadskin town....not exactly Dan Marino....we've certainly had worse than an aging Randle El on our WR roster.

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone got a clip of ARE leveling Pat Williams to spring Ben for a TD?

Was one of my favorite all time blocks. ARE is less than half his size and just drills him with no regard for his body. Hines Ward had to bow down on that block.