Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What was Ben Roethlisberger thinking?!

Re: What was Ben Roethlisberger thinking?!

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    ALLEGED....ACCUSED...

Not CONVICTED...PROOF...

Saying Ben acted irresponsibly when there is no proof of it is, well, irresponsible on those willing to make that statement.

You simply cannot expect anyone to completely shelter themselves from contact with the outside world on the off chance they might get accused of something.
    Where did the article say Ben had to completely shelter himself from contact with the outside world?

I agree with you, innocent of any crime until proven guilty. But I agree with the author of the article, Ben appears to be lacking in the area of his off-the-field judgment. I hope it doesn't come to it, but Steelers' ownership may well decide to pull their big investment in Big Ben.
    It doesn't say he needs to, but if we are going to label him as having poor judgement every time he goes out, I'm saying there is no situation in the 'outside world' that can't lead to an accusation. The only way to protect himself is to have no contact with anyone. Only then will some people think Ben shows proper judgement.

Answer this- read the chronolgy of events for the night of the accusation. Then, remove the accusation from the nights events. And then ask yourself if Ben showed poor judgement, based on the other situations he was involved in that night. If the accusation proves to be false, what has Ben done wrong, exactly?
    To answer your last question: nothing.

There is no reason why the guy shouldn't be able to go out with friends and bodyguards to have a good time. The people who say otherwise are simply trying to act as the moral majority. I'd love to know how many of them would actually stay home given similar circumstances. They all say they would, but when you're not having poon tang thrown at you like beads off a Mardi Gras float it's awful easy to say you'd be prudent and sit home studying the old testament.

This is all about people being mad because when they put on their Steelers gear and go to the local bar to watch the game someone is going to give them a hard time about the "behavior" of Ben whether he is guilty or not. I say to those people they need to grow some thicker skin. They're not Ben. What he does in his life has no effect on them unless they let people's remarks bother them. Grow some thicker skin and quit whining like little girls already. Do us all a favor.

Pro Bowler

ben was thinking that he wanted to get laid, and through that whether he assaulted someone or not, he has embarassed the steelers

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8

To answer your last question: nothing.

There is no reason why the guy shouldn't be able to go out with friends and bodyguards to have a good time. The people who say otherwise are simply trying to act as the moral majority. I'd love to know how many of them would actually stay home given similar circumstances. They all say they would, but when you're not having poon tang thrown at you like beads off a Mardi Gras float it's awful easy to say you'd be prudent and sit home studying the old testament.

This is all about people being mad because when they put on their Steelers gear and go to the local bar to watch the game someone is going to give them a hard time about the "behavior" of Ben whether he is guilty or not. I say to those people they need to grow some thicker skin. They're not Ben. What he does in his life has no effect on them unless they let people's remarks bother them. Grow some thicker skin and quit whining like little girls already. Do us all a favor.

Ben is our franchise QB.

Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    ben was thinking that he wanted to get laid, and through that whether he assaulted someone or not, he has embarassed the steelers
    Oh no.............how will we ever recover as a franchise?

Pro Bowler

yea I am not surprised that you really dont care about embrassment...

What is there to be embarrassed about? Do you know Ben? Are you related to him? Are you responsible for the Steelers drafting him? Are you Ben?

Get the idea?

Pro Bowler

What is there to be embarrassed about? Do you know Ben? Are you related to him? Are you responsible for the Steelers drafting him? Are you Ben?

Get the idea?

I am not embarassed for the individual but it puts a black eye on the organization, whether he did it or not, he has put himself in this position. I used to laugh at organizations like the raiders, cowboys, bengals etc. signing ex convits and having drama follow them all the time, now it is happening to the steelers the past 3 offseasons, between ben this and last year, and harrison the year before that. I know you and a few other people could care less and think that it does not matter just as long as he produces on the field, but I want a team that is run right and stays out of trouble, (not even mentioning jeff reed)...we have no room to laugh at the bengals now or any other team..
    get MY idea?

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Ben, James Harrison, Jerome Bettis, Bam Morris, Jason Gildon, Jeff Reed, Matt Speath, Plaxico, Santonio....etc...

Maybe, just maybe, we need to readjust our moral code stance in relation to other teams in the NFL?
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Legend

Ben, James Harrison, Jerome Bettis, Bam Morris, Jason Gildon, Jeff Reed, Matt Speath, Plaxico, Santonio....etc...

Maybe, just maybe, we need to readjust our moral code stance in relation to other teams in the NFL?
    but it's so much fun to talk about other teams felons and ignore our own.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz

but it's so much fun to talk about other teams felons and ignore our own.

way more fun...

and yeah, Ray-Ray is still a murderer!