Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben's attorney says no sexual assault, "completely innocent"

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben's attorney says no sexual assault, "completely innocent"

Roethlisberger’s attorney says no sexual assault

Steelers star's high-profile lawyer says QB ‘completely innocent’

MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. - The high-profile attorney representing Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is disputing a woman’s claim that the two-time Super Bowl winner sexually assaulted her at a Georgia nightclub.

Police are investigating the 20-year-old college student’s claim that Roethlisberger sexually assaulted her early Friday. Roethlisberger has not been charged.

In a statement Monday, high-profile Atlanta attorney Ed Garland says there was “no criminal activity” and Roethlisberger is “completely innocent of any crime.” Garland also says no sexual assault occurred.

Also Monday, the police chief of the Georgia college town where the investigation is under way says detectives hope to interview Roethlisberger in the next several days.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Ben's attorney says no sexual assault, "completely innocent"

Per the MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. Union Recorder newspaper:

Milledgeville Police Chief Woodrow Blue confirmed at a press conference Monday that the department will ask Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger for DNA as part of an investigation into a 20-year-old woman’s claim that Roethlisberger sexually assaulted her in a downtown Milledgeville nightclub early Friday morning.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, if he says Ben is completely innocent, we should believe that as vehemonently as we all secretly believe Ben did something wrong.

After all, we all are lapping up some nameless woman's comment that Ben sexually assaulted her, so given that we feel free to condemn on the back of one person's point of view, we should be just as willing to exhonerate based on another's point of view.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Cooper DeJean CB
    2. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Have somewhat expected that (with all the various means of communication that was used that night to "capture the moments" and since--including FB and Twitter) the accuser's identity has not come forth yet. I don't know if it is a rule/law but know it is customary to protect the ID of a victim in the mainstream media but have expected it to surface already through some other means.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kindlecatsb'ng
    Have somewhat expected that (with all the various means of communication that was used that night to "capture the moments" and since--including FB and Twitter) the accuser's identity has not come forth yet. I don't know if it is a rule/law but know it is customary to protect the ID of a victim in the mainstream media but have expected it to surface already through some other means.
    But how is that even close to being 'fair'? Ben gets his name plastered around the papers as an accused 'sexual assaulter' while the person that SAYS he did it can run around annonymously?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Cooper DeJean CB
    2. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Really, release her name. Nutso McNulty didn't hide.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Chadman--it really isn't; and I don't know if this is a rule/law here in the US or the history of how this came about. Maybe PhillieEsq can help us out in that realm but I suppose it has something to do with protection of the victim.

It is frustrating to see one party's (the accused) name being put out there in a negative light and not know anything about the accuser.

That's why it seems weird not to have a leak somewhere by now.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's not fair but necessary. Alot less of these crimes would be reported if the names were splashed in the paper. With that said, both parties should be protected until at the very least charges are filed.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    It's not fair but necessary. Alot less of these crimes would be reported if the names were splashed in the paper. With that said, both parties should be protected until at the very least charges are filed.

EXACTLY.

That Ben should be forced, in any way, to defend himself BEFORE he has been charged, is absolutely CRIMINAL.

I'm all for protecting the victim- but what if the victim is Ben?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Cooper DeJean CB
    2. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kindlecatsb'ng
    Per the MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. Union Recorder newspaper:

Milledgeville Police Chief Woodrow Blue confirmed at a press conference Monday that the department will ask Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger for DNA as part of an investigation into a 20-year-old woman’s claim that Roethlisberger sexually assaulted her in a downtown Milledgeville nightclub early Friday morning.
    No rape but they want DNA?