Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Art Rooney II addresses Roethlisberger situation

Re: Art Rooney II addresses Roethlisberger situation

Steelers President Art Rooney said he will allow the investigation of sexual assault charges against quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to finish before the team decides what direction it might take on the matter. While Rooney declined to discuss the situation, he did say the team has time on its side before it looks at making any personnel moves to bring in a quarterback. "I mean, look that's one of the things, we do have a little bit of luxury of time," Rooney said this afternoon during an interview at Steelers offices, his first public comments since he issued a statement last week. "If we were at a different point in the year we may have to be thinking and doing something different. But at the moment, I think we're in a situation we're going to let this investigation play out and then go from there." Police in Milledgeville, Ga., are investigating an accusation brought by a 20-year-old woman who said Roethlisberger sexually assaulted her in the bathroom of a club in the early morning hours of March 5.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3652 ... estigation

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJackGold
    Steelers President Art Rooney said he will allow the investigation of sexual assault charges against quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to finish before the team decides what direction it might take on the matter. While Rooney declined to discuss the situation, he did say the team has time on its side before it looks at making any personnel moves to bring in a quarterback. "I mean, look that's one of the things, we do have a little bit of luxury of time," Rooney said this afternoon during an interview at Steelers offices, his first public comments since he issued a statement last week. "If we were at a different point in the year we may have to be thinking and doing something different. But at the moment, I think we're in a situation we're going to let this investigation play out and then go from there." Police in Milledgeville, Ga., are investigating an accusation brought by a 20-year-old woman who said Roethlisberger sexually assaulted her in the bathroom of a club in the early morning hours of March 5.

In case anyone thought the Rooneys are okay with this situation, think again. This indicates that they are certainly beginning to plan as if Ben may not be available next season. Wow...

I'm getting the feeling that this case is beginning to grow legs.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by papillon

In case anyone thought the Rooneys are okay with this situation, think again. This indicates that they are certainly beginning to plan as if Ben may not be available next season. Wow...

Pappy
    I think this is more Rooney's way of making a strong statement to Ben than it is an indication of the case growing legs.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon

Pappy
    I think this is more Rooney's way of making a strong statement to Ben than it is an indication of the case growing legs.
    Either way, Art is not a happy camper.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll